Fifteen

Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNaC4b_MD_k


This is not edited at all and there are probably so many mistakes and I'm dying from work and this is all I'm saying there's gonna be no A/N at the end I'M DYING.

ALSO BECAUSE BTS COMEBACK AND JUNG HOSEOK HAS SLAYED MY LIFE AND I'M SURE ALL YOUR BIASES KILLED YOU TOO BECAUSE THEY ALL LOOKED FINE.

Edit: Jk I'm adding an A/N because I found some time (as in I'm procrastinating on other stuff), plus I had to make edits to this chapter because wow. It really .


"Jin hyung told me that they just sent out the acceptance letters."

"So it's going to be confirmed. Soon."

"Yeah. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Hoseok hyung. I told you, I'll get better. And if I need your help, I'll ask."

"I know."

Taehyung grabbed Hoseok's hand. "I'm not asking you to leave though."

Hoseok tightened his grip slightly.


"Yoongi hyung! Taehyung and I are going out to pick up dinner for tonight. You want to come?"

Yoongi glanced up from his computer at Hoseok, face unreadable. "Just the two of you?"

"Yup." Hoseok smiled brightly.

"I . . ." Conflicted, Yoongi didn't meet Hoseok's eyes, before sighing and looking back down. "You guys go. I'll see you at dinner."

"Sure?"

"Yeah."

"Okay hyung!" Letting out a small giggle, Hoseok walked out of Yoongi's apartment. His smile disappeared as soon as he shut the door. He knew something was wrong. It was obvious, but Yoongi wouldn't tell him. Hoseok kept walking until he found Taehyung waiting for him at the bottom of the stairs of the building.

"Hyung, is something wrong?" Taehyung's eyebrows furrowed as he peered closely at Hoseok's face.

Hoseok grinned. "Nope! Why would there be? Now let's go."

They linked hands naturally as they walked off.

 

 

"Guys, I have something to tell you."

The six of them were sitting around in Jin and Namjoon's living room, boxes of takeout scattered around them. Hoseok was on the couch between Taehyung and Jimin, and Jin was sitting on a chair next to the table, while Yoongi and Namjoon sat on the floor.

"About what, Tae?" Jin asked, stretching his arms lazily.

"My younger brother."

Hoseok choked on air and Yoongi's entire body spasmed for a split second. "W-What?" Hoseok spluttered.

Taehyung gave him an almost disdainful look, and Hoseok could only gape back, stunned. "You heard me. Anyways, yeah, I wanted to tell you about my younger brother."

"I didn't know you had a younger brother," Jimin commented softly, glancing between Taehyung, Hoseok, and Yoongi's faces, obviously sensing that something was off.

"Yeah, I don't like talking about him much. But he'll be coming to this college next year. He's some sort of prodigy at, like, everything. He's probably going to double major in vocal technique and dance though. He's only a junior in high school right now, but he's graduating early because he meets all the requirements and I guess he wants to get to college as fast as possible."

"What's his name?" Jimin titled his head curiously.

"Jungkook. Kim Jungkook."

Jin was the one to choke on air this time. "Kim Jungkook is your brother?!"

Taehyung raised an eyebrow. "Is it that hard to believe? Didn't you see his face in the dance videos he would've had to send in for his application?"

"Oh my god, you're right, I can actually see the resemblance now."

"Wait, wait, how do you know Kim Jungkook?" Namjoon piped up. "Is it because you're working in admissions?"

"Mmhmm. His application stood out to everyone."

"Taehyung," Jimin said, softly again. "Why haven't you mentioned him before?"

"Ah. That's what else I wanted to tell you. We don't have the best relationship. I'm kinda the black sheep of my family, although technically there's no reason for me to be. Either way, my parents love Jungkook and my hyungs way more than they love me. And they're not afraid of showing it. Over the years, they've managed to convince Jungkook that he's actually superior to me. You can imagine what our relationship is like now, right?"

"But your relationship with Baekhyun and Daehyun seems fine?" Jin said his statement like a question.

"They don't know about the whole parent bias thing. Jungkook does."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Yoongi hyung, Hoseok, did you know about this already?" Namjoon sat up a little straighter.

"Yeah, we did," Yoongi murmered. "He told us a few months ago actually. Hoseok first, and then me."

"You didn't trust us?" Jimin whispered, staring at his hands, his eyes not-too-subtly starting to glisten at the thought of his best friend not wanting to tell him his secrets.

"Of course I trust all of you, and especially you, Jimin," Taehyung replied, facial features twisted in distress. "I just . . . I couldn't . . ."

Hoseok decided to explain. "Taehyung didn't tell me about this until I confronted him directly. And the only reason I noticed was because I spend so much time with him in our room." Lies. But the others didn't need to know the real reason that he had noticed. "Then Yoongi started spending more time in our room, too, so eventually he figured out that something was wrong too and Taehyung was forced to tell him."

Yoongi's bangs were almost completely covering his eyes, but Hoseok could tell that he was giving Hoseok a heated glare, and Hoseok couldn't figure out why.

"I wouldn't have told any of you guys anything if that hadn't happened," Taehyung said quietly. "But I'm much healthier now, and I'm aware of the positive influences that all of you have been on my mental state, which is why I'm perfectly willing to tell you guys about this now."

Jin sighed. "I can't say I'm not a little bit hurt that you didn't tell the rest of us right away, but I get it, and I'm glad you're doing better now."

Taehyung giggled and let out his box-shaped smile as Namjoon and Jimin agreed with Jin. Hoseok, finding it extremely adorable, wrapped his arms around Taehyung and pulled him into his side, nuzzling his cheek into Taehyung's hair.

Yoongi abruptly stood. "I have to go now. Bye guys." Without another word or looking back, he walked out of the apartment, closing the door behind him.

Everyone was left slightly speechless, staring at the door, until Hoseok took his arm out from around Taehyung and stood as well. "I'll go check on him. I'll be back in a couple minutes."

Jin nodded, his eyebrows furrowed in worry. "Tell us if something is wrong, okay Hoseok?"

"Of course." Hoseok left the apartment and walked quickly to the stairwell, rushing down as fast as possible and finally catching up to Yoongi just as he was about to leave the building. "Hyung!" Hoseok exclaimed as he grabbed Yoongi's shoulder with his hand. "Hyung, what happened?"

Yoongi turned around slowly, and Hoseok found himself staring at that expressionless face that had been appearing all too often lately. "I need to finish up an essay that I completely forgot was due. Sorry, I'm not really in my right mind right now since I'm really worried about it. I'll go now." As Yoongi made to leave again, Hoseok gripped his wrist, causing Yoongi to stop and look back again. "Yes?"

"Hyung, do you want me to come over around eight thirty? I'll spend the night." Hoseok gave Yoongi a small smile.

Opening his mouth, Yoongi was about to reply, before he caught himself and snapped his jaws shut. He took a quick breath through his nose and glanced up at Hoseok's sincere gaze, cursing himself for being soft. "Sure."

"Awesome!" Hoseok grinned and left, running back up the stairs to Jin and Namjoon's apartment to tell them that Yoongi just had an essay to work on.

But he knew it was more than that, and he was determined to find out what it was.

 

 

"Hey, I'm gonna spend the night at Yoongi hyung's apartment. You okay with that?"

"Sure, hyung. Have fun."

Hoseok came up behind Taehyung, who was working at his desk, and hugged him from behind, burying his face in Taehyung's neck. "Don't miss me too much." His words came out muffled.

Taehyung laughed softly and slid his arms out of Hoseok's hold, reaching up and hooking his arms around Hoseok's head, then turned his own head and pressed his nose against Hoseok's cheek. "You don't have to worry about me."

"I will anyways." Standing up a little straighter, Hoseok ghosted his lips gently over Taehyung's temple and shouldered his backpack. "See you tomorrow."

"Bye, hyung," Taehyung said. He couldn't keep the smile off of his face.

And neither could Hoseok as he walked out.

 

 

"Did you finish your essay?" Hoseok asked as he and Yoongi curled up together under a blanket on his couch.

"Yeah."

"Hyung, are you okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"I . . . don't know . . ."

"Then I'm perfectly fine." Yoongi gave Hoseok a crooked smile. "I don't have anything to worry about, Hobi."

Hoseok took a deep breath. "If something was wrong, you would tell me, right? Because we tell each other everything."

"Of course. I tell you everything. You're the closest friend I've ever had." Yoongi turned Hoseok's face toward his by his chin, and leaned in to kiss him softly.

"I know," Hoseok responded carefully, and slowly kissed back until Yoongi pulled away.

"I would never want to lose you."

 

 

Thousands of kisses and whispered words and subtle touches and hidden messages and removed shirts and pairs of swollen lips and hurried gasps later, the two of them held each other tightly under the covers of Yoongi's bed, legs tangled and breaths mingling, letting sleep overtake them until they had to face the next day.

Hoseok idly wondered how Taehyung was doing without him.

 

 

"Hobi, I'm going to shower, okay?" Yoongi whispered in Hoseok's ear.

Hoseok hummed in acknowledgment and blinked his eyes open slowly as Yoongi left the room. He yawned and swung his feet over the side of the bed, standing on wobbly feet. Yawning again, he stretched his arms upward, then absentmindedly rubbed the white marks on his stomach. When he heard the shower turn on, he was broken out of his thoughts, and went in search of the extra pair of clothes that he always kept at Yoongi's apartment for nights like these. He opened Yoongi's closet, and rolled his eyes as he realized that Yoongi had put his bag on the top shelf again, most likely just to annoy him. Well, it was working. He struggled to reach it, only being able to when he stood on his toes and just managed to grab the string of the bag. In the process, he knocked over a lot of things from one of the lower shelves, but he decided he would come back to it. Hoseok changed quickly and slipped his phone into his pocket, then knelt next to the mess he had made, only to freeze as something caught his eye.

He reached down and grabbed the pack of cigarettes.

Yoongi had cigarettes.

Why did Yoongi have cigarettes.

This couldn't be happening.

He'd known something was off, but this off? Yoongi hadn't smoked for over a year, and yet he suddenly decided to buy a pack? Something extremely serious must have been going on. 

Hands shaking, Hoseok gripped the pack tightly and sat on the bed, staring down at the object in his hand as if it were poison.

Oh wait, it was.

The shower turned off, and a few minutes later, Yoongi appeared in the doorway, dressed in sweatpants and a T-shirt, drying his hair casually. He smiled at Hoseok. "Hey. Are you leaving soon?"

Then Hoseok held up the pack of cigarettes, and Yoongi's face closed off, his posture became too tense, he gripped the towel too hard.

"Yoongi hyung. What is this?" Hoseok couldn't stop his voice from trembling, from choking up so badly that he could barely speak.

"Cigarettes."

"Why . . . hyung . . . why do you have them?"

"Because I wanted to. Do you have a problem with that?"

And Hoseok found himself frustrated by Yoongi's face that didn't give him a clue as to how he felt, and his condescending tone of voice, and how something was extremely wrong but he didn't know what it was, and therefore didn't know how to help. "I do have a problem with it. You quit more than a full year ago."

"Couldn't I start again?"

"No. No, hyung, you can't."

"Why?"

"Because it's bad for you, that's why!"

"Why do you care if it's bad for me?"

Hoseok couldn't stop a sharp intake of breath. "What do you mean?" He couldn't be hearing what he was hearing. This couldn't be Yoongi.

"Why do you care so much? Your life would be a lot easier if you just left me alone to deal with my problems myself, you know."

He need to recollect himself. Yoongi wasn't in his right mind, these could not be the words coming out of his mouth. "Hyung, why . . . why are you trying so hard to distance yourself from me?!"

Yoongi's expression finally cracked a little, and Hoseok caught a glimpse of his anguish, his anger, his frustration. He stalked toward Hoseok, and shoved him so that he stumbled a few steps backward. "You want to know why?!" he yelled. "Because we made a promise that when one of us started having feelings for someone else, we would stop this! That we would stop what were doing when we had no one else but ourselves! But that's not true anymore!"

"W-What are you talking about, it's still just -"

"No, Hoseok, it's not. It is not."

"Do you like someone or -"

"Hoseok, are you stupid?!" Yoongi shouted. "Are you really this stupid?! Do you not understand what you're doing to me?! Doing to him?!"

"Who is . . ." And Hoseok was reminded of a square-shaped smile and a long walk on a chilly night and feelings that he'd never felt before. "Oh my god, is this about Taehyung?"

"Oh, do you finally understand now?!"

But Hoseok was too caught up in his own thoughts. "This is why . . . Is this why . . . Is this why you've been refusing to come anywhere with us?!"

Silence.

"Are you jealous?! Oh my god, are you jealous?!"

"Of course I'm jealous!" Yoongi screamed, pushing Hoseok back again so hard that he needed to hold onto the bed frame to keep himself from falling down. "How can I stand losing my closest friend?! How can I stand losing you?!"

Hoseok moved forward and shoved Yoongi this time. "You're not going to lose me! That is never going to happen as long as either of us is alive! How could you even think that?!"

"Tell that to Kim Taehyung when you're his face off in your dorm room, okay?" With that last statement, Yoongi turned and stormed out of the room, and a few seconds later, the front door slammed.

Hoseok collapsed onto the floor, still clutching the cigarettes in his hand. He wouldn't cry. He would not cry.

He had to do something. He had to do something to help Yoongi because oh god, did Yoongi need help. 

 

 

Half an hour later, Hoseok found himself sitting on the bench in the park's clearing. He couldn't go to class, not now.

He pulled out his phone and searched up the only contact that he could think of, and pressed call. A few rings, later, the person on the other end finally picked up.

"Hello?"

"Chansung hyung. It's Jung Hoseok."

"Oh, hey. How are you?"

"I-I'm okay . . ." Hoseok's throat started to close up, and he struggled to get the words out of his mouth.

"Is everything okay? Why'd you call? Where's Yoongi? You're always together when you call."

"A-About that . . . Yoongi's . . . he . . ."

"Hoseok, what's wrong? Are you crying?" Hoseok heard Chansung shift around on the other end, and his voice suddenly became more tense.

"Hyung, you didn't give Yoongi hyung cigarettes, did you? You haven't met up in a while right?"

"What? No, why would I do that? And yeah, we haven't seen each other in almost a month. Wait. Don't tell me -"

"I found a pack in his apartment."

"What?!"

"He didn't tell me about it, and when I found it, he left. He's really angry."

"Oh my god."

"You really didn't know, hyung?"

"No! Do you know why he's so upset?!"

"He thinks he's losing me."

"Why?!"

"I might . . . have feelings for someone else that Yoongi is also close to? And he thinks that if we start dating, we won't be as close anymore. I didn't . . . I didn't know that this would affect him so much. I didn't even realize . . . I didn't even realize that I had feelings for this guy until Yoongi basically told me."

Chansung cursed softly. "He's too insecure for his own good. Was the pack opened?"

"No."

"Okay. If it wasn't opened, then we can worry a little less."

"Yeah. Hyung, I'm really scared."

"So am I, Hoseok." There was yelling from the other end, and Chansung cursed again. "I have to go. Talk to him, okay?"

"I will. Thanks, hyung."

"Call me when you find out more. I don't want to talk to him about this, because it's between you two."

"Okay. Hyung, will we be okay? Me and Yoongi hyung?"

"You will be. Bye, Hoseok."

After Chansung hung up the phone, Hoseok was left staring into space on the bench, forearms resting on his knees.

He laughed softly.

How had they ended up in this situation?


So I'm alive. Just barely. Currently in the process of dying. This is a y chapter (which you already know, if you've read through it).

Why am I doing this barely any of you read the A/Ns anyways.

Oh right I'm insecure and crave validation and ALSO I NEED A PLACE TO RANT BECAUSE AHHH.

There's this TEACHER that could STOP giving tests EVERY WEEK.

AND BTS NEEDS TO UNDERSTAND THAT THEY SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO COME BACK WHEN I HAVE SO MUCH WORK. LIKE EXCUSE ME WHO DO THEY THINK THEY ARE, HUH?! WORLD-FAMOUS KPOP IDOLS?! HUH?!

Although I can't complain too much because the album is perfect to listen to while doing work. I still can't pick a favorite song lol.

Enough about me.

 

WHAT ABOUT THIS STORY?

WHY ARE HOSEOK AND CHANSUNG TALKING SO CASUALLY, HUH?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

And oh no so much DRAMA.

 

193 subbies I love you all. Sometimes I feel like y'all need to take a step back and wonder . . . why am I subscribed to this idiot. BUT IT'S OKAY STAY WITH ME I NEED U (pun obviously intended).

So now I've gotta Run away and do work and burn in Fire and then drown in Blood, Sweat, and Tears.

Stop me.

 

Until the next time~

<3 ^~^