Truth

Dream Turned Into Reality

Jongin's POV

You're kidding me. 

We just had a date last night.

How the hell did she get engaged over the night?

"Fiance?" I was rather furious than sad. It felt as if she was playing with my feelings all along and everything she said to me all this while were just words to attract my attention.

I was actually having doubts about the memories we created together.

Was i the only one serious about it?

"Jongin-ah, i can ex-" 

There was so much meaning to the way her eyes stared into mine. I could tell she was desperate to talk to me.

"Hyejung-ah! What are you doing here?" Baekhyun cut her off as he slung his arms around my shoulders.

Hyejung continued staring at me. I could detect a hint of fear in her eyes as she watched me. 

"Oh, annyeonghaseyo.." Baekhyun-hyung's loud voice turned rather soft when he realized that there was a stranger standing with us.

He gave the same look i did the first time i saw the guy.

Baekhyun-hyung released his arms around me and bowed respectfully. I was in too much shock to even show my basic respect to this.. stranger.

"Yah, who is th-" Hyung asked me but the latter answered for him. And i wished a thousand times I didn't have to hear it again.

My hands naturally balled into fists as his words pierced into my ears and straight down to my heart. 

"I'm Hyejung's fiance." 

I clenched my teeth together as the same words repeated in my head.

I was boaring holes into this stranger who could only claim that he was Hyejung's fiance and not tell him his damn name.

Fiance.. 

Fiance.. 

Fiance.. 

I could see Hyejung staring at me as she waits for a bigger reaction from me. I avoided her eyes because i was infuriated by what seemed like betrayal and didn't want to lose my temper on her.

I don't know how much longer i can stay patient.

Hyung and i shifted our gaze to Hyejung who looked fairly calm on the outside. I knew she was as shocked and distressed as i was.

"A-Aniyo, it's not like that." she waved her hands frantically in front of us as the guy stared at her cluelessly. I saw her take a gulp.

"What-" he was also as confused as all of us were.

Why the hell was she playing with us?

"I'm sorry but i need to talk to you Jongin.." Hyejung walked away and i followed shortly after exchanging glances with her 'fiance'.

I didn't like the vibe he gave off.

Maybe it was for the fact that he claimed my date as his fiance, but i just knew I didn't like him. 

Hyejung and i talked at the back of the restaurant where no passer bys could see us. No one could disrupt this serious conversation that we were about to have.

"That's not true right? This is a prank isn't it?" I pointed towards the restaurant where the incident just happened.

She looked at me sympathetically. I didn't need the pitiful look. I needed answers..

I took a step forward to be closer to this girl whom i sincerely loved.

"Please, tell me that's just a lie Hyejung.." I cupped her face. They felt undeniably soft on my hands.

I could see tears forming on the brim of her eyes and i was also threatened to do the same.

She dropped her head as she placed her tiny palms over my hand. A drop of tear fell to the ground. I grew weak at the sight of that because the last thing i ever wanted to see was the cries of my loved ones. 

She shook her head. "I'm sorry.." she whispered.

I detached my hand from her face and ran my fingers through my hair. "You're kidding.." i scoffed.

"Tell me you're just kidding Hyejung! Tell me you're just lying!" I was practically screaming at her.

She flinched at my sudden outburst. She didn't say a word, again. 

What was i expecting.. She is Jung Hyejung after all.

"Say something Hyejung.."

Of course, she made me feel even worse with her damn tears trickling down her cheeks. 

"For goodness sake, tell me something Hyejung." 

I was the one hurting more here.

"God damn it, what about last night huh? What about 'this is more than just being in love'? What about 'i just don't want you to get hurt'? WHAT ABOUT THAT HYEJUNG?!"

She was sobbing hard now. My heart broke at the sight of that but her betrayal was much more painful than what she felt. 

"I'm sorry.. I'm sorry Jongin.." she said in between her cries.

I shook my head. I didn't want apologies.

I just want a damn explanation that's reasonable enough for me to forgive her.

"I didn't want this Jongin. I didn't agree to this.." she spoke softly.

"And you couldn't tell me the damn truth!?" I took an angry step towards her. She flinched at the harshness of my tone.

"I put in so much effort to prove to you how much i love you Hyejung.. Despite the exhaustion from practice and rehearsals, i made time just for you! Why? Because i am sincere and real about my feelings for you!"

I gazed down at her as she stared at the ground. Tears dripping down on every word i said.

"And you can't f**king tell me about this?! I TOLD YOU I TRUSTED YOU!" i raged by the end of everything i had to let out.

She closed her eyes while her body shook from her cries.

"Hey! That's enough alright!" her fiancé pushed the door open with great force. 

Hyejung was bawling her eyes out in front of me. I wanted to hug her. I wanted to tell her i'm sorry for being harsh and rude, but i was hurting too. The person i genuinely loved for the first time in my entire life was also the person who betrayed the feelings i sincerely poured out to.

He wrapped his arms around Hyejung's shoulders but i saw her flinch as though she wasn't comfortable with it.

"Hyejung-ah, are you okay?" he asked her and i just scoffed.

Seeing them, i had to turn my back and walk away. I couldn't handle the sight of them— the sight of her being cared for by another man.

Just as i was about to leave, i felt a hand grab mine. I didn't have to turn to look at who it was because i knew no one else who has the softest hands like hers.

"I didn't choose this Jongin.. Please, believe me.." she begged.

I couldn't turn my back to face her. Because then, i'll come face to face with her and witness her bloodshot eyes that i never wanted to see. 

I shook my head. "If you only told me earlier, i would have believed you." i told her and stomped back into the restaurant.

I was somehow thankful that manager-hyung brought us here because i wouldn't have known the truth and i would have been that pathetic guy chasing after an unrequited love.

I would be the only one trying so hard when she's already preparing for a legitimate marriage.

I felt foolish. 

For once i actually felt love and I actually thought i found love. 

Through out my entire life of living, the only love i've ever felt was from my family and most certainly our fans. 

But love between two individuals was something i've never experienced.

I thought i did after knowing Hyejung for awhile. I always looked forward to seeing her. She was constantly on my mind. 

Practices and rehearsals were often rushed through because i was stingy and wanted to see her immediately.

I was in love.


i am horribly sorry for not being able to update for months!!! this year was just hectic and stressful! but thank goodness, im free from school, exams and everything else stressful.. i'll do my best in finishing up this story ok! until then, continue to support my stories and show me some love hahah author-nim lacks a lil bit of love xD 

takecare guys! be kind ok💗

-pizzalove