Date Night

Dream Turned Into Reality

Hyejung's POV

What do i wear? Seriously, what do i wear to a date? Aish, why is it so damn hard to pick one simple outfit?

Don't dress up too fancy, he said. But it's my first date ever! And yes, EVER. I must be the luckiest fan in the world to be having a date with the one and only Kai.

No no no.. I'm having a date with Kim Jongin. It just feels more real to mention his name rather than his stage name, you know? And today, he's taking me out on a date.. This feels so surreal its driving me insane.

I stared at my own reflection in the mirror. I used to think so low of myself. I used to think of myself as someone who isn't pretty, what more beautiful. I never thought that i had more to myself until i met Jongin. And basically the whole group to be honest. I'm not saying that i don't still look down on myself, in fact i still do at times of loneliness. But with their presence, i realized i became more appreciative of myself.

I guess it does make a difference to be complimented by someone famous as compared to someone who has no position anywhere. I don't think i was being picky with who i wanted to accept the compliments from because i met Jaehyun and he was almost as similar to the guys. He was the first person that i knew, who was courageous enough to come up to me and say, "You're really gorgeous, you know that?" 

I didn't even know him then.

But i really don't know why i wasn't affected by Jaehyun's words at all. It just made me feel more insecure of myself when he did. Maybe because i was much closer to EXO, the famous global idols than i was with Jaehyun, the cute guy in college, that boosted up my confidence.

I suppose the more famous you are as a person, the more influential you become.

The vibration of my phone snapped me out of my thoughts.

kj; i'll see you later, princess ;-)

I didn't reply him and looked in the mirror again. Stomping my feet on the ground, i tousled my hair that it was in a complete disarray. "Princess? Now how the hell am i going to turn myself into a princess?" i cried.

I slammed my hands onto the vanity table and stood up while fiercely gazing at myself in the mirror. "You can do this Jung Hyejung! This is you first date ever and you do not want to mess it up. NO! Jung Hyejung, you're going to do this right! HWAITING!" i cheered to myself before opening up the doors of the wardrobe to find a suitable outfit that hopefully won't make me look too fancy. I must have looked crazy talking to myself in the mirror.

After minutes of contemplating, i finally decided to wear a laced long sleeved black dress that was a little above my knees. Black goes with everything right?

I wore my outfit first before dolling myself up. It was a bodycon dress that hugged my figure perfectly. It was tight, i have to admit. But it wasn't too much that i couldn't breathe.

I sat in front of the vanity and started doing my make up. I didn't do anything too drastic to my face because i honestly didn't want to look as if i was trying so hard for him— although i was well aware of his feelings for me.

I just did my everyday routine which was a winged eyeliner and a little bit of blush on the cheeks to give that rosy touch. As for my lips, i applied a soft pink lip gloss all over my lips to bring out the more feminine side of myself.

I pulled out the hair tie from my bun and let my hair fall on my shoulders. There were dents from my hair tie everywhere and i knew i had to get that fixed. It was truly unappealing. I curled my hair into soft, sophisticated waves that almost looked effortless.

Wearing a dress doesn't seem to be the most wonderful idea, now that it's autumn and heading towards winter in a few days time. But, it's not like we'll be having a date on the rooftop or outdoors right?

When i was satisfied with how i looked, i smiled to myself in the mirror and did another cheer. "Let's not screw this Jung Hyejung!"

And just as i was about to leave my room, Jongin texted me.

kj; i'm outside.. just head out when you're done, i'll wait :-)

I love how he didn't rush me and was so thoughtful still despite me being 5 minutes late. Ugh, i hate myself? Making others wait is a bad habit which i definitely need to learn from. I hate making others wait. And i just had to make my only crush wait.

Rushing out of my room, i said out loud, "I'm out umma!" and gave her a quick back hug before pecking her on the cheeks. She patted my in response and said, "Have a fun time sweetie and make sure he takes good care of you!"

I laughed. He's been doing more for me, umma.. I put on my favorite silver pumps that i brought all the way from Canada. It's so sparkly and shiny that it was the first thing i packed before coming here. 

"And sweetie, you look amazing!" she said, making me blush at the compliment.

"Thank you umma! Take care alright, see you later!" I blew her a kiss. Before opening the door, i closed my eyes and let out a shaky breath. I never thought opening a door could turn into one of the most nerve-wrecking moments in my life.

After giving myself a little encouragement, i opened the door and the first thing i saw... was the wall. Well, what would you expect?

But when i was about to step outside, Jongin took a step to his left and we ended up being face to face with little distance between us. I closed the door behind me with a little pull, but didn't take my eyes out of him.

"Good evening, princess. I thought i told you not to dress up too fancy." he gave me a lopsided grin which made my heart beat faster.

Author's POV

"Look at you!" Hyejung exclaimed.

"What about me? Jongin asked as if he didn't understand what she was going on about.

"You're wearing a suit Kim Jongin-ssi." she raised her eyebrows and smiled playfully.

He didn't answer her but grabbed her hands instead, surprising her for a moment at the sudden touch. "I wanted to look good for you." he admitted casually.

The two went to the basement because Jongin informed her that he would be driving. And she was surprised to hear it because she didn't remember him having a drivers license.

But when she was told that he has been taking driving lessons since before they met, she nodded. She was impressed that he was able to do all that despite the limited time he has.

He doesn't have his own car but he was given the permission from Chen to borrow his car for the night. Jongin was so thankful to him because among EXO, only Chen and Chanyeol owned a car. And he obviously didn't want to go through the trouble of having asked a list of questions to why he needed the car if he asked Chanyeol.

Jongin knew that he and Sehun would find out eventually but it was better for them to know later so that they don't get to plan in advance to disrupt their date.

Hyejung has never seen Jongin being in the drivers seat before and to be able to see him on the wheel was an honor for her. With his suit, he looked like a boss. But together with the car, he looked like he owns the entire city.

He looked amazingly hot. Especially with his ed collar and backcombed hair. He was impossible not to stare at.

"Where are we going?" Hyejung cleared before asking.

"You'll find out later." he gave her a quick wink and returned his eyes on the road.

"Will it be somewhere safe for you?" Hyejung asked uneasily. She wanted to go out with Jongin but if it could ruin his safety and image, she didn't mind going home instead.

The traffic light flashed a red, causing Jongin to stop the car. He turned his head to face Hyejung and smiled softly. "Don't worry.. I had it all planned for us and i promise, we'll have a great time."

~~~

The place that Jongin planned out for their date wasn't too close to the city area but neither was it too far. It was the perfect distance from the hustle and bustle of the city where fans and paparazzi's wouldn't have a single clue that they've been there before.

It was the place was where he and EXO would spend most of their time at whenever there is a special occasion or when they just needed their personal space and time. They bought their own villa. It was definitely worth the money because for a low-priced villa, it was perfect and magnificent.

There's a swimming pool, a barbecue pit, a huge modern living room surrounded with white marbled walls, a moderate size kitchen that had a long kitchen island and 4 rooms on the second level that was big enough to fit all members. They could also have about 3 guests over for a sleep-over if they wanted to. It was big enough for that much people.

It was a shame that they couldn't make use of it as much because of their tight schedule but every time they came, the villa never failed to help them relieve their stress and forget about whatever was happening in their lives at that particular moment.

Hyejung stepped out of the car with the help of Jongin and stared at the building in awe. "You like it?" he asked and she nodded slowly with slightly apart.

"You're always welcome to visit." Jongin smiled.

He extended out his hand and asked, "Ready for our date night?" Hyejung bit her lip shyly and carefully placed her palm over his.

He pulled her gently and led her into the villa. When they entered, there wasn't much light but it wasn't completely dark either. The atmosphere and overall vibe was mystical yet romantic. There were lighted candles on the floor, perfectly arranged by the sides.

They walked along the lighted pathway. There were violins playing in the back as if they were shooting a scene for a romantic movie.

"Wow.." Hyejung whispered. She has never experienced anything so spectacular in her life. She felt greatly honored to be sharing this moment with her favorite person.

They walked in comfortable silence until they reached the middle of the living room— where Jongin spent his free time rearranging the furnitures to set up the dining table for the date.

A candle was lighted in the middle of the round table and a stem of rose laid patiently on it before Jongin picked it up. He passed it to Hyejung and her face had and instant spark that made him elated and satisfied already.

She sniffed the rosy scent of it and smiled. He pulled out a seat for Hyejung and took a sit opposite of her. He hasn't been to a date before although many wanted him but he was glad to have his first date with his own crush, what more a normal person, Jung Hyejung.

"How do you feel right now?" he asked with care and interest. He really wanted to know.

Hyejung gave him a broad smile and sighed in great relief, "I feel great.. This is amazing Jongin.." she told him earnestly. Although it wouldn't seem like much to others, she knew well that he put so much effort into it. It could be the fact that she hasn't been to a date before that made her think of it as 'spectacular' and 'amazing' but deep down, she felt truly fortunate.

"The date hasn't even started, Jung Hyejung-ssi." he teased and raised his hand up before clapping twice. Immediately, two men in a waiters outfit approached them with a plate of steak and a glass of wine in their hands.

They placed it gently on the table in front of them and bowed. Hyejung stared at them in amusement and her eyes followed the two handsome men as they walked away to resume their work.

She still hasn't taken her eyes off of them although they were no longer visible to Jongin. Jealousy rose up in him, making him clear his throat, gaining her attention once again. "Only look at me, okay?" he smirked eventhough he was a little hurt.

The only reason she stared at them for so long was because she was amazed at how he managed to hire these people just to serve them on their date. She has so much time yet she's doing so little in her life unlike Jongin.

She bit her lip and tugged her hair behind her ears. She doesn't know that the little gesture always sent butterflies to the man's stomach. Why does that gesture always make my heart flutter? Jongin thought as he admired her silently.

"Let's eat." he said and picked up his knife and fork. But he didn't eat until he saw her take a bite. She chewed the meat effortlessly and her eyes widened like a doll. He quickly put his utensils down.

"Wae, wae, wae? Is it not cooked? Spit it out if you don't like i-"

"This is hands down the best steak i ever had in my life!" she enthusiastically said and cut another piece. Jongin sighed and chuckled.

"Ayee you're exaggerating" he teased. "But I'm glad you like it." he admitted and finally took a bite of his portion.

They spent their dinner eating and talking casually about life and some other irrelavant things that Jongin didn't mind talking about with her. Jongin even told her about his relationship with Red Velvet's Seulgi and expresed his confusion as to why fans are always trying to pair them up, with a huge sigh.

"You guys do look good together.." Hyejung muttered softly and slumped in her sit at the thought of that. 

"What was that?" Jongin asked but she quickly shook her head and smiled awkwardly.

The topic on marriage was itching to come out of Hyejung's mouth. She wanted to mention about Jaehyun so badly to him but she didn't know what to answer if he asked her what her decision is. Because she hasn't made up her mind yet and didn't even want to think about it. The thought of marrying a person she didn't love, has never crossed her mind and now that she was going throught it herself, made her feel lost.

After the delicious dinner which ended with a sweet course of a perfectly sliced black forest cake and banana pudding, Jongin led Hyejung to the second level where the swimming pool and rooms were. He gave her a mini tour of the upper level, closing and opening doors to reveal beautiful bedrooms that were seldom touched.

They headed to the swimming pool where the scenery of the city was evident. Their villa was placed on a hill— almost at the top of but not quite yet. The city looked like blinking colourful sparkles from afar and the buildings blended in with the night sky, making it look as if it was just one gigantic wall. It was a dazzling sight to watch.

"You know.. I never expected to be asked on a date by an idol. By you.. I mean, as your fan, i always imagine what it would be like to go out with EXO's Kai.. But i never thought it would actually happen to me." Hyejung spoke as she held onto the railings that encircled the level. She didn't look at him, she just stared at the view.

Jongin leaned his back against the railings and stared at her from the side. She was the kind of view he didn't want to take his eyes off. "Now that it's happening, how do you feel?" he asked, sincerely wanting to know her thoughts on being there together with him.

She let out a deep sigh. "It doesn't feel real. It's like a dream i never want to end." she confessed, this time turning her head to look at him in the eye. Whenever she was sincere with what she said, she wanted to assure the other by looking into their eyes because that's where the truth lays.

"A dream you never want to end, huh?" he asked and she nodded, returning her attention to the view in front of her.

I have to make this official.

"Do you know why you're here? Why i asked you out on this date?" Jongin asked carefully, as though any mistake in his words can change the whole purpose of bringing her there.

"Because... You have feelings for me?" she told him, unsure.

He nodded and smiled softly. "But that's not all Hyejung.. I don't just like you.. I think- I think what i feel for you right now is more than just a mere crush."

Hyejung twisted her body fully to face him. She rested her right arm on the railings and asked, "What do you mean?" She became a bit wary to what he was saying.

Jongin straightened his body and stood in front of her. He boldly grabbed both her hands and grazed them softly. They had butterflies in their stomach, both of them. "Do you believe that it's okay to fall in love with anyone regardless of who they are or how long you've known them?"

She didn't know where his questions were leading to but she answered anyway. "Of course. If it's love then why not right? It's the heart that chooses and determines how you really feel for someone.." she explained because she certainly knew what falling in love feels like everytime she looks at him.

"Then i have to tell you something." he said and she felt her heart skip a beat. "I'm in love with you Jung Hyejung. I don't care who you are, i don't care that you're a fan. Because i can't deny my feelings anymore. I'm in love with you." he finally confessed. His second confession that took a lot of courage and pride.

She thought her heart stopped beating for a moment. Her legs were getting weaker and she was starting to get lightheaded. Before she could fall to the ground, she fell into Jongin's arms instead. "Are you okay??"

She managed to regain her balance with his help. "A-A-Are you re-really in love with m-me?" she asked, not bothering about her little stumble earlier on. She had to hear it twice to reassure herself that all of these wasn't a dream.

Jongin chuckled and stepped closer to her as he cupped her face. "Yes Hyejung. I'm in love with you. And..." he removed his hands from her face to grab something from the inside pockets of his blazer. He pulled out a silver necklace that has a double infinity charm on it.

"I want you to have this. But before that.." he grasped her hands tightly but gently. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

 


Another update!!! Since it's the weekends and i have some time to myself, i decided to treat my lovely subscribers and readers to one more update XD I will be busy once again once the weekends end and might not have the time to update for a while.. I promise i'll find time.. It will take a while for me to update but i'm definitely not stopping this fanfic! So continue to support me and read my other stories while you wait HEHEHE a little self promote session there. Comment, subscribe and vote alright! Take care always and i'll be back.. ;-) xoxo, pizzalove