Chapter 16

His Revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The doorman at Kris' apartment greeted Eunhye politely as she walked past the desk to the elevators. She had just finished putting everything together after she received confirmation from the florist and caterer. She now had to show Kris the final plan for his approval.

This time when she knocked, Kris came to the door, head damp and shirt barely buttoned.

Eunhye swallowed hard and looked past him into his apartment. Was his fiancee here? Was that the reason behind his appearance?

She pushed back her thoughts when Kris stepped back, gesturing her to come inside. She strained her ears, but couldn't detect any noise that would confirm the presence of another person in the apartment.

Eunhye glanced back at Kris and saw him looking at her, no doubt finding her acting strangely. She cleared , "I brought the final proposal with me. If you find everything okay, I can go ahead with it."

Kris nodded, "Come on." They walked to the living room as Kris buttoned up his shirt. Eunhye sat down and pulled the binder out of her bag. She was flipping though it to the right page, when to her surprise and dismay, Kris took a seat next to her. He was close enough that his thigh touched her leg and she drew her legs closer in an attempt to restrict the contact.

Eunhye peeked at him as she handed him the binder, and saw him watching her with an amused smile.

Kris leaned back into the couch with the binder and Eunhye resisted fidgeting, knotting her hands together to keep them still.

After a pause, Kris finally spoke, "It looks good. Go ahead with it."

Eunhye didn't bother to ask if his fiancee would be fine with it. She knew he wouldn't give her a straight answer.

"I need the names of the couple for the banner for the dinner party," she told him.

"That wouldn't be necessary. It's just a small dinner; everyone knows everyone," Kris answered as he stood up.

Eunhye scowled, "It's part of the design." She took the binder back from him and flipped to the page where she had that sketched and coloured with colouring pencils. Indeed, she had sketched a small table, which had a cake displayed on it. Behind the table was a a big heart, bordered with flowers. The heart was the palest glittery pink, with 'YiFan weds _____' on it in white.

Kris gazed at the image silently, until Eunhye spoke hesitatingly, "I put YiFan there, but I can have that changed if it doesn't suit you. Or I can do another banner if you don't like this one. This small table is on the side. There'll be another long table for all of the guests. There are not many guests so I thought it would be better to have everyone seated together. Of course, you haven't really confirmed the number of people. But the table can comfortably seat 20 people, and you said there'll be around 15, so it won't be a problem."

She trailed off, acutely aware that she was ramblin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter