J & H

Dream Turned Into Reality

Author's POV

Just 2 more days until KBS Music Festival and of course just like any other event where there's EXO, it's going to be a huge one.

Hyejung was excited obviously, but it was kind of sad that she had no friend to accompany her. Although she always went to these events alone even before she moved to Seoul, she felt a little let down that nobody was going with her.

She made no friends at all since she didn't enroll in any school and she has yet to find a job, and she barely saw the people in her apartment building. It's like they're there, but not. 

She was okay with it but it gets too lonely sometimes. Depressing too. Especially when she cheers for EXO, screaming and shouting out loud but received glares and swears from the other fans. 

At times like that especially, having a friend would definitely be better because at least, there was someone that could defend her. 

But really, she just needed a friend. 

That's one drawback of moving into another country where everyone doesn't know who you are.

Aside from that, there was nothing she hated about living in Seoul because it truly felt like home to her— even though she was born in Ulsan.

"Hyejung-ah, could you come here for a minute darling!" Mrs Seo shouted from the kitchen.

Hyejung placed a cute bookmark of Spongebob in between the pages of her book that she was reading and walked into the kitchen. The smell of deliciousness greeted her from afar.

"Mmmm, it smells sooo good.." Hyejung commented, seeing the countless amount of dishes on the dining table. Her eyes shined at the colourful contents.

Mrs Seo let out a laugh and said, "Before you start digging in, i need you to call our neighbors over." She took out a table of a shorter height but longer length and positioned it on the floor.

"We have a lot of neighbours umma.." Hyejung laughed at Mrs Seo's lacking elaboration and helped her place the dishes on the table. 

"I'm referring to EXO, sweetheart." Mrs Seo gave her a sweet but full of mischief smile before patting Hyejung on her . 

Her jaw dropped in a flash and her eyes widened like it was about to fall out of place. "E-E-E-X-X-O?" she stuttered and gulped.

"I'm going to have a meal with EXO. Oh my god. Umma, is this for real? You're kidding right?" She placed her hands on Mrs Seo's shoulders.

"When are you going to realize that they are our neighbours and we're bound to have a connection with each other?" Mrs Seo patted Hyejung's cheeks, hoping to wake her up to her senses.

"Now go and call them over. They've got a schedule later on and i don't want to be the reason for their starvation. They're my boys too." Mrs Seo smiled softly at the end and pushed her out the door.

Hyejung looked down to scan her outfit, she was in her sweatpants and a t-shirt with Shinchan in the middle. Her hair was tied in a side braid and her huge spectacles from reading her book earlier on was still resting on the bridge of her nose. Her eyesight was turning bad from watching too much of EXO. She opened to retort but Mrs Seo put up her right palm in front of her face.

"You look just fine darling." Mrs Seo reassured. 

Which was true. She wasn't lying when she said that. Hyejung was that girl who'll look good in any state with or without effort, but she'll just never realize it.

She was about to open again to speak but Mrs Seo's stern eyes stopped her. "Go." she said, making Hyejung pout as she turned and walk to the other end of the corridor.

"Aish, what's so special about EXO.." Mrs Seo scoffed and went inside to finish the preparation.

With slow reluctant steps, Hyejung made her way to the doorstep of EXO's apartment. "She could have done it herself." she told to herself and paused her steps to stomp her feet in frustration. 

She whined to herself and spoke softly, "Ahhh..Michyesseo.." then she continued her few more steps to EXO's doorstep. 

But before she could reach, she felt a hand on her right shoulder, making her jump in shock. She immediately shielded herself with her arms and said, "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! P-P-Please don't hurt me! i'm a very nice girl, i'm sorry!!" Her arms were shaking. Clearly, she has the habit of reacting before even looking. 

"Hyejung-ssi?" she heard an oddly familiar voice, making her heart race but in a better way than before. 

She brought her hands down and slowly tilted her head up. She placed her hands on her chest and sighed heavily. "Xiumin-ssi! You scared me!" 

Xiumin laughed. "Can i just ask why  you were walkingg towards our apartment like a robber?" 

Hyejung noticed the muscle tank he was in and strands of hair sticking on his forehead. There was a towel hung around his neck. He must have gotten back from a work out, she told herself. 

"Sorry.." she scratched her head and pointed towards her own apartment. "Mrs Seo told me to call you guys over for a meal." she smiled sheepishly.

"That explains why you looked like a robber." he chuckled.

Hyejung opened to explain the scene he just saw. She didn't want him to think of her weirdly. "A-Aniyo. That wasn't-" 

"Hyejung-ah!" Her head quickly turned to the guy coming her way.

She mentally thanked him for saving her from explaining why she looked so secretive going towards their doorstep. She had no specific reason, just nervous. But she scolded herself for not being able to control her heart whenever she sees him.

"Annyeong Jongin." she waved a little.

"Since when were you guys so close?" Xiumin asked, looking back and forth between the two. 

"We're not.." she said very softly to herself while she stared at Jongin. She herself wasn't so sure why Jongin had insisted for the drop of formalities. It's not like they were friends or anything. They were acquaintances— excluding the fact that they were neighbours.

"What was that?" Xiumin asked, making her wave her hands frantically.

Jongin stared at her amusingly, not bothering to help her come up with an explanation or actually explaining the real reason. He wiped the swept of his temples with a soft chuckle.

"So.. Yeah.. Umma's waiting.. Soooo.." she laughed awkwardly. "Yeahhh.. Don't want to keep her waiting you know.." she walked backwards towards her own apartment, still facing them as she tries to speak like a normal human. 

"Just knock once you're done.." she made two thumbs up and smiled awkwardly before entering her own house.

"Well.. She's cute." Xiumin admitted, opening the door with Jongin behind.

"I told you so." Jongin said bravely. There really was no point in denying the truth. 

"Seriously, when did you guys get so close?"

 


I sound desperate but please subscribe and comment! It will totally lighten up my mood :-)