At the Brink

First Romance

 

Dara and Jiyong were listening. But both of them didn’t have an idea how this is connected to them. This is obviously a family matter.

While Chaerin was explaining, Dara kept on trying to get free from the post where she’s tied. But the rope on her wrists was really tight. She gave up and listened more.

“THOSE ARE LIES!!!” Miss L said.

Chaerin shook her head. “Between us two, you’re the one lying,” Chaerin said and continued. “But eventually you fell in love with Dad. I’m the happiest person because you weren’t using him. Until one day, he died. But it wasn’t because of illness. All this time, I believed you. I believed that he died because of sickness. Since it was you who said it, I believed you. But you betrayed me. From my investigation, I learned that Dad was having an affair with a woman. And that woman was actually…” Chaerin paused and stared at Jiyong who slowly lifted up his head. “…Jiyong’s mother,” she said then turned to her mother again. “You caught them having at our house, and because of rage, you stabbed Dad repeatedly with a kitchen knife until he died. Obviously, the woman, who was Jiyong’s mother, was able to escape. Because you were rich now, you bribed the investigators and the cops to keep the incident a secret and tell everyone that he died because of heart failure. How stupid of me, right? I believed every word you said.”

Miss L kept silent.

“Jiyong and Dara. I want to apologize to the both of you because I dragged you into this,” she said, tears endlessly falling. “Mom used me. She said she’ll kidnap you two for my sake. Because she actually loved me. Because she said that you betrayed me. But in this case I was the one betraying you. She just wanted to take revenge by kidnapping you, Jiyong. She plans to kill you parents too. Especially your mother. But she started with you.”

Dara was dumbfounded to talk. But she saw that behind Chaerin, two new guys were actually going to catch her. But she couldn’t warn he. She was too speechless.

Chaerin was caught by one of the guys and pointed a gun on her head.

“I knew this would happen,” Miss L said, clicking her tongue.

“Me too,” Chaerin said, smirking. She immediately elbowed the guy’s guts and when she broke free, she kicked his groins. She immediately snatched the gun from the guy who was already on the ground, holding on to his groin. “Don’t come near me,” she warned, pointing the gun to the remaining three of Miss L’s men.

“Oh, I’m scared,” Miss L mocked but immediately stopped when Chaerin shot towards her direction, just missing Miss L’s head for a few inches.

“You should be,” Chaerin said.

“You couldn’t kill me,” Miss L said.

“Do you want me to try?” Chaerin said, in the same mocking tone as Miss L just used. And shot another bullet towards her, missing her head again just a few inches. “Now, don’t come near me.”

Chaerin slowly walked backwards towards Dara. Jino, the scar-faced guy took a step forward when Chaerin shot his shoulder. Jino fell to the ground.

“I told you, don’t come near me.”

She already arrived to Dara and went behind her to untie the rope on her wrist. “I’m sorry, Dara,” she whispered.

On the process of untying her, another of Miss L’s men hit Chaerin on the head with a paddle, causing her to fall to the ground unconscious.

The guy who did that got the gun from Chaerin and went in front of Dara, pointing to her the gun. Dara just stared at him. But she was already untying the rope on her wrists which took her too much time.

“Let Jiyong go,” Miss L said. Dara was shocked. She thought she already had a change of heart too. When Jiyong was untied, he fell to the ground, weak and limp. “Stand up, Jiyong,” she said and pressed something. A beeping sound was heard. “This warehouse is going to blast off in five minutes. So for the meantime, fight for your life,” she said, smirking and motioning the other remaining guys. They started to fight against the pitiful Jiyong who couldn’t even return a punch.

“Come on, boy,” one of them said.

“Don’t be a coward.”

“Hurry up; we’ll die in here together if you won’t fight back.”

Dara was fast to untie the rope on her wrists. The one who was pointing the gun on her was preoccupied with the fight happening behind him that he didn’t even notice. She hurriedly untied the rope on her feet too and was able to be free finally.

Miss L saw this and panicked when she saw Dara running towards poor Jiyong. “Shoot him!”

The guy who was supposedly guarding Dara with a gun pointed on her turned towards the empty pole and saw Dara running towards Jiyong. He immediately turned to Jiyong and pulled the trigger.

What happened next was rather a shocking incident. At the same time that the guy pulled the trigger, Dara was able to block Jiyong from being shot. She was shot on her shoulder.

“DARAAAAAAAA!” Jiyong shouted, as if not hurt at all. He crawled towards Dara who was slowly, closing her eyes. He examined her wound. The wound was gushing too much blood. “DARA, WAKE UP. STAY AWAKE!”

Dara smiled weakly. “I was able… to save you. I’m… so… happy…” she whispered.

Miss L was rather shocked. “Hurry, hurry. Escape!” they weren’t supposed to kill Dara. Her only motive is to kill Jiyong, not Dara. But because of the incident, she was now panicking and her men were escaping with her too. When they reached outside, they were met by the police and four young girls and boys. Miss L only recognized T.O.P.

“Don’t move an inch,” the cops said. Miss L, along with her men had their hands up in surrender. The other cops went to arrest them; the others went inside to save Jiyong and Dara. Bom, Seunghyun, Taeyang, and Sohee followed them.  Upon seeing Dara’s bloody body in Jiyong’s arm, Bom’s hand flew to . Sohee cried. Taeyang tried hard not to cry and instead hugged Bom close to her. Seunghyun ran towards them seeing that Jiyong was too weak to carry Dara on his arms.

 

Her eyes fluttered open. She was met with the bright fluorescent light and the white ceiling. She looked around and saw Bom, Taeyang, Seunghyun, and Sohee on the couch, sleeping. She even saw Donghae and the rest of the band sleeping on the floor. This brought a smile on her lips. She stayed silent for a while. She then remembered something. She immediately sat up causing her head to get dizzy.

“Dara!” Seunghyun gasped. The others woke up.

“Where’s Jiyong?!” she shouted. She stared at each of their faces which spelled one thing – grief.