Dugeun Dugeun

Dream Turned Into Reality

Kai, as Hyejung likes to call him, reached out for her hand and being the blunt person she was, she stared at his hand confusingly, not sure what he wants. Does he want a handshake or is he trying to show me how flawless his hands look? Nah it can't be the second one.. She thought to herself. 

She looked up at him, only to step back and have her heart beat rapidly seeing the way he was looking at her. She cleared and laughed nervously before grabbing his hand. 

Oh my god, i'm touching him. I touched his hand girls, i did it. AHHHHH!!! Omg omg omg, they're so rough but soft, oh i could touch it all day. She mentally fangirled to herself, trying to control her scream that was itching to come out. 

He smiled at her and pulled away, leaving her disappointed but relieved at the same time. If he hadn't pulled away, she would be scaring the hell out of him and she didn't want that at all. Instead, she wanted to befriend him. 

"Where are you heading to Jongin?" Mrs Seo spoke up, noticing the awkward silence surrounding them.

He shifted his gaze from her to Mrs Seo and casually replied, "I'm off to the company to practice actually." Naww Kai, you work too hard, Hyejung praised him mentally.

"Oh, get along then. We'll see you when we see you." Mrs Seo said and waved him goodbye before dragging Hyejung into her apartment. While she was struggling to drag her, her body was walking away from him but her eyes wasn't. She had her head turned to where he was standing, staring at her with a smile and of course she was smiling too, like an idiot that is. 

"It was nice meeting you, Kai-shi!" She shouted from a distance while he nodded his head and waved his hands at her before saying, "I'll see you again Hyejung-shi." Causing her to blush and give off a tiny shriek when he said her name. Why does it sound so much better when he says it? 

Once she was already inside the house, locked up, Kai walked into the elevator with a smile on his face and said to himself, "She's gorgeous and oddly interesting."

"AHHHHHHHHHH!! OMO OMO OMO EOTOKKE!! UMMA, EOTOKKE!?" She screamed her hearts out jumping around the house while trying to maintain her feels.

"Yahhh! Bwo eotokke bwo!? Keep it down, i'm gonna turn deaf because of you." Mrs Seo placed her palms on her ears, trying to avoid hearing her high pitched screams that could break the glasses in her house.

Hyejung took a deep breath and stopped jumping as she tried to process everything that just happened. "Mianhe umma, i just couldn't help myself. It was Kim Jongin, i've told you how much i love him right? Oh god, he looks even better in person."

"I thought you've seen him in person?"

"I have but not that close! I owe you so much umma. Not just for letting me stay here but to let me stay beside THEM!" She thanked her and hugged her tightly.

She laughed and patted her back. "Yahh, i've warned you ok, just don't go too crazy with them and never reveal where they live. Just act like you don't know anything about them alright, or i'll be in deep trouble."

"Arasso umma. You can trust me!" Hyejung pulled away and looked at her with sincere eyes, showing her that she can be trusted. She loved EXO so much and their safety is important to her. She may not be anyone to them but they are a bunch of special people to her. And she wasn't going to allow others to hurt them, nope. Besides, they need their own privacy, they're normal human beings afterall and they have the rights to have some personal space. 

~~~

"Guys, did you know Mrs Seo has a visitor that's gonna live with her for a while? And did i mention, she's a female?" Kai asked, gaining attention at his last word. 

"Jinja?? Woah, daebak!" Chanyeol exclaimed.

"Yeppeo?" Chen asked cheekily.

"Neomu yeppeo(Very pretty), wait no, areumdawo(beautiful)." Kai said honestly as he stared into a blank space, picturing the way she looks. He couldn't help but repeatedly tell himself that she's beautiful. 

Sure, being in the music industry allowed him to meet alot of women but they weren't as beautiful as Hyejung, to him. And how odd is it that, he has only met her one time for a few minutes and he already couldn't stop thinking about her. It was weird to him since he has never felt that way before for anyone. If only Hyejung knew how he felt at that moment, she would be jumping for joy right now. 

"This is the first time that i'm actually excited to go home for a different purpose." Kai said, earning teasing looks for s.

"Yah, remember that you're an idol." Suho being the leader reminded him.

He inwardly sighed, "I know hyung, i just said she's beautiful, not that i like her." 

~~~

"Umma, i'm going out to get some fresh air. Don't worry about me, i'll be fine." Hyejung reassured Mrs Seo. 

It was late at night, 11.30 to be exact and she was having the best time of her life in her new apartment. Just kidding, she wasn't having fun at all. Sure EXO lives beside her, but she don't get to see them all day due to their hectic schedule but she didn't mind that of course. It's not like they're going to entertain her especially when they're so busy and exhausted. 

"Don't be back too late arasso?" Mrs Seo said worriedly. 

Eventhough Hyejung just met her a few hours ago, she felt strangely comfortable with her, maybe too comfortable, as if she was her own mother. She loved it, it didn't make her feel like she was living alone in a different country. She was thankful to her, for already treating her like her own daughter. 

She answered her question— which was more like a statement, with a 'Ne~' and headed out. 

She was just walking alone along the park under the apartment building, humming to EXO's 'my turn to cry' while kicking the rocks that she sees on the ground. She wasn't scared of being alone, in fact she enjoyed it. Just because it relaxes her mind and body and nobody's around to distract her from her own train of thoughts... Until someone came up to her from behind and scared the out of her.

"Boo." The latter whispered into her ear when he saw how relaxed she looked. He thought it would be fun to fool around with her but it ended up turning into a high pitched scream that could literally turn him deaf.

When she was done and had completely lost her voice, she turned around while she brought her hands that were curled into a fist in front of her chest, ready to punch whoever this creepy dude was. 

"Kai-ssi?" She asked and brought her hands down when she saw her idol standing in front of her with his hands covering his ears and his eyes tightly shut. 

"Please tell me you're done." He said, looking at her terrifyingly. 

She laughed at how cute his face looked and smiled guiltily. She scratched her head and said "Yeah, mianhe.. It was a reflex." 

"Of course it was." He said jokingly then laughed it off. 

She bit her lips and asked, "What are you doing here?"

"Well, i just needed to clear my mind until i saw you walking so calmly like you were taking a stroll in the clouds. What are you doing here?" He asked while walking beside her.

She was getting nervous already knowing that the person she truly adored was walking beside her. Since she was much shorter than him, her shoulders would brush against his toned arms and she would instantly blush like a doll. Trying to maintain her 'coolness', she cleared and said, "The same reason as yours." 

He hummed as a reply and asked, "So Hyejung-shi, why are you here? Not here, here but here as in living in Mrs Seo's apartment?"

She looked at him, blushing again and started explaining. She told him she was born in Ulsan but moved to Canada. Then she told him the reason why she moved in to Mrs Seo's apartment and he stopped her before she could even finish her explanation. "Hold on, you're here for KBS Music Festival? Who are you here for?" He asked curiously, staring at her. 

Hyejung cleared once more and admitted, "You." 

She looked away immediately as his gaze was too intense for her that she was getting shy by it. 

"Yeahhh!!" He cheered while his fist pumped into the air. 

"Well, whose your bias?" He asked with an anticipated look, hoping that she'll somehow say it's him. 

She bravely looked at him straight in the eyes and said, "It's you." Not forgeting to give him a wide smile  that showed her pearly whites at the end.

She likes me!! "Woohoo!" Kai cheered again, this time fist bumping the air with both of his hands. He honestly didn't know why he was so happy about it even though he knew that millions of girls had their eyes on him. 

Hyejung laughed at his cuteness and he quickly tried to act normal when he that realized she was still there. 

He cleared his throat and said "Ehem, so where were we?" 

"Hahah, i don't kno- where the hell are we!?" She asked him back. 

She was having too much fun talking to him that she didn't realize how far they've actually walked. They were in an area where there was completely nobody around, except for her and Jongin and they were surrounded by tall trees that prevented light from shining into where they were at, making it shadow with pure darkness. 

It wasn't as dark when she talked to Kai but it became more apparent to her when they stopped. 

Hearing how silent it was, she spoke up. "K-Kai-ssi?" She was scared of the dark and to add up to the eerie situation, she didn't even know where she was at. 

"Yeah i'm here, don't worry." Jongin reassured, making her sigh.

"I know i sound like a chicken but i don't really fancy being in the dark, Kai-ssi." She admitted. 

Hyejung could see him smile in the dark and she felt relieved all of a sudden. That's the kind of effect he gives her when she was just watching him on the screen. But now, she was watching him right in front of her face. It's kind of hard to believe. 

"It's ok Hyejung. I'm here, let's get out of here." He boldly grabbed her hand and led her out the dark, still making a conversation with her just to distract her from thinking about the scary darkness. 

Hyejung felt her face burning up and she knew she was getting red. Why is he doing this to me?

Minutes of walking and they're finally out of the dark, already in the lift lobby to be exact. He let go of her hand, making her disappointed at the lost of his warmth. 

He looked at the screen of his phone and his eyes widened, "Damn, it's already 12.50 a.m. We should go." 

Hearing what time it was, her eyes instatly bulged out "Mwoh!? Already? Wow, let's go." She said and walked ahead of him towards the apartment building.

She's cute. Jongin thought in his head. The two took the elevator together since they clearly stayed on the same floor. It was a little awkward as they didn't really have anything to say to each other. They felt shy somehow, knowing that they've been together for the past hour in the early morning when everyone else was soundly asleep.

They bid the awkward silence goodbye once the doors of the elevator open. Thankfully. Jongin wasn't used to being alone with a fan and Hyejung still found it hard that her bias has finally noticed her existence—since everyone else told her there was no way it could happen.

They stepped out of the elevator, with Hyejung going ahead first because Jongin insisted that he couldn't keep the ladies waiting. 

Their apartments were just across each other, which still seemed very bizarre to Hyejung. "Go get some sleep, you definitely need it Kai-ssi." She told him very genuinely, aware that he had been working very hard for the group. It almost looked like he was the only one trying the hardest to maintain the group at the top charts— which she knew wasn't true.

Jongin gave her a sincere smile in return of her sincere words. "I will. And you should too." 

Hyejung nodded in reply and waved him off before opening the door. "Hyejung-ssi!" Jongin called out quickly before she could enter.

She swiftly turned her head towards his direction and tilted her head to the side, waiting for him to talk. And as she stared at him quietly, her heart was playing a mini concert band in her chest. The sound of her name coming out from his lips made her excited.

"Let's drop the formalities, shall we?" he asked with a grin.

"Of course.. Kai." she smiled, making his heart jump unexpectedly at the beautiful sight. 

"Actually, call me Jongin." he told her. 

And it was something rare he would request someone to do. He doesn't allow people to call him by his real name unless he knows the person well enough. But Hyejung had a different spark in her that just screams 'i'm different from anyone else'. 

"Arasso.. Goodnight, Kim Jongin." she shot him a final smile and giggled her way in silently. 

"Goodnight Jung Hyejung." he said when the door shut fully. 

There's just something different about her. Jongin thought as he smiled foolishly and entered his own territory.

 


DOUBLE UPDATE HEHE! don't just read, subscribe!! ^_-