Chapter 14

His Revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Back in her room, Eunhye let out her breath. 

She looked around, feeling the walls enclosing on her.

On impulse, she dropped the towel and pulled a pair of shorts and a shirt from her closet. 

She hurried downstairs, and spotting their clothes strewn on the floor, drew to a stop. The pressure was building in her chest again, but she moved quickly, picking up the clothes they discarded hurriedly last night and dumped everything in the laundry room, before making her way outside.

As always, she went to the cliffs. 

As she watched the waves crashing against the rocks, she saw herself there. She was a wave, and Kris was a rock. She would shatter, should she crash into him.

Tears were hot in and behind her closed lids, but she would not give in to them. She had learnt the hard way years ago that tears solved nothing. 

She was not aware how much time she had spent standing there. The sky darkened steadily, indicating an impending storm. Slowly, she made her way back to the villa, prolonging the moment when she would have to face Kris again.

It turned out she didn't have to worry about seeing him.

Urgent meeting. Will be back for dinner. Your laptop and phone are in your room.

Well, she thought bitterly as she crumpled the note she had found pinned to the fridge, she only had to sleep with him to make him 'trust' her again.

Abandoning her search for a snack, she made her way upstairs, where indeed her laptop and phone were on the bed.

She sent a quick text to her mum, assuring her that she was doing well and would be back soon, before getting to work.

She called up Mira to relay her contact details and got ready to go into town to meet with the chef for their afternoon appointment.

***

Though the village was not far away, the darkening skies made her opt for the car. She declined Mr Jung's offer to drive her, stating that she knew the way. In no time at all, she parked in front of the cafe.

The chef directed her to a private room where a table was set with an array of dishes. 

Eunhye sampled and tasted a bit of everything, and made a list of the dishes she approved of. She would run the list by Kris so that he could approve of the final menu. 

She stopped by Floral Essence since she was in town anyway and was told by Mira that her suppliers had the required flowers in stock, but would confirm the quantity soon.

She then stopped by the shops to buy gifts for Kyung. She expected her work to be done here, though she would have to be back closer to the wedding day to oversee everything.

Because the thought of Kris getting married filled her with pain, she pushed it aside and set on finding something for her mum.

***

By the time Eunhye reached the villa, it was past 6 in the evening. The house was dark, so she concluded that neither Kris or any of the staff were back yet.

She searched the pantry and fridge to decide what to make for dinner. Settling on pasta, she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter