The Warehouse

First Romance

 

There was someone knocking on the door. Bom quickly went to open it. What met her was Taeyang falling onto her arms with his head bleeding.

“Taeyang!” Bom gasped. Sohee and Seunghyun ran to help. They brought him to the sofa.

“What happened?” Seunghyun asked.

“Someone bumped us… when I woke up… Dara’s lost…” he explained, in between intake of breaths.

“What?!” Bom yelled. “How can you be-“

“It was done on purpose… I think… they knew we were coming…”

“Even so… you should have been-“

Seunghyun put his hand on Bom’s shoulder. “I understand that you’re worried, but, Taeyang is also hurt.”

Sohee went to tend to his wounds as Bom paced back and forth, thinking that two of the most important persons in her life are both in danger.

“Let’s call the police now,” Bom suggested.

“I agree,” Sohee said.

“We have to save them ourselves. We know cops. They’re always late in action. We’ll call them but we have to go ahead of them,” Seunghyun said.

“I’m coming,” Bom and Sohee chorused.

“Me too,” Taeyang weakly said.

“You’re staying here!” Bom scolded him.

He sat up. “I can recover along the way.”

 

Meanwhile…

The two gangsters immediately stopped hitting Jiyong. They shoot surprised stares towards Dara who returned a fierce stare towards them. The “scar-faced guy” looked at the “dirty-haired guy” and motioned him to go to Dara.

“Oh, so you want to be his savior?” the guy said as he was nearing. “I got a better plan,” he said, his lower lip.

As he got closer, Dara’s fierce stare gradually faltered. She started becoming weak again. The “dirty-haired guy” was already just right before her that she can feel his breath on her face and unfortunately smell the stink of mixed alcohol and cigarette. She held her breath for as long as she can and squeezed her eyes tight. When she felt the guy ‘s hand slowly crawling under her shirt, she opened her eyes just to see his face an inch away from her, his lips puckered. Without hesitation and because of disgust, she bumped her head against him that sent the guy staggering backwards.

“Why you… !” he shouted. He was about to slap her when she spat on his face. He felt the spit on his face and fury took over all of his system. He went to pick his paddle up and hit the pitiful girl on her body. Dara bent her head forward feeling her internal parts bleeding because of the impact brought by the hit. She didn’t even hear Jiyong calling for her which took him all of his strength to do so. The guy was about to give the girl another hit when the other guy stopped him.

“You should be thankful to Jino-hyung, !” the “dirty-face guy” said and walked towards Jiyong.

They were about to continue their hitting on Jiyong when Dara shouted so suddenly. “YA!”

They shoot glares towards her. “What now, ?” the dirty-haired guy asked. “You changed your mind now? You want me to continue-“

“YA!” Dara shouted, slowly looking up. “WHY THE HELL ARE YOU DOING THIS TO JIYONGAND ME?!”

The guys raised their brows.

“YOU THINK THIS IS FUN?! YOU THINK AFTER KILLING THE BOTH OF US, YOU’LL BE SATISFIED?!” Dara paused and took a deep breath. She was about to say more when…

“Actually, I told them to do this…” a female voice said. The four of them turned their heads towards the door. “Do you know me?”

“Miss…L,” Jiyong said, struggling to speak.

“Oh, so, you remembered me as Miss L, I heard from TOP that you eavesdropped our conversation. Anyway, don’t you remember my face? We’ve met years ago,” the woman said.

Jiyong tried to remember but he can’t. His head was pounding from too much pain.

“Oh, whatever,” the woman waved off. “Anyway, I’m upset, Dara. How can you not remember me?”

Dara ceased her forehead. She tried to remember that familiar face. She was sure she met her before. After a while, she remembered. “YG…” she whispered.

“Oh, bingo!” the woman said, clapping. “I’m really upset. I was the only judge who insisted on keeping you in that company so I can keep an eye on you. You know the other judges didn’t really like your weak voice but since T.O.P. pleaded me to help you, I did. And I quickly agreed right after I knew you were somehow connected to Jiyong.”

Dara and Jiyong couldn’t keep up. Seeing this, Miss L sighed dramatically. “Chaerin?” she called from behind her.

Chaerin appeared beside her. Dara gasped. Jiyong scoffed. Chaerin’s eyes seemed lost. It’s like she’s a total stranger. She couldn’t keep her eyes straight. She kept on looking down.

“Chaerin, my dear, your ‘friends’ seemed to not understand my… oh, I mean our motive of gathering them up here. Could you tell them instead?”

Chaerin kept silent. She became still.

“Ugh, how stupid can you get?!” Miss L said hitting her daughter’s head causing Chaerin to stagger forward.

Chaerin quickly stood up straight. “You…” she whispered. “You, two are traitors.”

“They can’t hear you!” Miss L scolded.

“THE TWO OF YOU AE TRAITORS!” Chaerin suddenly bust out then quickly looked down again.

Dara was taken aback, shocked of Chaerin’s outbursts. “Chaerin, i understand you.”

Chaerin shot her a surprised look.

“I can understand why you’re calling us traitors. I know you had feelings for Jiyong. But I don’t call it love. You were just looking for the feeling of being loved. Since you saw how Jiyong is a sweet guy, you wanted him to do the same to you too. I know that your father died years ago. I head from Seunghyun. But doing this, can you say that after this, you’ll be satisfied with your life? Can you say that you’re happy that we’re dead? Chaerin, we’re you friends. I love you, as I told you before, I treat you as my best friend already. And it hurts me how you can actually do this to us.”

“Gosh! You’re infecting my daughter’s brain!” Miss L shouted.

Chaerin felt her eyes sting with tears. “Shut up…” she whispered.

Miss L glared at her. “What?!” she asked.

“I said, SHUT UP!” Chaerin said.

Miss L widened he eyes. “How dare you talk to your mother like that?”

“I know you’re just using me,” Chaerin said, lowering her voice again. “And I regret that I let you use me.”

“What are you talking about? I’m not-“

“STOP LYING WILL YA?” Chaerin shouted. “Dara’s right. I wanted to feel loved. I badly missed Dad. And when he died, I wanted to be closed to you, since we weren’t that closed. But you shun me away. You always reject me. I wanted to show my love to you but you always scold me saying you’re busy. But I never gave up and instead showed you more love. And to do that, I followed everything you want. I noticed that every time I achieve something you want me to achieve, you feel the happiest. You hug me even though half-heartedly. But right now, I’ve had enough of it all. I started to wonder why you hate me so much. I stated investigating…” Chaerin paused. Miss L gasped. “I found out that you really aren’t my mother. My mother died when she gave birth to me. And Dad met you. And you found out that Dad already had a child when you two were already married. When he brought me to you, you hated me so much but you couldn’t hurt me because of Dad. I also found out that you used Dad, because we’re wealthy…” Chaerin stopped and glared. “Do you want me to continue and tell you what more I know?”