Chapter 6

His Revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Eunhye woke up early the next morning. She made bacon and eggs for breakfast, and left some in a warming plate for Kyung and her mother, and had her first cup of coffee for the day.

After a warm bath, Eunhye settled in front of her laptop to assemble an initial plan for the job.

The job. That's how she was going to think of it. She was going to treat it as her normal jobs. She was definitely not going to think about Kris getting married to some stranger that he was in love with.

"Damn it," she cursed as her thoughts strayed to the area she had vowed not to think about.

She made a mental note to ask him the date of the wedding. The date the job was to be executed, she corrected in her head. Normally, she would have all the important details and she blamed Kris for her breaking her etiquettes of work.

She started her list, listing the staples of a wedding.

Flowers

She drew to a blank after typing the first word. She had no idea what Kris and his fiancee had in mind. Were they going to have a beach wedding, a garden wedding, a simple ceremony but a grand reception? She did not know and without knowing she could not put anything on her list. 

Usually after signing the contract with her clients, she would meet up with them to have an initial discussion about what they had in mind and what they preferred and she would draft a proposal based on that. But with Kris saying that she would deal only with him and not his fiancee, she tried to minimise the amount of contact that she would have with him and opted instead to come up with a plan and simply mail it to him.
But now she could see that would not be possible. She planned according to her clients' needs and she did it fabulously and it simply not in her to come up with ideas at random without knowing the preferences of her clients.

She took a deep breath and decided to call Kris. 

He picked up on the second ring. "Eunhye," he said instead of a greeting.

She ignored the tingles that ran along her spine at his voice.

"Hello, Kris. I need to meet up with you to discuss the ideas you have in mind. What time would you be free?"

"I'll text you an address. Be there within the hour," he said and hung up.

She scowled at her phone and cursed the damn clause which stipulated that she had to work at his convenience.

Her phone pinged with an incoming message.

Grumbling, she got up and packed her laptop and what she would need and went to get ready.

Eunhye told her mother that she was off to meet her clients. It was the truth. Only she omitted the name of said clients to avoid sending her mother into shock.

20 minutes later, she reached her destination. It was an apartment complex.

She was stopped at the security desk and she told the guard her name and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter