Taeyang meets the Goddess

First Romance

 

 

“Why, are you attracted to him, too?” Bom said in a teasing tone.

                But Dara wasn’t listening. Like all the other girls, she was staring at him too. She doesn’t even know why. Maybe she was also lured by his beauty. From his outside appearance, he was oozing with coolness.

                “YA!” Bom said blocking her view, surprising Dara.

                “What?”

                “You like him!” Bom said still in her teasing tone.

                Dara just shook her head, then continued reading.

                But Bom was far from giving up. “Oh come on!!! Look at him. He’s oozing with coolness. He’s a good guy, you know? Take it from me. I’m his cousin. At times, I even think of the possibilities if we’re not cousins. Maybe, I’ll like him too? You know, I almost considered it.” Bom laughs.

                Dara didn’t flinch but she was listening. She isn’t moving one word from what she’s reading.

                The bell rang. Everyone settled down. The teacher came in.

                “Good Morning. I will be your adviser; my name is Choi Rye Wook. I’m glad that I will be handling this class. Before we discuss the classroom policies, let’s have your seat plan.”

                The adviser arranged the students carefully. Bom was sitting on the front because according to him, he has heard rumors about her being so noisy and not attentive during class, much to Bom’s dismay. On the other hand, Dara was surprised that the adviser assigned her seat to be beside Jiyong who sat beside the window.

                The class started. The teacher discusses. The students groan and yawn – especially Bom. Dara, nervously fidgets on her seat.

                “Should I tell him that I was the one who bumped into him this morning? He seems unaware. Did he forget?” she thought.

                For the whole day, she was preoccupied with these thoughts. She doesn’t know what to do. Jiyong on the other hand was focused on staring outside, as if thinking of something too.

 

                The final bell rang. The classes for the whole day were finished.

                “YAY! Class is done. Class is done!” Bom sang on top of her voice. “Come on, Dara.” She pulled on her hand.

                “Where are we going?” Dara wondered.

                “Somewhere.” Bom grinned.

 

                Reaching the school gymnasium, Dara can now hear the shoes squeaking on the floors, the ball dribbling, the girls cheering. She now understood.

                “I’m not going in there,” Dara said pulling her wrist from Bom’s grip.

                “Why? Let me introduce you to my cousin,” Bom chuckled.

                “No!”

                “Oh my gosh! Look who’s blushing.”

                Dara covered her small face with her hands. She felts her face heating. She knows she’s blushing.

                “Okay, fine. Let’s negotiate. I will not introduce you to my cousin…”

                “Yes!!” Dara cheered in her thoughts.

                “…not today,” Bom laughed. But seeing Dara walking away, she added, “I will not tell him you like him.”

                “I don’t like him!” Dara said, a little louder, sounding defensive.

                “Then, just think of it accompanying me while waiting for him,” Bom tried to make her tone serious, but failed. “Well, you know, I live on his house now, so please? ‘Accompany’ me please?”

                Dara thought for a while, but agreed.

 

                As soon as they stepped inside, Dara wanted to step back and go home instead. But Bom pulled her in. They sat on the bleacher. To hide her blush, she grabbed her bag and read her novel.

                “You’re reading that again?” Bom said. She leans in to her ear. “I have something interesting to tell you about Jiyong.”

                Hesitantly, she closed her book, put it beside her, and listened.

                Meanwhile…

                “Oh look at that pretty girl beside Bom. She’s like a goddess. Do you know her?” Taeyang said.

                Taeyang is a transferee. He was an MVP on his past school earning him the title as the most popular guy on their school. He’s the best friend of Jiyong because they were classmates during their middle school years, until Jiyong transferred to his present school when they became high school.

                Jiyong glanced for a while, then gave another 3-point shot on the basketball. “Yep. I know her.  She’s Dara, my seatmate.”

                “What? You two are classmates? Tell me, do you like her? Oh, I don’t stand a chance.” Taeyang said, losing hope.

                Jiyong stared at her, thinking.