Seven

Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sZuvsONoNA


"Stay still."

"I can't stay still when you're pulling my leg so hard that I feel like you're going to rip my foot off!"

"Shut up."

"Noona!"

"Shut up and stay still."

Hoseok groaned as Sojin, the school nurse, wound the bandage tighter around his ankle, nearly cutting off his blood circulation.

"You're supposed to make me feel better, not worse!"

Giving Hoseok an exasperated look, Sojin finished wrapping the bandage and tied it off neatly. "You'll feel better in a couple days since this will keep the ankle from moving."

"A couple days? So it's not bad, right?"

"All you did was twist it badly. The worst you can have is a mild sprain."

"Oh, good. I might die if I couldn't dance."

Sojin smiled softly and sat next to Hoseok on the small bed, ruffling his hair. "I know." They sat together in a silence for a little while, Hoseok staring at the floor and Sojin rubbing Hoseok's back. "How are you, Seokkie?"

"I'm doing well these days. I have people that care about me. A lot." Hoseok's lips curved upward as he stared at his hands, which were resting in his lap.

"Yoongi?"

"Among others."

"How is Yoongi doing?"

A sudden rush of anger overcame Hoseok, and he clenched his fists tightly, digging his fingers into his palms to keep from punching something. "He's fine. Ever since . . . you know."

"Yah." Sojin uncurled Hoseok's hands gently and held them in her own. "It's over. Don't get so upset."

"I just . . . I hate it, noona. I hate it."

"He's fine now."

"I know." Hoseok blinked hard.

"Have you had any panic attacks recently?"

Hoseok sighed, answering Sojin's question without words. There were a few more minutes of silence, where Sojin squeezed Hoseok's hands gently, before a knock sounded on the door.

"Who is it?"

"Are you two having a deep conversation about life?"

Sojin scoffed. "Come in, brat."

Yoongi opened the door and walked in, smirking slightly. He closed the door and leaned against it, crossing his arms. "I heard Hoseok did something dumb. But that's nothing new."

Hoseok narrowed his eyes at Yoongi, choosing to ignore his second comment and instead reply, "Who told you?"

"Jongin told Kyungsoo who told Baekhyun who told Daehyun who told Taehyung who told me."

Sojin laughed softly. "And you decided to see if he was okay?"

"Nope. It was an excuse to visit you, noona."

Sojin laughed again, and Hoseok gave Yoongi an exasperated glare. "Get out, hyung."

"I'd rather not. I haven't visited noona in a while." Yoongi crossed the room and sat down on the bed across from the one Hoseok and Sojin were sitting on. "How are you, noona?"

"I've been good. And Hoseok says you two have been good?"

Yoongi nodded. "Although I guess Hoseok is slightly less than okay now." A small smile.

"Hyung, as soon as I'm healed, I'm going to kill you," Hoseok muttered. "Have some sympathy."

"I do. I'm trying to pretend that you're not going to go crazy for the next couple days." Yoongi ruffled his hair and stared at the ground.

The room fell into an awkward silence at Yoongi's words, as Hoseok scowled and Sojin shifted uncomfortably as she felt the tension.

"Hoseok," Sojin said quietly.

"Yeah, noona?"

"You still haven't told Namjoon or Jin the truth, have you?"

"Do you think he has?" Yoongi spat. Hoseok knew that Yoongi's frustration wasn't directed at him, but he still grew nervous, afraid of what the elder's anger could cause him to do.

"Yoongi, calm down." Sojin closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "So they still think it's just because of last year?"

Hoseok bit his lip and nodded.

"I was just wondering. Both of you should go now. Someone else could come in any minute."

"Thanks, noona. You're the best." Hoseok wrapped his arms around Sojin's waist and hugged her briefly before standing up, Yoongi coming to his aid by giving Hoseok his shoulder to lean on. Sojin brought over a crutch and handed it to Hoseok, and he started hobbling out the door, Yoongi following him closely.

"Rewrap the bandage whenever it gets loose. Take it off in the shower. Come back in a few days just so I can make sure it's healing fine. Yoongi, help Hoseok with whatever he needs."

"I will," Yoongi replied.

"Bye, noona." Hoseok and Yoongi walked out of Sojin's office, moving slowly toward the Hoseok and Taehyung's dorm, since it was closer than Yoongi's apartment. They didn't speak much, since Hoseok was focusing on trying not to fall and Yoongi was focusing on trying to keep him moving forward. After a struggle, Hoseok ended up sitting on his bed, Yoongi lying down next to him. Both of them stayed quiet, various thoughts running through their heads, reluctant to start the conversation that they both knew was coming.

"You know that noona's still right." Yoongi reached up his arm and laid it across his eyes, blocking out the light.

"We've had this argument before."

"And we'll keep having it until you grow up and face the fact that you'll have to tell them. You can't keep hiding it from them. They're two of your closest friends. They deserve to know."

"They're fine without knowing too."

"But they've seen."

"And they think it's just because of last year, so let's leave it that way!" Hoseok finally raised his voice, glaring at a point on the wall across from him so that he wouldn't look at Yoongi behind him.

"Why? Why are you so against them knowing?" Yoongi was getting agitated too, sitting up and leaning against the bed's headboard.

"I don't need even more people knowing how messed up I am. I don't need them treating me like I'm special, because I'm not. I don't want their perspective of me to change. I don't need more fake sympathy from people that don't understand and will never understand." Hoseok was rambling now, not paying attention to the words coming out of his mouth.

"Do you realize how ridiculous you sound? Fake sympathy? Hoseok, you're insane if you think that their sympathy would be fake. You weren't afraid my sympathy would be fake, huh?"

"Hyung, stop," Hoseok said quietly, squeezing his eyes shut.

"You know how much they care and you still won't tell them. There's another reason and you're not telling me. You're keeping things from me, too? Me of all people?"

"Because I hate being so weak that I need to depend on other people all of the time!" Hoseok shouted, turning around to fix a hard stare on Yoongi's face. "I'm a coward! I know! And maybe if I don't tell them I'll be able to figure it out on my own or with just you and I'll be stronger! I hate it, hyung, I hate it! Why can't I just face things myself? Why do I constantly need other people? It would be so much easier. So much easier if I could just let go and be strong but-but I can't a-and . . ." Hoseok trailed off and bit his lip harshly, trying to hold back the tears. "Look." A sob. "I'm so weak that I'm crying now."

Yoongi sighed and buried his face in his palms for a few seconds before pulling Hoseok into a hug from behind. "You're not weak. And telling them would make you even stronger than you already are."

"Nowhere near as strong as you."

"This isn't about me."

"Let's not talk about this anymore."

Yoongi pressed a soft kiss against Hoseok's neck. "Okay."

Hoseok sighed and leaned back into Yoongi's chest, the last few tears dropping down his face and Yoongi wiping them away.

Yoongi chuckled softly against Hoseok's shoulder. "How can you act like this and then go to being that confident, sassy Hoseok?"

"Skill. Remember, that doesn't even count the me in public. The smiley, happy-go-lucky one."

"Mm." Yoongi kept pressing light kisses onto Hoseok's skin, moving from his cheek, down his neck, to his collarbone. "I hate that one."

"So do I." Hoseok looked up and gave Yoongi a playful grin, causing the older to laugh gently. "What time is it?"

Pulling out his phone, Yoongi squinted at the screen before putting it away again. "Four thirty."

"Taehyung will be back soon."

"Then let's enjoy the time we have left."

Reaching up, Hoseok pulled Yoongi down and pecked his lips. "Are you mad at me?"

"Yeah."

"No you're not."

Yoongi let out his gummy smile, and Hoseok giggled. "We'll finish that conversation later."

"Oh, like we have before?"

"Shut up."

The two of them teased each other lightly for a little while, until they heard the door opening. Yoongi quickly scrambled back and lied back down on the bed, while Hoseok sat up and fixed his hair, which had been messed up as he'd leaned on Yoongi. Taehyung walked through the door, and smiled as he saw them on Hoseok's bed.

"Yoongi hyung! Jimin was looking for you earlier."

Yoongi smiled back at Taehyung and replied, "Yeah, I already talked to him. I went to Sojin noona's office to bring Hoseok back."

"Sojin noona?"

"The nurse," Yoongi clarified, and Taehyung nodded in understanding.

"Hoseok hyung, are you okay?" Taehyung gave Hoseok's ankle a concerned glance before looking at his face.

"I'm fine. Noona said to just rest and use a crutch for the next couple days. It's nothing serious."

"That's good!" Taehyung grinned widely, causing Hoseok to scoff slightly. The grin faded slightly, and Taehyung nervously looked at Yoongi, who was giving Hoseok a slightly concerned look.

"Hoseok, does it hurt?" Yoongi asked.

"I'm fine," Hoseok muttered. "You should go now, hyung."

Yoongi sighed and got off of Hoseok's bed. He ruffled Hoseok's hair and shrugged on his coat as he walked to the door. "Stay safe, Hoseok. Taehyung, take good care of him."

Taehyung and Hoseok both nodded, Taehyung giving Yoongi a smile.

Yoongi was about to step outside the door, before he paused and turned back. "Hoseok."

"Yeah?"

"If . . . if you, uh. Need me. Just call me, okay?" With that, Yoongi opened the door and left, heading back to his own apartment so that he could get some work done.

Taehyung gave Hoseok a confused look. "Hyung, what was that all about?"

Hoseok looked down and fiddled with his fingers. "It's nothing. I tend to . . ."

"Tend to what?"

"It's nothing, Tae." A pause. "Oh, and I'm sorry."

"Sorry?" Taehyung asked, furrowing his eyebrows. He took off his coat and draped it over his chair before sitting down on his bed cross legged, facing Hoseok. "Sorry for what?"

"Losing my cool about your smile with Yoongi hyung here."

"Oh." Taehyung grimaced slightly and looked to the side. "I'm sorry too. I'm . . . scared. To show everyone else the real me."

Hoseok gave Taehyung a gentle look. "One step at a time, Tae. Speaking of which, did you eat enough today?"

"Yeah, plenty. More than yesterday."

"Good. You have no idea how proud I am of you."

"I think I do, hyung. You only tell me every other day." Taehyung smirked, raising his eyebrows.

Hoseok laughed. "You're getting too sassy for your own good, Kim Taehyung."

"And you care too much."

"I don't think I could ever care too much about you. Now change your clothes, you're getting dust from the practice rooms all over your bed."


For the next few days, Hoseok was confined his room, since all of his friends (Jin) refused to let him leave in fear that he would do something stupid and injure his ankle even more. Unfortunately, Hoseok had to agree with their reasoning. He tended to make bad decisions based off of impulse, and he didn't want to risk not being able to dance for any more time than he already couldn't.

He was going insane.

He spent most of his time lying his bed staring at the ceiling, or doing the work from all of the classes he missed (Yoongi brought it over for him).

He couldn't even feel pain anymore, but when he called Sojin and begged her to let him take the bandage off, she gave him a stern talking to about the benefits of letting his body heal, which ended up getting so annoying and drawn out that Hoseok hung up on her. This, in turn, led to Sojin calling Hoseok back, and giving him another long lecture on the benefits of respecting his elders and not being rude to the person that was helping him get back on his feet (literally).

In the evenings, Taehyung and Yoongi would keep Hoseok company, Taehyung because, well, he lived in the room, and Yoongi because he was extremely worried about the effects Hoseok's injury would have on his mental state. Hoseok released large amount of stress from dancing, and being unable to dance would lead his stress to build up. On just the second day, Yoongi had to calm Hoseok down so that he wouldn't have a full blown panic attack. Luckily, it had happened before Taehyung had come back, or the younger boy would have been extremely confused and asked for explanations that neither Hoseok nor Yoongi was willing to give at the time.

The three of them ended up spending a lot of time together, making casual conversation or working in silence. Hoseok was perfectly fine with the arrangment, because with a little encouragement from him, Taehyung let down some of his walls around Yoongi. It made Hoseok wonder if Yoongi just had the natural ability to make people feel comfortable around him and trust him.

It was ironic, considering how surly and moody he could be.

After a few days, Hoseok was back on his feet, putting full effort into his dance classes to make up for the time he'd missed. All of his dance classmates were quite glad to have him back, because apparently without him screaming every five seconds, classes were pretty boring.

Even after Hoseok got better and was able to keep his mind healthy by dancing, Yoongi stopped by Hoseok and Taehyung's dorm more often, and the three of them would hang out together. Taehyung was becoming more and more open with Yoongi, even going as far as fully dropping his smile sometimes, and Hoseok wouldn't have it any other way.

Slowly but surely, Taehyung was healing.


Hoseok and Taehyung were snuggling into each other on Hoseok's bed with the lights off, watching a movie on Hoseok's small laptop. When Taehyung had revealed that he'd never watched The Holiday with Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet, Hosoek had gasped indignantly and said that it was a jewel in the trashy world of chick flicks even though its plot was completely predictable. Taehyung suggested that they watch it together, and there they were, completely absorbed in the cliche romances that the story revolved around.

When the movie finished, Taehyung yawned and closed Hoseok's laptop, and set it on the nightstand in between their beds. "I feel ashamed for liking it."

"I told you it was good even though it was totally typical," Hoseok said, grinning.

"The kids were so adorable." Taehyung giggled and pressed farther into Hoseok's side before yawning again. "You're warm."

Hoseok hummed in reply and shifted so that he was lying down, and tugged on Taehyung's arm so that he would do that same. "Tomorrow's Saturday so we can sleep in."

"Unless Jiminnie gets up early and bothers us," Taehyung muttered.

Hoseok laughed, replying, "I'll just threaten that I won't teach him any dance moves anymore if he tries to."

"Ouch. That's harsh."

"Oh well. He'll have to deal with it. I'll send him to wake up Yoongi hyung instead."

There were a few moments of silence before Taehyung spoke. "Hoseok hyung." Hoseok let out a small noise in reply, and Taehyung continued, "Should I tell Yoongi hyung? You told me that he wouldn't . . . he wouldn't change his opinion of me, right?"

"He'd probably think more highly of you. He's similar to me, in a way." Hoseok turned his head so that he could see Taehyung's outline in the darkness. "One thing I can say is that out of all of our friends, Yoongi hyung would be the best one to tell first. Of course, only tell him if you're ready."

Taehyung nodded, seeming to contemplate before answering. "I don't think I'm ready to tell him everything. Not yet. But I don't want to bother being my fake self around him. Yoongi hyung . . . I somehow know I can trust him. Aren't you two really close, too?"

Hoseok smiled gently. "He's my closest friend, yeah. I have no idea what I would do without him."

"When did you guys meet?"

"Last year. The beginning of last year. We were in the same poetry class."

"Poetry?"

"Lyrics, Tae."

Taehyung giggled. "I can imagine Yoongi hyung there, but not you."

"I'm a very deep person, Kim Taehyung," Hoseok said, scoffing. "You've heard me rapping."

Instead of continuing the conversation, Taehyung let out a large yawn and pressed his face into Hoseok's neck, apparently trying to sleep. Shaking his head fondly, Hoseok stared at Taehyung for a little bit, wondering how he'd ended up with this boy as his roommate. He wasn't sleepy, and decided that it was a good time to think about life. He could feel himself changing, becoming more and more protective of Taehyung. His dependency on Yoongi hadn't lessened much, but he felt comforted by the fact that he didn't have to be around Yoongi like he'd had to be before.

He felt comforted by Taehyung lying to next to him, feeling his warm breaths against his neck, his hair tickling his ear slightly, his legs tangled with Hoseok's own.

Hoseok turned over and held Taehyung close, his arm around the younger boy's waist. Taehyung sighed in contentment and nuzzled farther into Hoseok's chest, making Hoseok smile at how cute he was. Eventually, Taehyung's breaths evened, and he relaxed.

Hoseok pressed a kiss against Taehyung's forehead and closed his eyes.


A week later, Hoseok and Taehyung were lying next to each other on Taehyung's bed, both staring up at the ceiling, unable to sleep even though it was quite late. Yoongi had just left a few minutes ago. He'd thought about staying over in Hoseok and Taehyung's dorm for the night as he'd done a couple times but then remembered that he had an early class the next day, and had to be in his apartment so that he could get ready on time.

"What's bothering you?" Hoseok asked Taehyung quietly. Taehyung had been restlessly shifting for at least fifteen minutes, and Hoseok figured that he needed to talk to Hoseok about something that was hard for him to say.

Taehyung glanced at Hoseok and bit his lip. "Hyung. You'd never hate me, right?"

"There is nothing that could make me hate you. Unless you're a murderer or a cheater. Are you?"

"No."

"Then I will never hate you."

Taehyung nodded slowly and kept chewing on his lower lip, staying silent.

"Yah, Kim Taehyung, do you want to tell me anything?"

"I don't know."

"Alright." Hoseok nodded. "Why don't you know if you want to tell me anything? Because obviously something's on your mind."

"I've never told anyone this. I only found out about it this year. It scares me. I don't . . . I don't know if I like it. I know other people won't."

Hoseok shrugged. "Like I said, I could never hate you."

Taehyung shifted slightly farther away from Hoseok, and turned his head away. Hoseok sighed, and a few minutes of awkward silence passed. Hoseok was disappointed that Taehyung felt that he couldn't tell him what he was thinking about, but he didn't want to burden the boy and force him into revealing anything. As the minutes dragged on, Hoseok felt himself becoming slightly drowsy, and found it harder to keep his eyes awake. He was just about to slip into a light doze when Taehyung finally said it.

"Hyung, I'm gay."

Hoseok was startled out of his light doze, and turned his head to look at Taehyung, who was completely avoiding his gaze, and was visibly tense.

"Oh, okay," Hoseok responded, not especially surprised by this turn of events. "I thought so."

Hoseok heard Taehyung's breath catch in his throat. "What?"

"I mean, I figured you were. It doesn't really surpise me."

"You . . ." Taehyung trailed off and turned over so that he was facing Hoseok. His face was set in an almost comical expression of confusion, visible even though the lights were turned off, and Hoseok couldn't help but smile.

"Tae, you don't have to worry. I won't hate you because of this. So you only found out this year?"

Apparently, Taehyung was having trouble forming words. "Y-Yeah, I-I did."

"Was it like that feeling where you realize that you're looking at guys more often, and not really paying attention to the girls? And you're eventually like . . . I suppose there's a reason for this?"

"I-I . . . it was exactly like that, hyung. H-How . . .?"

"I'm biual. So is Yoongi hyung."

Taehyung didn't respond, apparently unable to process this piece of information, and Hoseok rolled his eyes. This kid hadn't been exposed to enough when he was younger.

"Don't worry, everyone else in our little group is straight. Unless Jin hyung has tricked me this entire time. I did see Jin hyung and Namjoon making out one time when they were drunk. That could be just because they're childhood friends though."

Still no reply from Taehyung. Hoseok moved closer to Taehyung and draped his arm over him. When he did, he could feel Taehyung's body shaking slightly.

"Tae, you're crying, aren't you?" Taehyung started sniffling, and Hoseok hugged him more tightly. "You stupid kid."

"Hyung," Taehyung said after he'd calmed down slightly and wiped his tears with his sleeve. "Hyung, I've never met anyone as amazing as you."

"That's a new compliment."

"Hyung, please don't leave me."

"I never will."


*throws all the fluff at you*

Enjoy it please. I know I enjoyed writing it. :3

There are pretty important things in this chapter though. It's not just cuteness.

For example:

~ Hoseok and Taehyung growing closer (duh)

~ Yoongi and Taehyung growing closer? Will Taehyung open up to Yoongi?

~ Why are Hoseok and Yoongi so close to Sojin? Why does she know so much about both of them?

~ What made Hoseok so angry?

~ What exactly does Hoseok not want to open up about to Namjoon and Jin?

:O

86 SUBS I'M SO EXCITED. In my friend's beautiful words: "you're nearing 90 which is nearing 100!!!!! I screech 4 you too"

(I love that kid)

AND I LOVE ALL YOU SUBSCRIBERS AND COMMENTERS AND UPVOTERS TOO.

Please comment. It makes me happy. ;) Happiness is nice.

Now to put an end to this awkward, drawn out A/N.

Until the next time~

<3 ^~^