Chapter 18

His Revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Later that night, Eunhye laid in bed, her mind full of what had transpired during the day.

Kyung had surprisingly taken the news of his noona getting married well. Though that could be attributed to him being a child unaware of the true implications of a wedding.

Kris didn't love her- of that she was sure. She had no idea how he figured that Eunhye was at fault for the financial losses he went through five years ago. If they were keeping scores, he definitely surpassed everyone by cheating on her and aiming for her inheritance on top of that.

Alone in her bed, she could finally admit to herself what she had been denying since the day she saw Kris again. She was still in love with him. Not the man he had become now, but the man he had been with her- caring, loving, attentive. Seeing him again and being with him in such close proximity had brought everything back.

In the last 5 years, she had not dated anyone. She had explained that off with her being busy setting up her business or looking after her mother. But it had been because of the hurt and pain she had experienced over Kris.

She was not delusional. She knew that Kris being back in her life had nothing to do with them, and everything to do with his need for revenge.

Only the fact that her mother and brother would be living a safe and happy life was pushing her to go ahead with this. After all that her mother suffered, she deserved to have everything that made her happy, and Eunhye would ensure that she got it, regardless of the cost to her.

***

They had heeded Kris' advice and limited their outings. Kyung was excused from school by his principal, who agreed that the reporters would create disturbance for other students and school personnel.

It was a few days after the press conference and Eunhye hadn't heard from Kris since. The whole thing still felt absurd. She kep hoping that she would wake up and all of it would be a dream. But seeing the smile and happiness on her mother's face reminded her that this was indeed reality. She hadn't expected the news of her wedding to Kris to bring so much happiness to her mother.

Her phone pinged, bringing her attention to it.

'I'll pick you up in half an hour.'

It was from Kris- with no added explanation. 

She scowled at her phone. His high-handedness infuriated her and she threw the device on her bed.

Despite not wanting to, she was ready when the doorbell rang.

Not wanting to invite him in, she hastily called out goodbye to her mother and closed the door behind her. 

"Where are we going?" She asked when she settled in the car. There were only two reporters standing near her gate now; they had all given up when they realised Eunhye and her family would never talk to them.

Kris did not answer her. She resisted the urge to snap at him and instead stared out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter