Eight

Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6wdGCO3Utc


Hoseok woke up screaming.

His entire world was blinding, deafening terror.

He slammed his hands over his ears, trying to block it out.

He felt a presence next to him, touching him.

He scrambled away and let out a piercing shriek.

He rocked back and forth, ears covered by his hands.

He squeezed his head, trying to make it stop.

He felt wetness on his cheeks.

He didn't know how long he was there.

He felt like he was drowning.

He felt like he was on fire.

He felt like he was going to die.

He heard slamming in the background and shrunk farther into himself.

He felt someone touch him again and screamed, but the person didn't let go.

He felt the person wrap his arms around his shoulder, and he let out a strangled noise.

He tried to move away, but the person held on tighter.

He felt the other's hands on his, trying to remove them from his ears.

He heard a low voice murmuring in an even tone.

He finally let his hands drop to his sides, and let them hang limply.

He sobbed as he felt arms wrap tightly around him and rub his back.

He slowly stared breathing more evenly as the voice kept talking lowly in his ear, his heaves turning into gasps and finally dying down.

There were a few moments of silence before he buried his face in Yoongi's shoulder, sobbing. "I'm sorry."

"There's nothing to be sorry about."

"I'm sorry."

Yoongi hushed him and laid him down on his bed, hugging him tightly.

"I'm sorry." Hoseok's voice was a whisper. "I'm sorry."

"Stop it, Hoseok." Yoongi was holding back tears.

"I'm sorry."

The last thing Hoseok felt before he fell back asleep out of exhaustion was someone else wrapping his arm around his stomach on his other side.

"Hyung, please be okay."

Taehyung.

 

 

Hoseok slowly woke up surrounded by so much warmth that it was almost uncomfortable. When he blinked open his eyes in the soft morning light, he found himself sandwiched between Yoongi and Taehyung, each having one arm wrapped around him. There was also a thick blanket lying over them, which Hoseok figured wasn't making it any cooler. Scrunching his nose in concentration, he tried to slide down so that he could escape, but was stopped when Yoongi's arm around him tightened considerably. Hoseok looked up to find Yoongi already awake, staring at him with an unreadable expression.

"Go back to sleep," Yoongi mouthed.

Hoseok gave Yoongi a look but complied, snuggling back into his pillow and falling asleep thirty seconds later.

 

 

The next time Hoseok woke up, he was alone on the bed. Sitting up slowly and stretching, he looked over to see Yoongi and Taehyung staring at him from Taehyung's bed, where they were sitting.

"Morning," Hoseok said amiably, giving them a small smile. It dropped when neither of them responded. "What're you guys talking about?"

"I was telling Taehyung that there's nothing to worry about. That it happens sometimes," Yoongi answered, a sarcastic edge to his tone that Hoseok hoped Taehyung wouldn't notice.

"Are you okay, hyung?" Taehyung spoke up very quietly, seemingly afraid to hold eye contact with Hoseok for too long.

"I'm fine. Aren't we late for classes?" Hoseok swung his legs over the side of his bed.

"Today's Saturday. Taehyung, now that Hoseok is awake, you can shower," Yoongi murmured. Taehyung nodded and stood up, grabbing some clothes and walking into the bathroom.

Hoseok waited until they heard the sound of the shower turning on before hissing, "What did you tell him?"

"Nothing, Hoseok, nothing. I just said that you have panic attacks sometimes and that you always get better." Yoongi rubbed his forehead with his fingers. "Do you know how scared Taehyung was last night?" Without waiting for Hoseok to reply, Yoongi kept talking. "I got a call from him in the middle of the night and he was crying, Hoseok. He was legitimately sobbing. He had no idea what to do."

"I scared him," Hoseok said to himself quietly, looking down.

"You terrified him. And you terrfied me, too, Hoseok. I had no idea what would happen in between when I got the call and when I actually got here. What if you hurt yourself? Taehyung wouldn't be able to help you. He wasn't able to stay calm."

"I know, hyung."

"Would it be better if you came back? If you moved back into my place? I know we agreed that you would try to move back to the dorms. But, I'm worried, Hoseok. If you're here, I'm not right next to you to help you."

Hoseok sighed and ruffled his hair. "I was thinking about it. A lot."

"And?"

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"I can't leave Taehyung."

Yoongi raised his eyebrows. "The boy is him, isn't it?"

Chuckling sarcastically, Hoseok buried his face in hands. "Yes," he answered, his voice muffled. "Hyung, how do you always figure this stuff out? How did you figure me out, and now him?"

The shower turned off, and Hoseok and Yoongi fell silent, waiting for Taehyung to walk back to the beds, which he did a minute later. "Hyung, do you want to shower?" he asked, not making it clear who he was directing the question to because he kept looking back and forth between them.

"I will." Hoseok stood up, and walked slowly toward Taehyung. When he reached him, he leaned close to him and whispered into his ear. "Now might be a good time to tell hyung."

Taehyung drew back, startled, before whispering back. "Without you?"

Giving Taehyung a small smile, Hoseok ruffled the younger's hair. "You're strong." Without looking back, he picked up a random pair of sweatpants and a T-shirt, and proceeded into the bathroom. He the water, but instead of stripping down and getting in, he collapsed against the side of the bathtub, and leaned back against it. He clasped his trembling hands together, and forced himself to breath evenly until he was completely calm. Finally standing up, Hoseok took off his shirt and stared at his reflection in the mirror. He traced his torso with his finger, watching the Hoseok in the mirror do the same. Then, he turned his head to look at his upper arm, rubbing it gently with his thumb.

A single deep breath.

He'd be fine.

Hoseok smiled at himself in the mirror and took off the rest of his clothes, stepping into the shower. He spent longer inside than he needed to, hoping that when he came back, Taehyung would be done telling Yoongi his story. After turning off the water, he dried himself quickly and put on his clothes. He draped his towel around his shoulders and walked out to see Yoongi holding onto both of Taehyung's hands tightly, talking in a low voice that Hoseok couldn't hear very well. Not wanting to intrude, he leaned against the wall until Yoongi looked up and noticed him. Taehyung turned around, too, and Hoseok could see his eyes glistening.

"You okay?" Hoseok asked quietly, gazing at Taehyung.

Taehyung nodded and gave him a wobbly smile. Yoongi squeezed Taehyung's hands.

"You know that Yoongi hyung's here for you now, too, right?"

"Yeah," Taehyung said sofly, voice shaking.

Remembering something, Hoseok gave Taehyung a crooked smile. "Did you tell him the other part, too?"

Immediately, Taehyung's ears started turning pink, and he stuttered, unable to utter a coherent sentence.

"What's this about?" Yoongi questioned, raising his eyebrows with an amused look on his face.

"Taehyung here is less straight than the two of us." Hoseok chuckled, sticking out his tongue slightly at Taehyung, who was looking at him like a deer trapped in headlights.

Yoongi grinned widely and brought Taehyung into a headlock. "Wow, kid, you don't have the guts to say you're gay around two biuals?"

Taehyung let out a noise of protest and started hitting Yoongi's arm, trying to remove Yoongi's grip on him. "Hyung!" he whined.

Of course, Hoseok decided to join in, and started tickling Taehyung, knowing full well what would happen next. As he predicted, Taehyung shrieked and jerked his head up, headbutting Yoongi's face. Groaning in pain, Yoongi let go of Taehyung to rub his nose, but when he released his grip on Taehyung, the younger, unbalanced, slid off the bed. Trying to stop himself from falling, he grabbed onto Hoseok's shirt, and Hoseok yelped as Taehyung pulled him down (which he had not seen coming). This, in turn, led Hoseok to cling onto Yoongi's arm, and the three of them ended up in a groaning mess on the floor.

After a few seconds, they all started laughing, and helped each other up.

"You guys remind me of Baek hyung and Dae hyung," Taehyung giggled, and then paused. "But . . . you're different."

"Different how?" Hoseok dusted off his shirt, and turned Yoongi around so that he could brush off the older's back.

"I can tell you guys anything," Taehyung said softly.

Yoongi laughed gently, and Hoseok didn't quite know it, but his lips unconsciously pulled into a smile.


"Hyung, are you doing anything for Valentine's Day?" Jimin asked, taking a sip of his coffee.

Hoseok shook his head in reply, since he couldn't talk with a granola bar in his mouth. After swallowing, he elaborated. "I've never been in a relationship and I don't plan ever to be in one."

Jimin turned his head in surprise, glancing at Hoseok from across the table in the small coffee shop. "You've never had a boyfriend? But you're so . . . sunshiney. Has no one ever liked you?"

Hoseok forced himself to chuckle, feeling sick to his stomach. "No. Yah, Jimin, wanna go on a date with me on Valentine's Day?"

Scoffing, Jimin replied, "Go out with Tae or Yoongi hyung. Or both. You'd look the same as you usually do anyways."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Hoseok finished the granola bar and crumpled the wrapper.

"You three look like more than friends."

"Maybe we just have deep psychological connections."

Jimin gave Hoseok a judging look over his coffee cup as he took another sip. "Uh huh."

Hoseok rolled his eyes and ignored the implications of Jimin's words.


"Hobi, will you be my Valentine?" Yoongi got down on one knee in front of Hoseok's bed and held out a branch of a pine tree.

Hoseok just blinked sleepily, extremely confused, while next to him, Taehyung burst into laughter.

When he didn't receive a reply, Yoongi fake pouted and dropped the branch, climbing onto the bed and wrapping his arms around Taehyung instead. "Fine, Taehyung, you'll be my Valentine, right?" Taehyung nodded, and Yoongi landed a kiss on his cheek in celebration, causing him to laugh even harder.

"Hyung, you're ridiculous."

Meanwhile, Hoseok had rubbed the sleep from his eyes and stared at Yoongi and Taehyung, still slightly confused. "Hyung, how did you get inside?"

Yoongi grinned devilishly. "I got Donghae hyung to unlock the door for me."

"How?" Taehyung asked, curious.

"I might've told him that Hoseok would convince Hyukjae hyung to meet up with him tonight at seven at the arts department's main office?" Yoongi gave Hoseok a sheepish look.

"Wow," Taehyung commented, an impressed look on his face. "Nice manipulation skills."

"It won't be that hard to convince Hyukjae hyung either. The other day he wouldn't shut up about Donghae hyung all class and Jongin actually ended up sleeping." Hoseok snickered.

"So you'll take care of it?" Yoongi looked at Hoseok expectantly.

"Yup."

"Anyways, you guys wanna go out tonight to celebrate our lack of relationships?" Yoongi slung his arm around Taehyung's shoulders.

Hoseok yawned and shrugged. "Okay. Should I ask the others, too?"

Yoongi nodded and got off the bed. "I gotta go to Jimin and Sungjae's room now. Jimin and I have to video call our grandparents before classes, and it's going to take a while because our grandmother still doesn't understand that the red button means close, not increase volume. Bye." Ruffling Hoseok's hair, Yoongi casually turned and walked out of Hoseok and Taehyung's room.

Taehyung blinked. "Hyung, do you want the tree branch?"

 

 

Fourteen hours later, Namjoon, Jimin, Hoseok, and Yoongi were drunk. Jin wasn't because he needed to take everyone home from his and Namjoon's apartment, and Taehyung wasn't because Jin had begged Taehyung to help him keep the other four from destroying things (especially Namjoon). Their earlier outing had been quite successful. The six of them had decided to take an evening walk, and had warded off the February cold by running around hyperactively, quite possibly bothering a few couples that had wanted to spend their Valentine's Day in peace (although Hyuna and Hyunseung had looked like they were being more than peaceful).

Hoseok giggled as Yoongi dragged him into Jin and Namjoon's shared bedroom, and closed the door behind them softly. "Hyung, what're you doing?" Hoseok slurred.

"Celebrating Valentine's Day," Yoongi answered in a murmur, brushing his lips against Hoseok's jawline. "Do you not want to, Hobi?"

"I never said that, hyung." Hoseok slipped his hands under Yoongi's shirt and pulled the older boy closer.

Yoongi hummed and pressed his lips against Hoseok's, backing him up slowly until his back was against the wall. Hoseok ran his fingers up along Yoongi's spine, and lifted his shirt slowly. Raising his arms, Yoongi allowed Hoseok to pull his shirt over his head and drop it next to them, before kissing Hoseok more heatedly, gripping Hoseok's hips with his hands. Hoseok's eyes fluttered closed, and lost himself in the feeling of Yoongi's body pressed against his until he heard the door to the room open. Both of them turned their heads to look at who it was.

"Tae!" Hoseok exclaimed happily, making Yoongi giggle and nuzzle his neck.

Taehyung stared at the two of them with wide eyes. Hoseok wondered why.

"Tae, are you okay?" Hoseok smiled sweetly at Taehyung.

Nodding rapidly, Taehyung backed out of the room quickly, stumbling over his own feet, and closed the door behind him.

Yoongi shrugged and giggled again. "Tae's funny. We should go find him."

"Okay," Hoseok breathed, and kissed Yoongi another time before picking up the older boy's discarded shirt and pulling it over him. He, of course, didn't notice that it was inside-out. Hand in hand, the boys walked unsteadily out of the room to the living room, searching for Taehyung. When they spotted him, talking to quietly to Jin (they didn't need to worry about Namjoon and Jimin anymore since both were passed out on the floor), Hoseok shrieked and dragged Yoongi along with him as he rushed toward Taehyung excitedly.

Jin gave the two of them a strange look. "What were you two doing?"

"Tae, why're you blushing?" Yoongi stared curiously at Taehyung's cheeks, which dusted pink at Jin's question.

"N-No reason, hyung."

Jin raised his eyebrows. "All right, I think we need to get these two home. We can take care of Jimin afterward since he's knocked out. Taehyung, you take Hoseok? I'll take Yoongi."

Taehyung nodded hesitantly. "Can I call you if I have trouble with him?"

Hoseok giggled. "I'm not trouble!"

"Yes, you are, Hoseok," Jin replied. "You can call, but I'll be having plenty of trouble with Yoongi myself. He'll probably keep whining about missing his Hobi the entire way back."

Taehyung glanced at Hoseok and Yoongi, who were now absorbed in studying the sleeping Namjoon. "Are they always like this?"

"Like what?"

"This . . . close?"

"Oh, when they're drunk, it's horrible. I can't count how many times I've walked in on them making out. Although I'm betting they've seen the same with me and-" Jin broke off as the realization hit him. "You walked in on them, didn't you?"

Taehyung didn't reply.

Jin started laughing. "No wonder you're so flustered! You cutie. They'll be fine once they wake up. More . . . normal, if you can call them that."

"They're really close, aren't they?"

"Yeah. I mean, after Hoseok moved in with Yoongi, they grew kind of inseparable. And then Hoseok finally got rid of Yoongi's ex, which was nice."

Taehyung stilled, staring at Jin in shock. "What?"

"Oh, they didn't tell you? I thought they would have, considering how close you three are. Last year was intense. Anyway, let's get them home."

 

 

After a long struggle, Taehyung finally got Hoseok into his bed, but Hoseok refused to actually sleep. "Tae, come sleep with me," he whined, holding his hands out toward Taehyung.

"I really hate it when you're drunk, hyung," Taehyung muttered, changing his clothes while Hoseok kept complaining about how he was cold without his Tae and his Yoongi hyung.

Hoseok finally started to quiet when he realized that Taehyung would take his time coming to bed, and watched the younger pull on his shirt before he walked over to Hoseok, crossing his arms and looking down at him. "Do I have to change your clothes, too?"

Hoseok shook his head.

"Well, are you going to do it, then?"

Hoseok shook his head again.

"Then don't I have to do it?" Taehyung rolled his eyes, and reached down to pull Hoseok's shirt up, but stopped as Hoseok suddenly reached out and grabbed Taehyung's wrists with his hands in an extremely tight grip. "Hyung, what are you-"

"Don't. Don't do that," Hoseok hissed, his eyes flashing with anger and . . . fear?

"Hyung, you're hurting me," Taehyung said weakly, trying to escape.

Hoseok let go of Taehyung just as abruptly as he'd grabbed him, and pulled the covers over himself. His breaths weren't even, so Taehyung knew he was still awake, but was too afraid to try talking to the older boy again.

What had come over him? Shaken, Taehyung climbed into his own bed. It was a while before he was able to fall asleep.


Two days later, Hoseok and Yoongi were sitting on Hoseok's bed, writing lyrics together. Namjoon was supposed to be there, too, but he had canceled last minute because he apparently had a major English test that he'd forgotten about and didn't study for.

Taehyung was doing his math homework at his desk.

He broke.

"You used to live together?" Taehyung asked, turning around to face the other two, who both froze. "You didn't find this important to tell me?"

Silence.

Taehyung scoffed and went back to work.

"It was because of my panic attacks," Hoseok said quietly.

"Which you also didn't bother to tell me about until it happened right in front of me and I had no idea what to do!" Taehyung slammed his pencil and stood, clenching his fists and glaring at Yoongi. "And your ex? What about her? Huh? Was she not important, either?"

Yoongi grit his teeth. "Him. He. And no. He's not important. Not anymore."

Laughing in disbelief, Taehyung kicked his chair with his heel. "Am I not, either? Were you two just going to hide this from me forever, and expect me to give up everything about myself? Was that it? You guys felt great that you were helping me, didn't you? Treating me like a charity case is really fun, isn't it? Getting me to trust you completely is an amazing feeling, right? Are you happy?! Happy that you're exactly like my brother?!"

"Kim Taehyung, stop it right now!" Yoongi yelled, standing up and grabbing Taehyung's arm. He threw Taehyung unceremoniously onto his bed, and stared the younger down. Taehyung cowered at his gaze, and fell silent, before glancing at Hoseok and almost gasping.

Hoseok was holding his head in his hands, tears running down his face, knees hugged to his chest.

Yoongi took a moment to calm himself down before sitting back down and pulling Hoseok against his side, rubbing his arm gently. "Hobi, it's okay," he whispered, and Hoseok nodded, pressing himself against Yoongi. Yoongi looked up at Taehyung, who was watching them with wide eyes, filled with guilt.

"You want to know about my ex? I'll tell you."


OHOHOHOHOHO GUESS WHAT'S COMING NEXT, GUYS. WHO WANTS TO KNOW ALL THE THINGS WRONG WITH YOONGI'S LIFE?

Isn't this fun? ;)

 

The results of the poll were/are pretty interesting. ._.

Yoonseok was in the lead for a while, but then Vhope took over by a lot, and Yoonseok is wayyyy ahead again. And the number of votes for the three-way relationship is growing steadily.

And apparently almost no one wants there to be no ships. XD

I'll probably make another poll with the same options a few more chapters in, and see if people change their opinions. Again, comment if you want something not in the poll.

 

Or just comment in general I mean comments are really nice I mean shhh I said nothing.

 

101 subscribers.

What.

Is.

Life.

*is trying to hold in fangirling but is failing miserably*

Thank you so much.

Like.

So much. TT

 

Until the next time~

<3 ^~^