Chapter 2

His Revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Eunhye was lost in thought as she stood in the kitchen. It had been four days since she went to meet Kris and he had not contacted her. She had not tried to contact him either in fear that he would find her move annoying and refuse the deal.

Worry was ever present in the pit of her stomach.

If they lost the house that they were living in, it would not affect her as much since she did not have many good memories attached to the place anyway.

But it would hurt the two people she loved the most in the entire world, even going as far as crushing one of them completely.

She could not let that happen, she vowed. She promised herself to do her utmost best to get Kris to agree to this deal. Even if she had to beg him for it. 

The oven dinged and she signed as she went to remove the tray from the oven. She placed the cake on the cooling rack.

The back door of the kitchen opened and she turned with a smile.

Her little brother, Kyung, was beaming at her, his hands and shorts muddy. 

"Noona, I found a hundred and thousand and million bugs. I dug and dug. I had so much fun," he chirped, smiling brightly.

Eunhye bent to his height, "And what did you do with the bugs?"

"I left them outside," he declared, "that's their home right? They shouldn't leave their home."

Eunhye's smile dimmed as she noticed the similarities to their own situation, "That's right, Kyungie. Now go wash up. I made cake for you."

"Okay!"

Eunhye's smile disappeared as she straightened. She focused on cutting a slice of cake and plating it. She set the cake on the kitchen table just as Kyung came back.

Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter