Confession

First Romance

 

The moment Taeyang left, all of the girls in their class stopped their drooling and daydreaming. Bom and Dara who noticed just laughed, being the only two of the girls who hasn’t fallen to his charms.

                Lunchtime..

                “Dara-ssi, can I join you and Taeyang on your lunch date?” Bom said in a teasing voice.

                “Bom! How many times shall I tell you? It’s not a lunch date. I’m just going to treat him as thanks,” Dara explained.

                “Geez, how defensive,” Bom rolled her eyes. She spotted Taeyang from afar. “Oh, look. Taeyang!”

                “Dara! Bom! Taeyang waved even from afar, causing people on the hallway to look back. Upon reaching them, “Bommie, are you going to join us?” Taeyang asked anxiously, wishing Bom would say no.

                “Yes, I am,” Bom said.

                “You are?” Dara took a double-take. “Oh, yes, you are. Let’s go?”

                While eating, Dara can notice Bom eating so fast like there’s no tomorrow.

                “Bom, slow down. You’re gonna choke,” Dara said, concerned.

                “Yeah, you’ll get fat again like you were before,” Taeyang said, exaggerating when he took a gasp of air and made his face big with her arms at his side making a circle body. This has caused Dara to laugh and Bom to glare at him. “Just saying,’’ He stopped.

                “Mister Choi called me in his office. I’m gonna be late,” Bom said standing up and wiping . “Bye.”

                “But, Bom – “  Dara shouted. She’s worried because she hasn’t been alone with a guy before.

                But Bom is already far. She didn’t hear her.

                Dara fidgeted, and Taeyang noticed. “Don’t worry, Dara. I don’t bite.”

                Dara just smiled.

                “So… Dara, I have a question. Is that alright?” Taeyang fidgeted but tried to keep it cool.

                “Sure, what is it?” she asked.

                “Can I – “

                He was cut off when someone goes closer to their table, and surprisingly, she was with Jiyong.

                “Taeyang-oppa! Is that you? I see you have a new girlfriend now. Enjoy your date!”

                “What? Girlfriend?” Taeyang and Dara said together.

                “Don’t deny something that is obvious, Taeyang.”

                “Well,” Taeyang looked down shyly. “Someday.”

                “What?” Dara turned to him. “Stop joking around.”

                “Believe me, he’s not. Good luck, Taeyang,” she winked and left.

                Dara cleared to cover the awkwardness that is slowly building up between them. “Who was that?” Dara asked. “Why’s she clinging on Jiyong’s arm? Is she…” she stopped, realizing she sounded jealous.

                Thankfully, Taeyang didn’t notice because he’s looking away. He just laughed. “That girl? Ha! Her name is Sohee. She thinks she’s still Jiyong’s girlfriend. They broke up last summer. They just went out for about three months. He doesn’t even have feelings for her. But, her? She’s still crazy about him.”

                “Well, I guess, he feels differently now, then. More than friend, perhaps,” she said, taking a nibble from a sandwich she was eating a while ago.

                “No, he doesn’t,” Taeyang said, still gaze so far away, maybe because he felt embarrassed of the recent confession.

                Dara looked up, suddenly, feeling hopeful. She felt relieved that Taeyang wasn’t looking at her. “Then, why is he still going out with her?”

                “Sohee is so crazy about him, and when he doesn’t give her what she wants, she always has tantrums like a baby. She’s so childish. She even did that once publicly so much to the shame of Jiyong. That’s why he gives her what she wants. I don’t know why he still can’t tell her she’s annoying. Maybe for the same reason.”

                “Oh,” Dara nodded. “Can I ask you something, Taeyang?”

                “Sure,” Taeyang faced her finally. The blush on his cheeks didn’t come off and Dara pretended to not notice.

                “What did you say to Sohee? Was that true?’’ she also blushed.

                “Yeah, someday,” he said, not able to look him on her eyes.

                “What do you mean by that?” she asked, not looking at him straight too.

                 “Um, someday, I hope you’ll be mine,” Taeyang said, waiting for Dara to react.

                Dara looked down, embarrassed. It is not the first confession she heard but it feels like it. She just remained silent.

                “Dara…” Taeyang reached out hesitantly. He stopped midway but went for it though.

He clasped Dara’s hand between his. Dara was surprised. She didn’t experience this before. Those who confessed to her were all timid to do these kinds of things.

“Dara..” he continued. “I like you. Isn’t it obvious?” he waited for a response but she remained silent. “So, a while ago, I was saying, will you go out with me?”

Dara remained silent. That made Taeyang released her hand from his grip.