Curious new guy

First and Forever Love

Kim Dong-hyub first noticed Han Tae-Sun when he was goofing around the campus with his friend. The tall, red head was walking alone, with hands in his pocket, had a melancholy face and wore the head phones as if he wanted to keep the world away from him.

Dong-hyub poked his friend Colin and pointed out the guy and asked who he was. Colin is a musician. “Ah him? He is a musician. Supposed to be a genius. Also a snob”

Curious!

“Does he attend our school?”

Colin shrugged his shoulders. “I think so."

They both attend an arts school. This school is focused on high performing students who are likely to one day become successful in their chosen fields.

Kim Dong-hyub dreamed to be a cinematographer. He had been serious about photography from his very young age. Some of his pictures had won him smaller scale awards in the past. His pictures had been published in local magazines. He was by no means famous. He had joined this school to learn cinematography. He was currently working on the school project with a group of students to make a movie. They had been brainstorming ideas in their free time. Colin was part of the project because of music.

Kim Dong-hyub suddenly got an idea. He poked Colin with his feet gently and asked him to find out if that red head was in this school. “You guys can work on the music together for our project. Go find out more”

That irritated Colin. “Why the sudden interest in him? And why should I find out? If you are interested, you go ask him”

“Yah.. I won’t have anything common to talk about. You are a musician. Go find out more”. Kim Dong-hyub pushed Colin. “You will miss him if you don't go now. Go go go”.

Colin grumbled loudly throwing curses at him. He was curious about the guy too. He had just heard about him in passing. Never had really talked to him.

He hurried after the red head.

Han Tae-sun did not notice him till he was almost right next to him. Then he raised his eyes with an extremely annoyed expression.

Colin offered his hand and said Hi. “I am Colin”. Han Tae-sun slowly removed his headphones, looked at his hand, ignored it and said “So?”

Colin just wanted to kick the rude bastard. “That is rude isn’t it? I am just introducing myself”

“Why?”

He pointed to Kim Dong-hyub and said “My friend over there wanted to know if you are in this school”

Kim Dong-hyub was looking at them and waved. Han Tae-sun looked even more annoyed if that was possible. “Why did your friend send you? Why isn’t he asking himself? Are you his minion?”

Colin had no idea why he was taking this abuse. “You know what? You are right. Why should I take this abuse? Nice knowing ya” Rude bastard. He kicked a stone and walked away.

Han Tae-sun smirked, put his headphones back on and continued his walk. He hated random people stopping him when he was listening to music. He was with the music all the time and getting interrupted was the most annoying thing. People around the campus were really friendly. It pissed him off.

Colin walked back to Kim Dong-hyub. “So? Did you find out anything?”

“Ya you punk, I am not here to do your bidding. He is a rude bastard. If you are interested, next time you talk to him directly.”

“What happened?” Kim Dong-hyub was curious.

“Nothing happened. He asked me if I was your minion and refused to shake my hand. I have never met such an unfriendly person in my life!”

“Don’t exaggerate. Also you are my minion” Kim Dong-hyub laughed and punched Colin on his arms. “Ya, I am not your minion and I am already pissed off. So, don’t you start!”

“Also, I am not exaggerating. Try him yourself next time.” Punching him right back.

Han Tae-sun heard laughing. Normally he would not care but the guy Colin was pointing to earlier was good looking. He could not help but get slightly curious and watched that interaction from a distance. They looked like they were having fun. That Colin’s friend had a good laugh.

He shook his head. Looking at good looking guys is a really bad idea. He walked on.

Han Tae-sun was here on a scholarship. They said he was a prodigy. He himself was not sure. He loved music and he loved creating it. His life has not been an easy one. The only escape was music. He also sang at a local club to get living expenses and modeled on the side. He found it slightly easier interacting with people in the fashion industry. There were more of his type there. He did not have to hide himself. But out here is a different world. Having male friends is not the best idea.

……

The second time Kim Dong-hyub saw Han Tae-sun was in the studio at the school. He was passing by after meeting up with Colin and heard music being played on piano. It looked like someone was trying to put together a melody. The Music stopped, there was some writing sounds and then Piano again. Kim Dong-hyub decided to take a peek. Melody sounded sweet & sad to him and he was very curious who it was. It was the red head. He looked very involved in what he was doing and did not acknowledge Kim Dong-hyub for a long while. Kim Dong-hyub did not want to disturb and just stood there waiting for the red head to look up.

Finally he did. “You can’t just barge in here when someone is working”. He sounded really annoyed.

Kim Dong-hyub was apologetic. “Sorry. The melody sounded so sweet & sad and I was curious who it was”

“Now you know who it is, go away”

Kim Dong-hyub laughed. “Colin was right. You are a rude bastard. I just gave you a compliment and you don’t even say thanks”

Han Tae-sun bowed and said thank you in a way that did not sound like he was thanking him at all. “Now go away. I am in the middle of something”

“At least tell me your name. I am Kim Dong-hyub”. Offering his hand.

“If I tell you my name, will you go away?” Han Tae-sun asked with an exasperated sigh, ignoring his hand.

Kim Dong-hyub laughed again. His laugh was bothering Han Tae-sun and he did not want to be bothered by someone’s laugh. Always a bad idea.

“My name is Han Tae-sun. I am busy as you can see.”

He ignored Kim Dong-hyub, wishing him away. Kim Dong-hyub laughed again, not at all looking offended. And then walked away.

At least the guy knows when to quit.

‘Good looking guy. Tall, Great laugh and persistent.  Just my type and definitely the one to keep away from.’

Kim Dong-hyub chuckled once outside the studio. Han Tae-sun amused him. He was really curious why he had such a prickly personality. He will need to find some excuses to get to know this guy. Having him do the background score for the movie would be a great excuse. Kim Dong-hyub smiled to himself while thinking the guy is cute and how come he is not surrounded by girls..

He later found Colin with his guitar on the grounds. There were a bunch of girls listening to him sing. This boy will become famous one day, Kim Dong-hyub thought fondly. They had become friends easily when they both joined the college at the same time. Both had easy going personalities.

Colin played the last two chords of the song he was singing and then waved at Kim Dong-hyub. Kim Dong-hyub waved back and walked towards him.

“Show is over girls” Colin told his audience smiling. They grumbled and left them alone.

“I met Han Tae-sun”.

“Who is that?” Colin asked curiously.

“It’s that red head that called you my minion. Don’t you remember?”

“Oh, that guy. Did he talk? “

“I found him in the studio playing the piano. I think he was writing some music. I barged in. He was rude”. Kim Dong-hyub laughed. “But at least, I found his name.”

“Why are you so interested in him?”

“I don’t know. I am just curious. Plus we need someone to do the background score for our movie. I liked the stuff he was writing. It will be great for us if he can join our team”

“I thought I was working on the music” Colin said with mock disappointment.

“Yah! We need more than one. You guys can work as a team.”

“He does not look like the team type to me. I can’t work with people who are rude.”

Kim Dong-hyub laughed. “We will see”.

….