Chapter 8

His Revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Eunhye made a to-do list for the day.

Visit the chapel

Call the florist

Call the decorators

Call the caterers 

Call Kris

She bit her lips at the last one. She needed to talk to Kris to get the address of the chapel. She had to see the layout of the place and then plan the decorations according to that. Even the flowers she would order would depend on that.

Sighing, she decided to get the toughest one over and done with.

She dialed Kris's number and waited for him to pick up.

He did, with a curt greeting and an impatient tone.

"Kris, I need to have the address of the chapel. I have to check out the location before contacting the decorators and florist," she told him.

There was a pause, during which Eunhye wondered if he had hung up on her. But then he spoke.

"I'll take you there tomorrow myself," he said finally. Eunhye opened to protest, but he said, "Wait," to her.

She heard his one-sided conversation with someone else, presumably on the phone, telling the other person to clear out his schedule for the next few days.

"No," Eunhye interrupted, "Just give me the address. I can drive myself there."

"It's too far. I'll take you," Kris snapped, "Is there anything else?"

"No," Eunhye bit out.

"Good. Have your passport ready, I'll pick you up at 7 in the morning." He hung up after that.

Fuming, Eunhye dumped her phone on her bed. She could not believe him. He was taking the whole 'be at Mr Wu's disposal at all times' clause to the next level. Passport? They were going by plane? Just where was he planning to get married? In goddamn Africa? If so, he could perfectly find another bloody wedding planner over there.

Eunhye paced angrily. She wanted to call him and give him a piece of her mind. But remembering all that was at stake here, she instead went to her wardrobe, throwing the door open and pulling out clothes at random. 

Eunhye's mother was surprisingly calm at being told that Eunhye was to go on a trip with her clients soon to scope out the wedding venue. She asked where Eunhye was going.

But having no answer to that, she instead said weakly that they had not finalised anything yet and that she would update her mother when they did so. Eunhye felt bad for lying to her. She was planning on sneaking out the next morning, leaving a note stating that she had to leave urgently and was not able to properly said goodbye to her mother and brother.

Kyung however, took the news badly, being near tears throughout the whole dinner. He seemed to believe that Eunhye was leaving him. Ever since he was born, Eunhye had not been away from him for even a day. And so, the idea of not having his noona around hurt and confused him tremendously. He calmed down at bed time, having been promised by Eunhye that she would be back soon and would come bearing gifts.

Sleep was scarce that night.

Eunhye was plagued with the t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter