Chapter 10

His Revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The ride to the villa was short and quiet.

Eunhye was still unsettled about the kiss. Kris had kissed her, yes. But she had responded with equal, if not more, enthusiasm. And they were in the chapel he was going to recite his vows in. 

Eunhye closed her eyes tightly. She could still taste him on her lips, still feel the pressure of his lips on her own, still feel the sensation of his thumb rubbing circles on her waist. Her hands fisted as she fought the need to squirm. Next to her, Kris was the perfect picture of coolness. Had she not witnessed his reaction to their shared kiss herself, she would not have believed him to be able to respond the same way to her as before. 

It looked like the spark (more like fire, really) of their past relationship was still there. Well, thought Eunhye, she would do her best to stifle it. She could not have anything to do with Kris. His past betrayal aside, his impending wedding was looming over them.

They reached the villa and Eunhye felt everything wash over her. She wanted to be anyplace but there. The place where they had spent so much time, made so many memories. She did not expect to be there ever again.

Kris was as impassive as ever as he strode quickly to the entrance, and Eunhye walked quicker to keep up with his long strides.

At the doors, the staff were waiting for them. Eunhye recognised none of them. She remembered there used to be a housekeeper and wondered what happened to her. They all greeted her and Kris politely.

Kris nodded and walked in ahead after instructing the staff to show Eunhye to her room.

One of them walked Eunhye to a room. It was beautiful and overlooked the bay where she could see several boats tethered there. The room was unfamiliar to her though, since she had always stayed in the master bedroom previously, the room where Kris was staying in. 

Her room had a little outdoor seating area and she stepped out and leaned on barrier, admiring the view ahead of her.

She sighed, trying to make sense of her thoughts and feelings. Her mother was back home in Seoul and was probably worried about her. She would try Eunhye's cellphone and get no answer because the girl was currently without her phone or laptop.

Feeling a headache brewing in her head, she stepped back into her room and decided to take a nap.

The sun was setting by the time Eunhye woke up. Groggily, she reached for her phone to check the time when she remembered it wasn't with her. She got up and showered and dressed in an oversized sweater and tights.

Felling her grumbling stomach, she headed downstairs and to the kitchen. The housekeeper was horrified to find Eunhye in there and shooed her to the dining area, after telling her that dinner was in  minutes anyway.

To her surprise,  Kris joined her in the dining room. Eunhye was already seated and after a slight hesitation, he took the seat across her.

Dinner was quiet. Eunhye couldn't find it in her to break the awkward atmosphere and instead opted to concentrate on her plate.

She broke the silence while their plates were being cleared by the housekeeper.

"I'll ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter