First and Forever Love

First and Forever Love

They did not tell anyone directly.  But they wore the rings.  Next time Kim Dong-Hyub met with Colin, Colin noticed it.  “What is this?”

“Commitment ring” Kim Dong-Hyub said.  He did not look at Colin.  Why he felt a little shy, he had no clue. 

“When did that happen?” Colin asked.  ‘This one is going all the way’.  Suddenly, Colin felt he wanted to have whatever they were having.  ‘May be I need to get serious’.

“Few days ago” Kim Dong-Hyub said. 

“Am I supposed to say congratulations?” asked Colin.

“I am not sure what the appropriate response is” Kim Dong-Hyub admitted. 

Colin nodded.  What had started as a superficial friendship with Kim Dong-Hyub had turned into much closer friendship over the two years.  Colin was busy with his band.  So, it was difficult for them to meet frequently.  But they met whenever they could and kept in touch over the phone.

Colin was able to tolerate Han Tae-sun now.  He still liked to irritate Han Tae-sun nevertheless every chance he got.  He still did not understand why Kim Dong-Hyub fell for that guy. 

What do I know?  I am still ing around’ Colin thought to himself.

,,,,,

Han Tae-sun met with Lee Pil-suk.   

She had married her boyfriend last year.  Both Han Tae-sun and Kim Dong-Hyub had gone to the wedding. 

She was as cheerful as ever. 

Han Tae-sun wore accessories all the time so; she did not notice the ring right away. 

“What’s with all the hand waving you are doing?” Lee Pil-suk asked him. 

“Gosh, you are so dumb!” Han Tae-sun said.

Then he showed her the ring and said “This one is new”

“When did we discuss your accessories….OH MY GOD!  OH MY GOD!  OH MY GOD” She clapped in delight, put her hands on and squealed and clapped some more. 

They were in a public place.  Han Tae-sun said “Calm down, there are civilized people here”. 

He had already expected her reaction.  He smiled nevertheless. 

“Tell me exactly how it happened, I want to know every detail” She asked.

“You are kidding right?” Han Tae-sun said.

“ARGGG.  You are so frustrating.  I will have to call Kim Dong-Hyub.  I will call him later.”

Han Tae-sun shrugged. 

“So, you are not going to have a party or something?” She asked.

“Now I know you are kidding” Han Tae-sun said. 

“Why didn’t you call me right away?  When did this happen tell me that at least”. 

“Few days ago” Han Tae-sun said. 

“You should have called me” she pouted.  Han Tae-sun ignored that.

“So, you are going to move in finally?  You are practically living there” she asked.

“No” Han Tae-sun said.

“What?  Isn’t that like you know, married or something…You know, I know..hmm …not legal or whatever …but … “  She always felt bad about that.  Knowing how Kim Dong-Hyub and Han Tae-sun were with each other, it did not make sense to her why they did not have the same rights as heteroual couple. 

“I still need my space.  That apartment is just one bedroom”

“How does Kim Dong-Hyub feel about it?” Lee Pil-suk asked.

“I don’t want to know” said Han Tae-sun.  He knew but refused to acknowledge it.  He needed his own space.  Till they could afford something bigger, he was not going to let go of his place. 

“You are still an ” Lee Pil-suk said.

“I might stay that way” Han Tae-sun said.

…..

Kim Dong-Hyub was not sure exactly how to tell his parents. 

“Should we go together and just tell them?” Kim Dong-Hyub wondered to Han Tae-sun.

“I don’t know.  But, you know, she may not be comfortable in her reaction with me there” Han Tae-sun said. 

“Yeah.  She is going to cry again.  I have no idea why she constantly bursts into tears”.  It frustrated Kim Dong-Hyub. 

“You don’t know why she cries?!” Han Tae-sun asked unbelievingly.

“It is frustrating” Kim Dong-Hyub said.

“Why am I surrounded by dumb people?” Han Tae-sun said rhetorically.

“She worries you will not have a normal life you idiot” Han Tae-sun told him.  'Gosh, this guy is unbelievable!"

“Oh!”

…..

Kim Dong-Hyub visited his parents alone.  His mom bursts into tears as usual.  But this time, Kim Dong-Hyub told her to stop worrying about him.  He was very happy and they will be fine. 

That did not really stop her from crying.  She had always wanted a nice wedding for her young son whenever it happened.  She was not going to have it ever in her life.  She knew she was being selfish.  “I  wanted a nice wedding for you” she said. 

“Sorry mom” Kim Dong-Hyub said. 

“I am sorry baby.  You are happy.  Don’t worry about that.”

“I am still sorry mom” Kim Dong-Hyub was sorry she was feeling disappointed but it was what it was.

……

Year after that, Han Tae-sun had enough money to get the space he needed for the both of them.  Kim Dong-Hyub felt bad that he was not able to contribute financially.  Han Tae-sun waved him off.   

Han Tae-sun had waited to make sure they found an area that was a little tolerant.  Such places were more expensive. 

They did not sell the apartment in the city.  It did not feel right.  They will figure it out in the future.  It truly belonged to his parents no matter what papers said.  Han Tae-sun instead used it as his creative space. 

……

They finally had a party. 

Everyone that mattered came and got very loud.

…..

They were happy.

....

Authors Note: I know I ended slightly abruptly there and did not explore Han Tae-sun's parents side.  I also did not explore Kim Dong-Hyub's brothers relationship.  I did not like them so, I did not want to think about them.  May be I will visit them back and check in.  For now, I need to stop thinking about Han Tae-sun and Kim Dong-Hyub.  I am going to start another fiction soon.  It will definitly star Lee Jong Suk.

Thank you for those who read this and commented.  Your comments meant a lot to me.  Thank you for those who subscribed.  That meant a lot too.  I loved you all. 

 

I hope you will leave your final comments.  I will be checking back.

 

The title of this chapter came from B-reader.  Thank you.