Five

Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmIkFOezxRU


Hoseok held Taehyung tightly, pressing the crying boy's head against his chest, rocking both of them back and forth to try to calm the younger down.

"It's okay," he murmered into Taehyung's ear. "Hyung's got you. Hyung's here."

Taehyung reached up his arms and gripped the back of Hoseok's shirt tightly, so that his torso was pressed fully against Hoseok's.

Hoseok could feel how skinny the boy was.

"Shh, Taehyung." Hoseok kept swaying, and after a while, Taehyung calmed down, his sobs turning into sniffles. Taehyung's hands dropped limply to his sides, as he rested his head on Hoseok's shoulder. Gently, Hoseok lifted Taehyung up and lied him down on the bed, head on his pillow, and stretched out next to him. He pulled the blankets over both of them, and stared at Taehyung, who stared back with an unreadable expression.

"Let's just stay here for a little bit, huh?" Hoseok smiled softly.

A few more tears dropped from Taehyung's eyes. Hoseok reached out and wiped them away with his thumb, shifting a little closer as he did so. The action caused Taehyung to start crying harder again, and Hoseok pulled Taehyung close, putting his arm around Taehyung's side and pressing against the back of his head until he stopped.

"How long have you wanted to cry, Taehyung?" Hoseok asked quietly.

"A long time," Taehyung responded, his words muffled by Hoseok's shirt.

The two stayed like that for a while, Hoseok feeling Taehyung relax as he was comforted by Hoseok's warmth. Finally, Taehyung moved back a little so that he could look up at Hoseok's face.

"Hyung," he said simply, and Hoseok understood exactly what he was trying to say, what he couldn't put into words.

After all, he'd felt the same way before.

Hoseok smiled at Taehyung and brushed the younger boy's bangs out of his eyes. "I'm here for you."

"I know, hyung. Thank you."

Both of them lied side by side in silence, Hoseok holding Taehyung, for a long time.

Of course, Hoseok ended up complaining that he was hungry, and got up to make some rice.

Hoseok fed Taehyung.

Taehyung ate it all.


"Hoseok, Namjoon just texted me asking if we can record tomorrow."

Hoseok glanced up from his homework at Yoongi, who was sitting at his desk, looking at his phone. "I'm busy tomorrow."

"All right. Mind if I go myself?"

"Nope."

The two fell into silence, each focusing on their work. When Hoseok finally finished everything, he sighed in relief and spread his arms and legs on Yoongi's bed, not caring when his textbook fell onto the floor from the edge of the bed.

"Done?"

"Yes. Thank god."

Yoongi hummed and replied, "I'm almost done."

Again, the room fell silent as Yoongi worked.

Suddenly, Hoseok remembered his and Yoongi's conversation from Christmas night, and rolled off of the bed, standing up and walking to the closet. He opened it and rummaged around the top shelf, letting out a noise of satisfaction as he found a small box. He pocketed it, and then rummaged farther into the shelf, looking for his old choreography journals, but couldn't find them.

"Hyung."

"Hmm?"

"Did you put my choreography journals somewhere else?"

"I think I moved them to the bottom shelf. Along with your other hairbrush, which I found yesterday."

"Thanks hyung!" Hoseok said as he successfully found everything he was looking for.

"You know, if you're going to move out, you should take everything with you," Yoongi commented, shooting Hoseok a glare.

"But hyung, if the dorms are so close, there's no point! I still spend a lot of time here anyways."

"No."

"So rude, hyung," Hoseok muttered, and then gave Yoongi a sheepish smile as his hyung gave him another glare.

As Hoseok stuffed the books, necklace, and hairbrush into his backpack, Yoongi stood up from his chair and stretched, letting out a groan. He then proceeded to walk to his bed, and collapsed onto it, facedown. This, of course, caused Hoseok to grin toothily and jump onto the bed, lying down on top of Yoongi.

"Get off of me before I hurt you."

Hoseok simply laughed, and Yoongi rolled his eyes.

"Oh, hyung." Hoseok rolled off of Yoongi and sat cross legged next to him. "I forgot to tell you earlier. You know the guy?"

"The guy you were bawling about?"

"Well . . . yes."

"What about him?"

"He finally told me everything. His life is messed up."

"What a shock."

"Hyung," Hoseok whined. "Be happy that he trusts me!"

"I'm happy that he trusts you."

"You're tired, aren't you, hyung?"

"How did you ever figure that out?"

Hoseok giggled and poked Yoongi's arm. "You're cute."

"Ugh." Yoongi reached up and pulled Hoseok down so that they were lying next to each other. The older boy wrapped his arm around Hoseok's waist and threw one of his legs over Hoseok's, effectively trapping him. "Shut up."

"Are we taking a nap?"

"Shut up."

"I'm taking that as a yes."

Silence.

"You , hyung."

"Shut up and sleep, Hoseok."

 

 

Hoseok woke up to find Yoongi gazing at him. When he noticed that Hoseok was awake, he leaned forward and kissed Hoseok softly, and Hoseok kissed back, secretly happy about being woken up this way.

"Watching people while they're sleeping is creepy."

Yoongi rolled his eyes (Hoseok wondered how he didn't get dizzy from doing it so much) and reached out his hand to play with Hoseok's hair. "Sorry for earlier."

"It's fine, hyung. I'm used to it." Hoseok winked, and Yoongi flicked his forehead lightly.

"So, tell me everything."

Hoseok sighed, and thought for a minute before he said anything. "I was right about the parent problems. But it's not like fighting with his parents or anything. It's more like they've esentially disowned him. With some yelling at him mixed in. Plus his brother is a jerk."

"What did his brother do?" Yoongi moved so that he was lying on top of Hoseok, staring down at him.

"His brother knew he had problems, but instead of helping him, he told him that their parents would be disappointed."

Yoongi frowned.

"And he and his brother were really close, so it hurt him more." Hoseok sighed again.

"Has he told anyone else?"

"No."

Yoongi stayed quiet for a moment. "Hoseok, how are you doing?"

"I'm fine, hyung."

Another pause. "I know you care for him, but taking on his problems and adding them to yours might end up hurting both you and him."

"I know. I've thought about that already. But you know what makes me feel better, hyung?"

"What?"

"I know I have you." Hoseok smiled up and Yoongi and pulled him down for a kiss, this one long and sweet. After Yoongi pulled back, Hoseok continued, "If I ever have trouble, I'll come straight to you. Like I always do."

"I get worried with you gone, Hobi. It's still weird not having you around sometimes."

"It's weird not being here sometimes, hyung. But it's okay. I have to learn how to deal with everything on my own, too. I'm really glad I still have you, though."

"You'll always have me and I'll always have you."

Hoseok scoffed. "Hyung, when did you get so cheesy?"

"I've been spending too much time around you, idiot."

"There's no such thing as spending too much time with me," Hoseok said, causing Yoongi to roll his eyes (again).

After some time where both of them just stared at each other, Yoongi leaned down, capturing Hoseok's lips, and the two of them kissed for a while, peacefully, without a care for anything else. The moment felt as if it lasted forever, and for that time, Hoseok felt as if he didn't have to worry about anything. As if he wasn't scared for Taehyung, overwhelmed by the urge to stop eating, exhausted from all of his dancing.

Hoseok felt free.

But in the end he still had to untangle his hands from Yoongi's hair, and Yoongi had to get off of him, and he had to pick up his bag and walk out the door, giving Yoongi a last kiss, and trudge back to the dorm, and wait for Taehyung to get back from dance practice with Jimin.

 

 

When Taehyung came back that day, instead of starting to work right away as he usually did, he climbed onto Hoseok's bed, where the older boy was resting, and hugged him tightly, pleasantly surprising Hoseok, even though it was very unexpected.

"To what do I owe this pleasure?" Hoseok raised his eyebrows and gave Taehyung a strange look.

"I want rice."

Hoseok raised his eyebrows further.

"Hyung, I'm hungry, and I don't know how to use a rice cooker."

"It's a rice cooker. You literally just have to-" Hoseok cut himself off and sighed. "I guess I shouldn't be complaining, right?"

Taehyung grinned a devilish grin. "Am I annoying you, hyung?"

"No." Hoseok pushed Taehyung off of himself, sitting up and looking him in the eyes. "You're eating."

A small flash of surprise crossed Taehyung's face, before he smiled bitterly. "How do you manage to figure me out so easily?"

"Experience."

"Huh?"

"Nothing. Get up, I'm going to teach you how to make rice."


Not a long chapter at all. It's like a third of my normal length. I just really wanted to update. I've been so insanely busy and I'm like dying. TT

And I will also be just as busy for the next few weeks so I wanted to update now so that it won't be like two months before an update. Future updates might be shorter as well.

But yeah, here it is.

What do you guys think is gonna happen next? What's the real Taehyung gonna be like? :O

Also I added in a little nugget about Hoseok and Yoongi's past. ;)

Until next time~

<3 ^~^