Their First Encounter

Dream Turned Into Reality

Author's POV

Jung Hyejung was born in Ulsan on the 18th of February 1996 but moved to Canada when she was just 3, thanks to her parents job.

She was an EXO-L—she still is. She's been to every of EXO's concert, fan meeting, and even went to a few of the music shows like Music Bank, Show Champion, Inkigayo, M Countdown, you name it. She went to those music shows just to watch one performance that was worth 4 minutes long. She couldn't miss it for the world. She was too in love with EXO that she was willing to fly everywhere for every event that they held or was participating in.

It wasn't a huge deal for her since her parents are business related people and would always give her what she wanted—also because she was their only child. But she wasn't the pampered kind of child or the spoilt child who has rich parents. She knew she couldn't depend on her parents forever so ever since she was 14, she worked as a part time worker at a pancake restaurant that paid her more than enough. In addition, she gets to bring home free pancakes everyday.

She was considered as the perefct child that every parent would want and the perfect girlfriend that every guy in and out of her hometown would date.

She's gorgeous or some may refer as beautiful, she's super friendly to everyone, she's kind, polite, soft spoken, smart, attractive and not to forget, she has a great sense of fashion. She's the whole package basically.

But even so, she wasn't confident in herself. She needed to hear something as good as a compliment from that someone she adored so that she wouldn't think so low of herself, and in this case, it would be EXO's Kai.

She's totally in love with him. The way he dances so passionately makes her go 'wow...'. The smirk he gives off when he;s on stage. The smile that reaches up to his eyes everytime someone cracks up a joke. His perfectly sculpted body. His husky deep voice. His cute laugh. The way he walks. The way he talks. The way he hits s as he laughs out loud. The way he stares into the camera like he was staring at her. 

She loved everything about him. She loved him not just as a fan loving her idol. But as a normal human being who falls in love with any other person who manages to capture their heart.

 

She's just 18 now like most fangirls, and they tell her that it's just a common love that a fan feels for their celebrity crush, but she knew it wasn't. She told her friends and family how much she wished he could notice her and how she hoped that she could at least be a friend to him. But they tell her to give it up and start living in reality already.

And she listened. She gave up. She stopped hoping. But she didn't stop supporting them. She loved them, especially Kai, but she told herself too that someone like him will never notice someone as uncommon like herself. And she still pushed away the boys who were willing to be with her, just because she still loved that one person whom she knew, while she was only a stranger to him.

She's in Seoul now, for a music festival that EXO was attending and of course, without a doubt she would be too. At the same time, she was thinking of moving to Seoul permanently since she wanted to live in an area where she knows she could fit in, not that she couldn't in Canada.

She just wanted to be somewhere where her heart will feel closer to home. She told her parents about it and they were hesistant to let her go but when she reassured them that everything was going to be fine and that she has to gain some experience as an 18 year old, they gave in and agreed.

And since her mum had a friend who lives in Seoul, she called her to ask if there was a place where she could stay in. Thank goodness for the kind woman as she was living alone, which meant that she's able to stay there for the mean time before she gets her own apartment. She told Hyejung to stay as long as she wanted and she couldn't be more thankful.

She, who Hyejung calls, Mrs. Seo, was waiting for her at the arrivals pickup area of the airport. Once Hyejung has grabbed her luggages with her, she headed out to be greeted by only 10-15 people whom she didn't know at all. So she walked slowly, scanning for her name on the sheets they were holding onto.

There she is.

Hyejung went up to the nice looking woman and asked, "Mrs Seo?"

Mrs Seo smiled at her and nodded her head and she immediately bowed to her in respect. Looking at how respectful the girl was, she complimented, "Aigoooo, such a nice kid."

Hyejung let out a chuckle and introduced herself. "Jung Hyejung imnida, please take care of me."

Don't wprry hun, i'll make your stay as comfortable as possible alright. And by the way, call me umma instead. I would love to know the feeling of being called umma." she said dejectedly.

Noticing how disappointed she was getting, Hyejung patted her on the back and gave her a soft smile. "Arasso umma, i'll be your child for now."

They made their way to her car and placed all her baggages into the boot herself, not wanting to trouble her after what she has already done for her. Then she went inside and sat beside Mrs Seo while she drove off carefully, creating conversations to make it less awkward for her. As Hyejung stared out the window, looking at the breath taking view, she let out a sigh of relief.

No matter how many times she's been here, it never failed to make her calm and feel at home. That's what she loved about being in Seoul.

"So, why are you here again?" Mrs Seo asked, keeping her eyes on the road as she speaks.

"Well.. I'm actually here for a music festival which is held next week and also, i'm planning to stay here permanently if that's possible. I just love it here, i don't know why.." Hyejung told her honestly as she looked at the older one.

'Ahhh, i see. That's a good thing then. And perhaps, are you here for EXO?" she asked with a grin.

Hyejung's eyes widened just at the mention of EXO. She shifted to face Mrs Seo in excitement, "Omo, you know them?"

"Oh come one darling, they're the big thing here and seriously, those boys are hot." She said, causing her Hyejung to laugh at her choice of words. Hot indeed. Coming from a middle aged woman sounded funny to her.

"Oh yeah, try to control you 'feels' if you want to stay or i'll kick you out immediately." Mrs Seo joked but little did the Hyejung know that it was actually a hidden message for her. And for the rest of the ride to Mrs Seo's house, the two talked about EXO and other interesting topics that entertained Hyejung throughout their way there.

As soon as they arrived, Hyejung was smiling satisfyingly when she was told that Han River was located 15 minutes from where the apartment was. She loved taking long walks alone and having a park added up with a beautiful scenery definitely makes up for it. Just the thought of it has already gotten her excited when there was honestly so much more to expect.

She grabbed her 3 huge baggages with the help of Mrs Seo, even though she insisted on carrying them herself. She found herself taking her time to walk to the lift lobby as she scanned around the area in awe. There's a mini park right outside the aparment and there's even a convenience store near there, but besides those facilities, it was the scenery that really caught her eyes.

It was a beautiful and amazing view and she hoped to be able to see it from her room, though any room was fine for her. She walked behind Mrs Seo as she leads her to her apartment enthusiastically. She loved, loved, loved to have visitors in her house especially becasue she's living alone, since she has no child and was divorced.

Once they were on the 11th floor, Hyejung picked up her baggages and headed out. She was spinning around, looking to her left, right, back, then in front again because she found everything so amazing. Due to her clumsiness and over excitement, she accidentally bumped her head into a hard chest and she immediately apologized.

"Sorry! I'm really sorry, i didn't watch where i was going. So sorry!" Hyejung bowed continuously while the latter was having a hard time trying to tell her that he was fine.

"Gwaenchana, i'm fine." the latter said calmly. Why does that voice sound so familiar? Hyejung asked herself.

She brough her face up to look at the latter and she instantly stiffened. Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped when she saw who it was. Somebody pinch me.

"Hyejung-ah, we're here!" Mrs Seo said as she unlocked the door. Hearing how silent it was, she turned her head towards their direction, causing her to giggle.

"I guess i don't have to tell her then." She said to herself. She went up to Hyejung and clapped her hands in front of her face that she snapped out of her daze.

"E-eo, umma.." she said but her eyes were still glued to the person in front of her.

"Umma?" the latter turned and asked Mrs Seo. "Eomeonim, i never knew you had a daughter." he continued.

"Ahhh, ani.. She's my friends' daughter. She'll be staying here for quite some time." Mrs Seo told the confused guy.

"Jongin-ssi, meet Jung Hyejung and Hyejung-ssi, meet Kim Jongin." Mrs Seo introduced, grinning from ear to ear while she did, seeing how stunned Hyejung was.

 


FIRST CHAPTER!!!