Chapter 4

His Revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Eunhye's face blanked as she took it all in. She was aware of Kris looking at her, waiting for her to react to the bomb he had just dropped on her.

Married? He was getting married? After pretending to be in love with her and staging a wedding just to acquire her fortune, he was now getting married?

A mass of emotions were churning inside her and she stifled the urge to bolt. She mentally put his revelation aside to think about later and critically analysed the situation she was in. If she refused his proposal, she would lose Mystic Leaves and she dared not think about how this would affect her mother. On the other hand, if she went ahead with this, she would only be subjecting herself to torture; the torture of seeing Kris with the girl he was going to marry when 5 years ago, he was going to be waiting for Eunhye at the altar.

She took a deep breath and looked him square in the eyes, "Alright, I'll do it."

"Perfect," Kris clapped his hands sharply. "What about some dessert to celebrate that, hmm?" He asked, with an amused smile that did not reach his eyes.

He called the waiter in and placed the order for their dessert.

Eunhye tried to sort out her thoughts as she ate spoonfuls of tiramisu. Across her, Kris was the perfect picture of calm, even looking somewhat amused at this whole situation.

They finished their dessert and stood up to leave.

"I'll need to you to come to the office tomorrow to sign the contract," Kris said as they walked to the parking lot.

"Contract?" Eunhye asked. As a wedding planner, she was the one who usually made her clients sign a contract, detailing a brief outline of the clients' requirements and the payment involved. So she was surprised that she was going to have to sign one.

"Yes, one with a privacy clause and a non-disclosure agreement," he answered.

Eunhye grimaced, "Don't you think that's a bit too much?"

"It's not when you are a public figure. I want to keep the details of my wedding private."

Eunhye ignored the pang in her heart when she heard the words 'my wedding' coming out of Kris's mouth. She nodded, "Okay, but you need to sign one as well."

Kris waved his hand dismissively, "Have that ready as well by tomorrow. We'll go over them at my office tomorrow."

Eunhye nodded and unlocked her car, "See you tomorrow, Kris." He only nodded and stood by as she got in her car. Only when she started to drive away did she see him get in his own car. 

By the time Eunhye finally showered and dressed in comfy clothes, it was nearing midnight. She sighed tiredly as she pulled her laptop to her and started editing the standard contract that she had to fit the agreement she had with Kris. 

She faltered when she reached the section where she had to input the clients' names; she did not know the name of Kris's fiancee.

She hesitated as she typed out a message to Kris. He would most probably be asleep right now. but she hoped he wou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter