Chapter 17

His Revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Eunhye, what's going on?"

Her mother's voice snapped her back to reality and she grabbed the remote and switched the TV off.

The ensuing silence was deafening and her hands fisted as she turned to face her mother.

Mrs Park was pale, and her hands were clutching the back of the couch tightly.

"Mum, I-"

Before Eunhye could get another word out, the doorbell rang. 

Kyung jumped up excitedly, "I'll get it!"

Eunhye followed him after casting a quick look at her mother. She had a lot to explain and with the bomb Kris just dropped, she didn't even know where to begin or what to tell her mother.

Kyung pulled the door open to reveal none other than the man she was thinking about. 

Faced with a man he didn't know, Kyung stepped back closer to Eunhye.

Kris walked to him, and crouched in front of him, "Hello."

"Hello," Kyung answered shyly.

Kris smiled, "My name is Yifan. What's yours?"

"I'm Kyung," he answered, approaching Kris slowly. "Are you the man on the TV?"

Kris pretended to think, "I might be." He straightened and caught sight of Eunhye's mother standing behind them. The older lady had nervousness written all over her face. 

"Mrs Park, can I talk to Eunhye privately? Then we'll explain everything to you."

Mrs Park hesitated, then nodded, "Kyung, let's go have dinner." The boy glanced at his sister, who nodded, "Go on, I'll be there soon."

She waited until her mother and brother were out of reach to turn to Kris, "What the hell is going on?"

The smile that he had given to Kyung was gone, leaving his face blank and eyes hard. "Is there anywhere private we can talk?"

She glared at him but realised he wasn't about to reveal anything. Nodding curtly, she led him to the front parlour. 
A sudden movement at the window caught her eye and she realised that there were people by the gates.

"Reporters," Kris muttered at her back. "I've got guards by the door. They should be able to hold them off, but I would suggest that you avoid going out for the next

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter