Chapter 5

His Revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Eunhye reached home, feeling utterly drained by the events of last night and this morning.

Her mother and brother were out shopping for Kyung's school supplies since school was starting next week, so she had the house to herself.
She was glad of that; she didn't feel like she had any energy to maintain a happy facade in front of her family.

She opened the storage room and switched on the lights. She was about to do something she hadn't done in the last 5 years.

She tugged the big storage container out of the room. Sitting cross legged on the floor, she opened it.

Her heart tugged painfully as she was hit with memories.

She picked up a snowball and shook it; the snow was falling beautifully on top on the dancing ballerina and her partner. Kris had given that to her for their first Christmas when she hadn't been able to spend Christmas with him due to her internship in her father's company. 

Eunhye placed it aside on the floor and continued shifting through the box.

She pulled up a brown diary next and put it aside without looking through it. She knew what it contained. Pressed between the pages were the flowers Kris had given her during the years they had been together. Eunhye had saved them, from the single roses to a blossom from the extravagant bouquets, and she had printed the dates and occasions carefully at the bottom of the page. Most of them had 'random' written, since Kris used to surprise her with flowers at all times.

She stared at the jewellery box in her hands. Hands trembling, she opened it. It contained all the pieces of jewellery Kris had ever gifted her, from a necklace with her favourite amethyst stone, to... her engagement ring. She had out it away 5 years ago. She didn't have the heart to throw it away since the ring had been a family heirloom of the Wu's. She had intended to return it to Kris, but with everything that transpired after their break up, she hadn't found the time and weeks later he had disappeared of the map without a trace,

And now he was back, she thought, closing her hand over the ring tightly, and about to get married at that.

Eunhye battled back tears. She could not afford to be weak right now.

Taking a deep breath, she continued. She took out his jacket and resisted the urge to bury her face in the soft material. His scent would be long gone by now, but not the memories.

Eunhye was rushing to reach the coffee shop where she was supposed to meet Yifan. Her father had been in a particularly bad mood today. Being the boss's daughter did not mean that she was given special treatment. In fact, her father had bellowed at her in front of her whole team about a typo she had left in her report. By the time the meeting had ended, Eunhye was near tears and the rest of the staff were throwing her sympathetic looks.

Yifan was already seated and waiting for her when she arrived. 

"I'm so sorry," she apologised, "the meeting ran late and traffic was insane."

Yifan smiled, "Hey, it's fine. I already ordered. You look beautiful."

Eunhye blushed, "Thank you." She knew she was not looking her best. She was dressed in a black pencil skirt and a white blouse. Her hair was limp from being out in the heat all day and her face showed the signs of ex

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter