Reunion

First Romance

 

A month later, winter vacation is almost over. But before it ends, Dara planned a trip to Jeju Island. It was almost lunch when they arrived. So, the moment they arrived, they ate in a restaurant. They didn’t wasted time, though. After they checked in on a hotel, they went biking. Then after that, they tried the zip line. They went to Hallim Park and took pictures of each other. It was almost nighttime when they felt tired. So, after they took dinner, they went to their respective rooms in the hotel and took a nap.

Dara immediately felt asleep even though it was still early. However, she woke up suddenly. She stared at the clock; it was already 11 in the evening. Unable to sleep, she went to turn on the television.

“…tonight. It’s expected that the meteor shower will start at 12 midnight, the NASA says. Since this would be a once in a lifetime experience, why don’t you invite your boyfriend or girlfriend to watch it together?” the reporter on the TV said.

A smile formed on her lips, giving her an idea. She turned the TV off and grabbed a coat and went outside. She was already in front of his door. She lifted her hand to knock on it but hesitated. So, she dropped her hand. “He must be asleep now.”

Alone now, she went to the hotel’s rooftop. The moment she arrived, she saw a familiar figure, his back facing her, his head gazing up at the clear night sky. She just stood there, just stared at his back. She doesn’t know why she loves looking at his back. She gazed at the sky too. It was a relief that tonight’s sky is clear, so they would be able to witness the meteor shower with him. She slowly took steps towards him. As usual, he was oblivious of his surroundings. She doesn’t know why he’s always like this. She noticed that he’s unaware of his surroundings whenever he’s thinking alone. So, she quickened her pace. She carefully gave him a back hug.

“Why are you alone here?” she asked.

He didn’t answer. He gently removed her arms from his waist and turned to face her. He hugged her so tight.

“I couldn’t sleep,” he said plainly.

“Why?” she asked.

“Because I miss you already,” he said.

Dara leaned away. She couldn’t help but smile.

They were now lying on the ground, gazing at the clear night sky. They were both silent for a while, cuddling with each other. Dara’s head was leaning on his chest.

“I still can’t believe we’re both alive,” Dara said.

“Yeah,” he just said.

“And I can’t believe they pranked me, saying that you died,” Dara said. “How could you give them that idea?” she said, sitting up and hitting his tummy. “You know, I almost died seeing their reactions like that.”

Jiyong just laughed out loud. “I love you, too,” he said, giving her a quick peck on the lips.

“You sure know how to make me silent,” Dara said, lying again.

Jiyong joined her again, holding her hand.

“Do you think Chaerin will be alright?” he asked.

“She will be. Seunghyun’s mom is very kind to take her in and treat her as her daughter,” she said.

Silence…

“That’s a cute bracelet there,” he said.

Dara lifted her wrist and stared at it. “I know, right? Someone gave it to me,” she said, giving him a sideways glance.

“Who might have given that to you?”

“I don’t know. Do you?” she asked, mocking.

“Oh, so you knew,” he said.

“How would I not?” she asked. “You were the only one who knows that I like this.”

Silence again…

“I’ve got a question to ask,” she said and hearing no response, she continued. “When did you start to like me?” she said, embarrassed.

Jiyong cleared his throat. “Do you remember the day I opened up with you?”

Dara nodded.

“Do you remember how Sohee and I broke up?”

Dara was thoughtful and nodded again.

“You were the girl that I kept on staring at when we were in the audio-visual room. You were the reason why we broke up.”

Dara’s jaw dropped. “Oh, so it wasn’t one-sided, “she said, nodding, then she suddenly hit Jiyong.

“Ow! What was that for?” he complained.

“Why didn’t you tell me? All this time, I expected that it was a one-sided love.”

“You were the one who kept it from me the longer time,” he said, smug.

“What do you mean?”

“You said, you fell in love with me the first time you bumped into me,” he said.

“When did I ever tell you that? I was sure I didn’t…” she trailed off. “You were awake! You were awake that time! When I made the confession on the clinic.”

Jiyong laughed out loud, earning him another smack on the head. “Would you stop doing that?”

Dara giggled and gave him a peck on the lips.

“Okay, your apology is accepted.”

Dara giggled. She looked at her watch, 5 minutes before the meteor shower. She was about to tell him about it when he suddenly stood up. He helped her up too. After that, he knelt on one knee and took her right hand.

“What are you doing down there?” Dara asked her face red.

“I love you, Dara. You know that. I have been thinking about this for months now. I only had the courage now,” he paused. “Sandara Park, of all the girls in the world, you are the most stunning. You are the only one who made my heart beat faster like this. You are the only one that made me think the moment I met you that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you.”

Dara gasped, a tear suddenly dropped from her eyes.

“I want to spend my lifetime with you. Will you marry me-”

“But we’re still high school students,” Dara immediately cut him off.

Jiyong laughed. “I wasn’t done yet. Will you marry me after we graduate from college?”

Dara dropped to her knees and hugged him. “Of course, I will.”

They both stood up. Dara leaned in to kiss him. The softest, feather-light touch of their lips was all that connected them, but a fire Dara had never felt before coursed through her, and she knew she needed more of – all of – Jiyong. He returned her wishful kiss with one more powerful.

Dara leaned away, gasping for breath.

“I’m sorry,” he said.

Dara shook her head. “No, it’s alright,” she was about to lean in to kiss him again but her eyes flew towards the sky. “It started.”

Jiyong followed her gaze and gasped in amazement. “Wow, it’s so…sudden.”

“Actually not, it was all over the news. I was about to invite you to watch this but I thought you were asleep. But I found you here.”

Jiyong couldn’t take his eyes off the continuous meteor shower. “Did you make a wish, Dara?”

Dara nodded. She took his hand and squeezed it. “And it already came true.”

Jiyong stared at her. She stared at him back. He kissed her again.

“You…” she said, in between kisses. “…are my fist romance, Jiyong.”

 

The three-day trip was too short for them but they sure enjoyed it.

Jiyong drove Dara home. When she arrived, she was surprised to see two people welcoming her.

“Mom… Minzy…” she said, and ran to hug them. “I missed you so bad!”

Dara realized now that what Jiyong told her as his surprise since last Christmas was this. She turned to Jiyong who was standing by the gate. But what shocked her the most was the man who was standing beside him.

Without hesitation, she ran to him. “Dad! I missed you.”

“Me too, dear. I’m sorry.”

“I have already forgiven you, Dad,” she said. Minzy and her mom joined the small reunion.

Jiyong was about to leave when a hand caught his wrist. She hugged him tight.

“Thank you. Thank you so much!” she said.

He her back while she was crying.

 

5 years after…

Even though they don’t see and talk to each other often, they find time through their busy schedules. Dara was glad to know how successful her friends are now.

Sohee became a teacher and a trainer of several famous cheerleading groups.

Chaerin is now living peacefully in France with her husband.

Taeyang became South Korea’s representative in every basketball competition.

Like Taeyang, Bom also represented South Korea several times with her athletic abilities in several sports. They are going to be married next month too.

Seunghyun was now concentrating on his international activities as a rapper.

Jiyong became a professor in Seoul University and coached the school’s basketball team.

Dara, on the other hand, became a famous K-pop solo singer under YG Entertainment. Although she’s still a rookie, she already has a strong fan base.

Dara and Jiyong are about to get married too. They will have a double wedding with Taeyang and Bom next month.

Throughout her life, Dara learned several lessons. But what stood out the most was how special her friends are to her life, especially her first romance and her husband-to-be, Kwon Jiyong.

-----------------------

FINALLY!!!! YES, it's done now. :) please support my next fic. kekeke. the next would be shorter. :D do you want a teaser? comment below if you do^^ kekeke

ANYWAY. thanks for the support, readers and subscribers. i only got a few though, but i don't mind. im still happy. i started this from a scratch and i supported by the warm support you've given me. seriously, thank you so so so much!

shoutout to ilikechocolatesAppleLover08kristinamay17, and daydreamgurl_08... i love you, guys. i can feel the love from your comments, kekeke. and i hope, you will still support me in the days to come. :)

another shoutout to ultracazinee@tumblr for the second banner of this story^^

finally, i want to ask everyone who has time to please give a short review on this story. i would like to hear the voices of my readers, so at least i know. you could message me privately. thank you! i love you :*

 

---------------------

view this review:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/188402/3

it was reviewed by UKissBeast of  (◕〝◕) ~ DaraGon Heaven Review Shop ~ (◕〝◕)

i got 87/105. TT_______TT too low. but since this is my first attempt, i guess it's okay. kekeke