Surprise

Dream Turned Into Reality

Author's POV

Hyejung was back in Seoul. And she couldn't be more thankful to be back because the atmosphere in Canada was just too dull and uninviting. Moreover, having the person that she did not have a single interest in, clinging onto her for almost the whole day did not make her comfortable a single bit. Even in her own home, she felt like she was being followed by a lost dog.

Her flight touched down only at 9.30 p.m in Seoul because it got delayed for some weather issues. But she fortunately reached Seoul safely.

She was so happy and excited to be back because she missed Mrs Seo and the guys so much. Being in Canada did not allow her to contact any of them becuase she was given no privacy. But even if she was given her own time, she didn't want to contact any one of the guys and even Mrs Seo because she was certain that they all had their own work to do and aren't as free as she usually is. She was certain that EXO's hectic schedule has begun again since their short break was over.

She took the cab home from the airport without informing Mrs Seo when exactly she would be back. She wanted it to be a surprise.

After a long but peaceful silence, Hyejung arrived at her apartment building. "This feels so much like home." she said the moment she stepped out of the cab.

She turned around and the strong wind rushed towards her simultaeneously, blowing her hair as if she was doing a shampoo commercial. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes for a little while before opening them again to watch the mesmerizing scenery in front of her. Han River was 15 minutes away from the apartment, allowing her to get a good glimpse of it.

After the little moment, she headed inside the building and entered the elevator with her luggage. As the door closes, she smiled to herself and said, "She's going to be so surprised when she sees me!" She would love to see her flabbergasted and screaming like a fan when she appears in front of her.

But when she stepped out of the elevator and walked to the door of her apartment, she hesitated to open it. Because the door wasn't closed completely and through the gaps, she could tell that it was dark inside. Her pulse was beating fast.

She turned to check if anyone was around but when she was convinced that she was alone, she pushed the door open slowly. "Umma?" she called out and walked with light steps. She hated the dark eversince she was a kid but she would rather face her fears than regret not trying to help someone in need— or she thought was in need.

She couldn't see anything because the whole house was pitch black. She took her phone from the back of her pocket and the flashlight. Convenient as always. She wasn't going to be a coward in situations like this. It was her 2nd home, what could possibly go wrong in the house she's been living in right? But then again, Mrs Seo could be in trouble and she wouldn't know that.

"Umma? Are you home?" she called out again. Her voice trembled out of nervousness. For a small apartment, it felt pretty huge at that moment.

Using the flashlight to guide her to the kitchen, she walked carefully as cold sweat started forming on her temples. She quickly grabbed a knife as if it was the most natural thing to do in this situation.

She thought she heard laughters for a moment but she didn't know where it came from. Everything was dark and confusing to her. It was worst than entering a haunted mansion. "Who's there?"

She followed her gut feeling and walked to her room. She had a bad feeling about it. But trying was better than to not doing anything at all. She raised her hand with the knife next to her head. She pushed down the door handle with courage and speedily pushed it down with her left foot.

"SURPRISE!" There was light again. Not only the fluorescent lights shone brightly, but the faces of her favorite people were strikingly glowing.

EXO stood in her room with Mrs Seo standing in between Suho and Lay. She looked so tiny and adorable in between the gigantic guys. It was a cute sight to look at.

"Oh my-" she paused when she realised that her room was decorated with numerous balloons and a huge banner which says, "We are here for you..". The knife slipped out of her hand unconsciously, startling the guys and Mrs Seo.

The sharp, pointed knife fell on her right foot, scraping her skin effortlessly as it left a cut. It wasn't as deep but it was definitely bleeding non-stop. The whole room turned into chaos in a matter of seconds.

"OH MY GOD HYEJUNG-AH!" Sehun yelled.

"JUNG HYEJUNG!" Mrs Seo shrieked.

The trio—Chanyeol, Jongin and Sehun ran to her side before Mrs Seo could. Hyejung finally reacted but with a hard and loud cry, the kind that expresses ones agony. From her dad's death to his unexpected death wish and now to this unanticipated surprise from all the people she loved genuinely. It was a lot to take in, causing the sudden outburst that startled everyone.

"Does it hurt a lot?" Jongin quickly asked as he examined her injured foot.

She was still on her foot with the support of the concerned guys despite her bleeding foot. She was wailing like a kid. She pointed towards the banner and asked, "What did i do to deserve all of you?" She asked in between her cries.

Xiumin and Baekhyun snickered while Lay and Suho smiled in amusement. The trio exhanged glances and then gave her a judgemental but concerned look. "I'm seriously grateful to have met you guys.." she cried harder, making her whole body shake.

Forgetting about her little injury, Chen shouted, "GROUP HUG!!!" And with that, the guys including Mrs Seo charged towards her with their arms spread out wide. She stood in the middle while everyone else surrounded her and hugged her. Chanyeol being the closest to her had the most advantage and he took the chance to keep her closer to him.

"Okay, that's enough!" Sehun yelled and the crowd broke off. He saw what his hyung was trying to do and didn't like it at all. Trying to take advantage of the moment, i see..

"Let's get this foot treated before it dries up!"

"What about food?" Baekhyun asked.

"REALLY BAEK?" Chanyeol shouted with a glare, causing Mrs Seo to giggle at their childish acts.

Jongin's POV

"Does it still hurt?" i asked Hyejung. She had to be one of the most careless person i have ever met. I swear she just falls and drops her things everywhere. Sometimes, even herself.

But, this is the girl i liked.

Initially, i had a private surprised planned out for her but when Chanyeol hyung found out that she was coming home soon, he announced to the guys that we should all make a surprise for her. I couldn't avoid it because i like her and if they found out that i had something planned out only for her, they wouldn't hesitate to ruin it for me. I love them but they go a little overboard sometimes.

Hyejung nodded her head while i the bandage on her cut. "This is nothing!" she pointed to her injury.

"Then why were you crying?" i asked although i knew the answer. Listening to her explain has to be the cutest thing i've seen.

"Because i was so moved by the fact that you guys did all of this for me.." she told me and i could see the sincerity in her eyes. I was so glad to be part of this because seeing the smile on her face made me feel like i achieved something. I just wanted her to be happy after what happened with her father.

Honestly, i just need her to be happy. 

The rest of the guys were gobbling down the food that Mrs Seo made. Even Chanyeol and Sehun who was extremely worried about her at first joined within a few seconds when they saw all the dishes Mrs Seo prepared. I don't blame them, she could be one of the top chefs in South Korea. I stayed in the room with her because i missed her a lot and to me, she was much more precious than food.

Oh god, i'm getting more cheesier aren't i?

Well, food used to be my first priority alongside with sleep, but i like this girl so much she drives me insane. And me liking a girl, doesn't come around so often.

"So, how was Canada?" i asked.

I saw the hesitation in her. And it made me even more curious to know what happened there. She avoided my eyes and played with the hem of her shirt. Her shoulders lifted lazily for a brief moment. "It was okay.. There's nothing fun about going back when the head of your family is gone.." she said and i understood her. I felt bad for bringing it up. But from the looks of it, that didn't seem like everything she had to say.

She glance at me and bit her lips as if she wanted to tell me something but couldn't seem to get it out of her lips. "Is there something you want to tell me?" I asked and i saw her body tensed up.

I placed my hands on her shoulders and squeezed them gently, "It's okay.. You can tell me.."

She was still reluctant but gave in eventually.

"Jongin, i-" she started but when the door burst open and her other admirers came in to interrupt her words, she stopped immediately.

Now. i was really eager to find out.

Author's POV

Hyejung stood at the entrance as she bid the guys good bye one by one although they just live next door. As usual, the trio would give her a hug before leaving but being the last person, Jongin took a little longer.

"Before i go, i want to ask you something." he told her and his face was as serious as an officer interrogating an offender.

"Okay... What is it?" she asked as she tugged her hair behind her ears and folded her arms against her chest.

"Are you free on Friday night?" he asked nervously. His heart was beating rapidly and his mouth became dry when he released the question.

Hyejung tilted her head a little. "Yeahh.. I guess i am... Why do you ask?"

"Great!" Jongin clasped his hands, startling the girl at this sudden excitement. "We're going on a date!" he ended with a cheeky grin.

She felt her body warming up and her heart was thumping so loud that she was afraid it might explode. "A d-date?" she blinked her eyes continuously for 5 seconds.

"Yes, a date. And i don't take no for an answer." he smirked. He stepped forward that their bodies were just an inch apart and cupped her chin.

"You don't have to wear anything fancy because you're already beautiful the way you are." He mentally cringed at his own cheesiness and leaned in to peck her on the cheeks. 

Hyejung stiffened at the impulsive gesture. That was her 2nd kiss on the cheeks from him and his lips felt even softer than the first that it was hard to believe that he kissed her.

"I'll see you on Friday." he winked and left, leaving her in a daze.

 


I managed to find the time to update one chapter! I hope you enjoy! Take care~ xoxo, pizzalove