Yoongi POV - I want kids

Butterfly
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hello! I have 3 exams tomorrow but I'm feeling pretty okay about them. Anyway I decided to quickly upload this before I get up and revise! 

Obviously this is before they knew they were having twins ^-^

When: 5 years together! (This is briefly mentioned in the first chapter of Butterfly) plus a little memory at the start!

 

 

 

 

 

Yoongi was 19 when he decided that he wanted kids. He'd always been particularly fond of kids, loved seeing them smiling and running around, not a single care in the world. Children always looked so happy, and they always approached him when adults tended to avoid him. But he'd always remember the exact moment in which he decided he wanted a child of his own. 


Like Yoongi, there were other customers who came to the cafe routinely, and Yoongi had familiarised himself with all of them. Some of them were deaf, like himself, and he got on with them well. But of course, due to language barriers, he couldn't befriend everyone. There was a lady who suddenly stopped coming, for months, and Yoongi sometimes wondered why she stopped coming so suddenly. He asked Seokjin, who shrugged, -maybe she moved.- Seokjin could never understand how he managed to remember every single person who came in the cafe. 


It was 7 months before he saw her again, and she had brought a new customer with her. Yoongi had come to the cafe after college, feeling exhausted and ready to go home and nap. He didn't even notice her until he was sat down with Seokjin. -Baby- he pointed out, and Seokjin glanced over. -Looks like we found out where she was, then- the older signed, chuckling. Yoongi spent the longest time staring, even if Seokjin told him to stop, he couldn't. He watched as she picked up her baby, who was crying, and she rocked the child slowly, and Yoongi was amazed when the baby stopped crying. The baby was clutching some plush toy in her tiny hands, and it fell on the floor. Yoongi didn't even think before standing up from his seat and crouching on the floor to pick it up, handing it to the baby. The girl began speaking to him, but Seokjin was instantly by his side, so Yoongi just smiled politely as Seokjin spoke with her, his eyes glued to the tiny girl in her arms. 


Minutes later, Seokjin tapped his shoulder, -she's asking if you would like to hold the baby.- Yoongi's eyes widened, and he looked back at the baby, -I don't know how to.- -It's okay- Seokjin returned, smiling, -we'll help.- Yoongi nodded shyly, stepping back as the lady stood up. Seokjin helped to position his arms as she passed the baby to him, and Yoongi's heart was racing. She was heavier than she looked, and it felt so weird when she suddenly squirmed. Her mother stayed close to her, keeping a hand under her back in case Yoongi suddenly dropped her, and Yoongi was thankful because he was terrified of dropping her. 


He couldn't believe how beautiful she was, a tiny little baby girl in his arms. At that moment Yoongi felt fireworks in his heart, he felt completely honoured to hold such a precious angel. He smiled down at her, completely in his own bubble, and he gasped when she smiled back, all gums with 2 mini teeth at the front. He completely couldn't help himself, and just leaned down and kissed her forehead gently. She was so precious. He glanced up at Seokjin, a huge grin on his face that made his eyes crinkle, and Seokjin grinned back. -Let's give her back now- the older signed, and Yoongi frowned because he wanted to hold her forever, but he still handed her back. It was exactly that moment when he decided that he wanted a daughter of his own. 

 


But he was sure that Jimin didn't.

 

 

 
Jimin, unlike himself, seemed to dislike children. He could see it in his expression, how he frowned when a baby was crying, or how he glared at them when they ran around the cafe. Yoongi could never understand it, no matter how many times he tried. He couldn't understand how someone could feel anything but happiness when there was a child around. Clearly Jimin saw something in them that Yoongi was completely blind to. Whatever it was, Yoongi was sure that it meant that he didn't want children of his own. So Yoongi resisted the urge to even think about having a baby.

 

 

 

 

 


It took Minah's sister's newborn son to finally break his resistance. -Is he healthy?- Yoongi asked, eyes wide with curiosity. Minah nodded, accepting the mug of coffee that he handed her. She had c

Please log in to read the full chapter