Camping Trip Part II

Dream Turned Into Reality

Author's POV

"Everybody, i need you to surrender any electronic device you have right now and place it into this tray." Suho told the group. He looked at Hyejung and added, "You don't have to." 

It is a camping trip and having phones and any type of electronic device was a no no for the leader. Trips like these was one that he truly appreciated and made full use of. When they were given the opportunity to be free, they want to make use of the time freedom they were given, to their fullest extent.

"Ayeee, that won't be fair would it." she said and placed her phone gently into the tray. Suho shrugged indifferently like he couldn't care less about her. Jongin gave a look to Baekhyun while he raised his eyebrows at the leaders unusual aloofness. 

The members started taking out their phones one by one before placing them into the tray. Sehun even managed to steal a quick selfie with them obediently surrendering their devices in the background.

"Can i keep this?" Chanyeol asked the leader, holding up his black polaroid with both hands. It looked like he was trying to reenact the scene from Lion King. 

"Yeah sure." Suho casually said, making Chanyeol smile goofily as he snapped a picture with Hyejung. Good thing she reacted quickly because the picture turned out perfect— Hyejung frowning with her eyebrows cutely and Chanyeol smiling brightly with his teeth as he looks at the girl.
 
EXO and Hyejung started of the trip simply by placing their stuff in their own tents. It was more of a modern type of camping since the wall tents was already set up for visitors. It was certainly better because the tents will give them the privacy that they clearly needed.

Hyejung had her own tent because she was the only female there and obviously, none of the guys were allowed to share a tent with her. They may be nice, but they're still males with fierce desires. 

Sehun shared a tent with Jongin. Lay with Suho and Xiumin. Baekhyun with Chanyeol. And lastly, Chen with D.O. 

There wasn't much that they did on the first day of camping but it sure was a great start. They played treasure hunting first—which was prepared by D.O and Suho. It took a while—a solid 2 hours because the two went all out hiding the treasures. And to make it even more challenging, they hid the littlest things at the hardest places. Xiumin gained a small bag of chocolate coins, Lay and Chen gained two 10,000 won notes, Hyejung gained a very cute soft toy of a wolf, Chanyeol gained a token of participation with a plastic filled with packets of gummy bears while the others gained nothing—because they found the game stupid and they didn't bother looking for the 'treasures' even though some was hidden in the most obvious places.

Then, they played soccer with D.O being the referee because Hyejung insisted on joining one of the teams. "Hey! Girls can play rough too okay!" She told them when Jongin suggested that she should be the referee instead because she's a girl. How ist was that? She knows he was just trying to be polite and mindful but she had to prove that the female population isn't as weak as they seem.

But, the game didn't turn out so great as the poor girl got hit several times by the ball. The last hit before the game ended was the worst because she was literally bruised on her ankles. "I told you! I told you, you should've just stayed at the side and become a referee!" The words came out unexpectedly from Jongin and it made the members furious at his ignorance.

Hyejung had no choice but to sit on the grass with a little help from the nicer ones, Chanyeol and Sehun. 

"AND HIS SERIOUSLY MY BIAS?" Hyejung shouted across the field of grass and purposely making it loud for her idol to hear. She let Sehun rub her sore ankle as Chanyeol grabbed his go-to ointment.

That guy is unbelievable. It was clear that she was no longer shy around them. "Yah, you're that dense about girls?" Baekhyun asked Jongin. 

"What?" He asked but only a received pat on his back as Baekhyun shook his head disbelievingly. "Our main visual really doesn't know anything but look good.." He whispered to Chen. 

"Yah Jongin, come here." Chanyeol waved him over to where Hyejung was. 

He passed him the ointment and a long gauze bandage to treat the girl. "I'm leaving it to you because you're the one she favors and i got a feeling you only said that because you were worried for her." Chanyeol whispered into his ears.

"Of course i was! She's my crush and if anything happens to her, I'm responsible." Jongin said softly while secretly looking at Hyejung.

"Yeah yeah, whatever. Just get her treated and apologize." He advised. Jongin nodded and patted the maknaes head lightly. He said, "Yah, go and help the others, i'll take care of this." 

Sehun stood up while Hyejung continues wincing in pain. "Good luck." he wished and patted Jongin's cheeks with a grin that said 'she's not gonna go easy on you'. 

Jongin bent to his knees. Hyejung scowled and glared at him. "I guess your true colours are starting to show." she said while rubbing her ankles. He removed her hands away from it and quickly applied some ointment to the affected area.

"Mianhe, that was just Kim Jongin trying to show his concern." he admitted. He pressed and massaged her ankles very subtly and then began to wrap the bandage around it. 

"That's how you show your concern?" Hyejung wasn't angry anymore. She wasn't even in the beginning but was definitely quite taken aback by his split personality. She giggled.

"Yah, is it my fault that i have no experience with girls?" Jongin asked as he wrapped the bandange around her ankles a little tightly to put some pressure on them.

"Well, i don't have any experience with guys but i most certainly don't tell them off like that. And, what about them?" she pointed towards the other members. 

"They're different. they had their own experiences before we started all the hardcore training. Don't tell anyone i told you." he secured the bandage with a tiny safety pin which wasn't going to hurt her any further.

"I promise i won't." she solemnly swore. "Arasso, i understand but let me just give you an advice." she said and Jongin inched closer like he was receiving her top secret.

"If there is a girl that you like, you should always treat her like a princess or just treat like how you would treat your own mum or perhaps future wife. Okay?" she made an 'ok' sign with her fingers.

"Arasso, love guru, Jung Hyejung-ssi." Jongin teased but he locked those words into his brain. Treat her like a princess or your future wife.

"So, am i forgiven?" He held out his left hand and smiled sheepishly, already knowing the respond to his own question.

"Do i get a lollipop?" she tilted her head and asked.

"Because you're cute, I have something better for you." he winked and her heart was practically melting in the cold day. He called me cute.

She placed her hands on his and said, "Forgiven." 

~~~

The next day

The second day of the camp was always the exciting part because people tend to do more than the day of the arrival or departure. The members had the activities planned out already and the only one who has yet to know was Hyejung. 

She was up for the adventure because her ankle was actually healing pretty quick and she wanted to make the best of the camping trip with EXO. These are the kind of opportunities that doesn't come by often.

"Tag, check. Breakfast, check. Frisbee, check. Hiking, water volleyball, campfire, not yet." Xiumin said. 

They were standing in a circle, gathering some warmth from the cold weather. Summer just ended and fall was just beginning. The breeze was a nice switch from the scorching hot sun but, being around the forest can get a tad too chilly for them. 

"Water volleyball? But it's cold." Hyejung made a pout with her lips.

"Oh don't worry, it's going to get warmer there." Baekhyun wriggled his eyebrows playfully but Hyejung didn't seem to understand his 'joke'.

"I didn't bring any wet clothes bathing costume though.." Hyejung told them with disappointment.

"Who said we were playing with our clothes on?" Sehun teased and wriggled his eyebrows this time. Hyejung widened her eyes.

 He expected s to joke along with him but he only ended up getting hit and scolded for his immaturity. 

"Ok, his out." Jongin pushed him out of the group and closed up the circle, that he was standing next to Hyejung. He wrapped his arms around her shoulders and said, "Hyejung-ah, don't worry! In this circle, we're all still in our right minds." 

"I was just kidding!!" Sehun protested from behind as he hugged himself and shivered.

"Too late maknae!" Baekhyun said. The more mature ones—Lay, Suho, D.O and Chen shook their heads in silence. They had nothing to say.

Hyejung laughed awkwardly. "O-Okay.. So, we all agree on keeping our clothes on right? Because i'm out if we're not." 

"We're not gonna get !" 

"Clothes on everyone!" 
 
Chanyeol and Jongin quickly clarified. Hyejung sighed inwardly. "Yay! What are we waiting for then? Kaja!" She started walking without any idea where she was heading to. EXO watched her in bewilderment before trailing behind her, leaving Sehun behind.

They were serious when they said they'd leave him.

"Hey! Wait up guys! I'm sorry.. Guys! I said i'm sorry didn't i? What happened to 'we are one' ? GUYSSSSS!!!" shouted the rowdy maknae.

"Shut up Oh Sehun!"
 


3 more days to 2016, i am sad.. This year flew by way too fast! Anyway, here's an update for you!! It'll get better, i promise. Meanwhile, subscribe and comment~ It might not seem like anything to you but it means the world to me! Hehe, take care <3