Twelve

Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uSkhlKNKSY


They'd all ended up on Hoseok's bed, since Taehyung had shifted over in the middle of the story. Taehyung had his knees drawn to his chest, chin resting on them. Yoongi was sitting cross legged with his elbows on his thighs, and Hoseok was leaning against the wall with his legs stretched out.

The silence was suffocating, and all three of them could tell what the others were feeling from just a glance.

Taehyung was being consumed by guilt about what he'd said earlier, and was blinking back tears that he was trying to avoid letting the other two see. Obviously, he wasn't succeeding.

Yoongi was drowning in his thoughts, almost unaware of the presences of Taehyung and Hoseok near him.

Hoseok's jaw was clenched, and his posture was tense, displaying his anger that had yet to fade. His tears were long gone.

Finally, Taehyung wiped his eyes, taking a deep breath. He opened his mouth, but before he could say anything, Yoongi cut him off.

"Don't apologize. Please. You didn't do anything wrong. We were keeping important things from you."

Taehyung snapped his mouth shut and nodded.

Hoseok sighed and leaned his head farther back until it was touching the wall, closing his eyes. He could feel the burning gaze that Yoongi was giving him without looking at him.

"Anything you want to say, Hoseok? Anything you want to add on to this lovely conversation about all of the wonderful things that have happened in my life?" Yoongi added in a snarky tone, insinuating things that Hoseok would rather not talk about.

"Shut up."

"Really? Nothing? Nothing that would -"

"Shut up!" Hoseok shouted, opening his eyes and sitting up, glaring at Yoongi. "Just because you're feeling bitter about all of the stupid things you've done doesn't mean you get to take it out on me and make me feel horrible about myself!"

Yoongi held eye contact with Hoseok and chuckled sarcastically. "Maybe you should think about why you're feeling so horrible about yourself, especially since Tae is here."

"Would you leave him out of this?" Hoseok spared a quick glance at Taehyung, who eyes were wide and scared as he watched them.

"He has everything to do with this, as I'm sure you've realized!" Yoongi raised his voice as well. "Why am I sitting here baring my entire soul to him, and why did he do the same with me, when you're sitting there saying nothing?!"

"I didn't ask you to!"

"I was obligated to! You're obligated, too!"

"Stop fighting!" Both Hoseok and Yoongi turned their hands to look at Taehyung. "I'm assuming there's more being hidden from me?"

Yoongi nodded and Hoseok looked away.

Taehyung huffed. "I don't like it, but I'll deal with it as long as you promise to tell me eventually."

Hoseok stayed silent, but his head snapped upward as Yoongi murmured assent. "What?"

"At some point, it really won't matter if you don't want to tell him. I will, and there's no way you can stop me."

"What gives you the right to decide what people know about me?!"

"What gives you the right to hide things from your closest friends?"

Hoseok growled and was about to grab Yoongi before he was stopped by Taehyung's arm, which the younger had placed in front of him. "Both of you need to shut up. Yoongi hyung, maybe you should leave." At this point, even Taehyung was started to get visibly angry.

Yoongi stared at Hoseok for a good while before nodding slowly. "I was planning to anyways." He stood and stalked out of the room, slamming the door loudly behind him.

"You're an idiot." Taehyung finally removed his arm from its position.

"He started it."

Taehyung scoffed. "How childish. Why were both of you getting so angry in the first place?"

"It's a very touchy subject."

"But why?"

Hoseok sighed and thought carefully before he answered. "He hates remembering what happened when people didn't know. It's a protection thing, I guess. And I hate bringing it up because it forces me to relive things. And I hate looking weak."

There was another tense silence until finally Taehyung sighed and wiped his hand over his face. "I can't believe Yoongi hyung had to go through all of that."

"Yeah. I mean, I wasn't that surprised when he told me, considering that I'd keep noticing him go off somewhere. But I didn't realize how serious it would be."

"Is he okay now?"

"Pretty much. He's over all his addictions, at least. I haven't caught him smoking in a while, and if he ever has the urge to, he just comes to me."

Taehyung laughed softly. "It amazes me when you say stuff like that."

Confused, Hoseok furrowed his eyebrows and looked at Taehyung curiously. "What do you mean?"

"You and hyung are just so close that you can say with complete confidence that you'll be there for each other. Even when you fight, it's because you care about each other so much."

"Like just now."

"Pretty much."

Hoseok swung his legs over the side of his bed and stood, wincing as he heard one of his joints crack. "I'm going to go now."

"Where?"

"Dancing. I need to blow off some steam."

"Okay. Call me if you need anything. I might go out with Jimin and Hyuk later."

"What about Sungjae?" Hoseok grabbed his phone from his desk and slipped it into his pocket.

"He apparently procrastinated on this huge paper, so he's doing it all today."

"Well, have fun." Hoseok started walking out of the room, hearing Taehyung call out "You too" behind him. Once the door closed, he turned to get to the practice rooms, but stopped abruptly when he found Yoongi leaning against the wall a few feet away, staring at him with an unreadable expression. Raising his eyebrow, Hoseok spread his arms, holding them out, and stood still. With a small half smile, Yoongi strode forward and hugged Hoseok, resting his chin on Hoseok's shoulder. After a couple of seconds, Hoseok pulled back and wrapped his arm around Yoongi's shoulders, and the two of them walked down to the practice rooms like that.

All without a word.

 

 

Two hours later, when Hoseok had danced himself out and Yoongi had written two pages of lyrics, Hoseok collapsed next to Yoongi against the wall, resting his head on Yoongi's shoulder.

Scrunching his face in disgust, Yoongi pushed Hoseok gently. "You're sweaty."

"It just makes me ier."

Yoongi rolled his eyes. "Why did I see that coming?"

That question struck a chord within Hoseok, and he straightened up. "Yoongi hyung," he said softly.

Noticing the change in his tone of voice, Yoongi shot a quick glace toward Hoseok. "Hm?"

"Taehyung said something earlier after you left. About us."

"Has he joined the throng of people that think we're dating?"

Hoseok shook his head. "No. He said that he finds the closeness of our relationship amazing. That we're able to go to each other so easily and understand each other so well."

Yoongi stayed silent, but reached out his hand to grab Hoseok's loosely.

"Hyung, I just wanted to tell you that I don't take you for granted. I don't take what we have for granted."

"I've never been worried about that, Hobi," Yoongi replied gently. "I know how hard it was for you to allow yourself to open up to me. And for the record, I don't take that fact for granted, either. I get so scared sometimes. I wonder if you're hiding things from me. If you're upset and crying and aren't coming to me, or if people are being mean to you and you're just sitting there taking it, or you're . . . doing . . . other things . . ." Yoongi took a deep breath and continued. "But then I realize that you'll definitely come to me if things get too serious, because I would do the exact same with you."

"And I'd be there."

"You would." Yoongi smiled. "You know what another level of comfort has been lately?"

"What?"

"Kim Taehyung. He's there in your room with you at night, and if anything happens, he can tell me about it."

"You mean call you screaming and crying, not knowing what to do?" Hoseok asked sarcastically, then let a smile spread over his face. "He cares about me, doesn't he? And you. A lot."

Yoongi laughed. "About as much as you care for him, and how much I care for him. You know you'll have to tell him everything, right? It'll come out at some point."

"Yeah."

"You can trust him. I know I do."

"I do trust him. I just don't trust myself," Hoseok murmured.

Yoongi scoffed. "You're so stupid, I swear."

Hoseok held Yoongi's hand a little tighter.

"I wanted to ask. Have you changed in front of him?"

"Only once, when he wasn't really looking," Hoseok answered.

Yoongi removed his hand from Hoseok's, and pulled up Hoseok's shirt slightly, running his fingers gently along Hoseok's stomach. Hoseok flinched, but forced himself to stay in place, biting his lip. "Is the door locked?"

Hoseok nodded. Slowly, Yoongi curled his fingers under the bottom of Hoseok's shirt and tugged it upward, dropping it next to them. When Yoongi looked up at Hoseok, he found that the younger boy was staring at the ground, head turned away. Sighing almost silently, Yoongi rubbed his thumb along Hoseok's ribs, feeling him tense up. "You've gained weight," Yoongi commented.

"Yeah." Hoseok's voice choked up.

Sighing again, Yoongi used his other hand to turn Hoseok's face toward his, holding eye contact with him. "Hi, Hobi."

"H-Hi, hyung."

They both knew what would happen, and when Yoongi reached forward to kiss Hoseok, all of the tension diffused, and Hoseok melted into him.

Everything would be okay.

Yoongi was here.

"Hobi," Yoongi breathed. "I am never, ever, ever going to take you for granted, okay? I promise."

"You don't have to promise. I know you won't."

They hugged tightly, swaying back and forth gently. Yoongi's hair tickled Hoseok's ear slightly, and Hoseok buried his head into Yoongi's neck.

"I love you, hyung."

"I love you too, Hobi."

Hoseok found himself wondering what Taehyung would think about this situation, and if Taehyung would be able to understand him at same level that Yoongi did, would be able to comfort him in the same way, would be able to take all his worries away with just a hug and grin.

He probably would.

Hoseok smiled as he realized that he himself was already doing that for Taehyung.


I honestly don't know how I made it through writing this without like spontaneously combusting or something. SO MUCH CUTE WHY CAN'T I HAVE A RELATIONSHIP LIKE THIS. I'M JEALOUS OF MY OWN CHARACTERS LIKE FOR REAL.

Excuse the short length, this is the best I can do at this moment in time.

 

Wish me luck on all my exams please. I really need it. TT

 

167 subscribers!!!!!!!! And all you commenters are so freaking sweet and adorable. :D

 

Until the next time~

<3 ^~^