Chapter 3

His Revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Eunhye nervously smoothed out the dress she was wearing and she fidgeted with her appearance in the mirror. She was second guessing herself for agreeing to that dinner, especially at a place where Kris and her had a history.

In the background, she could hear her mum and her brother laughing about something and that strengthened her resolve. She was doing this for them, and not herself and that meant she had to put aside her own anger and pain.

She picked up her purse and double checked everything before leaving her room. She went to the living room, where Kyung was with their mum, both of them immersed in a crafting activity. Her mum looked up when she arrived.

"You look pretty, Eun. All the best with your meeting," her mum wished. Eunhye nodded and managed a smile. Her mother thought she was meeting with her clients to discuss about their wedding. Eunhye couldn't tell her who she was meeting and where. Mrs Park would only worry herself to death about the outcomes of the meeting. It was enough that Eunhye was sick to the pit of her stomach with worry; she did not want her mother to fret as well.

Bidding her mother and brother goodbye, she went to her car and took the familiar route to the restaurant.

Eunhye stepped inside Romancio and was greeted by the maître d'. She stated Kris's name and waited as the man scrolled through his tablet before calling a waiter to Eunhye.

"This way, ma'am," he promptly announced, gesturing for Eunhye to follow him. She did and she gulped when she notice where he was leading her.
It was a private dining room, one which she and Kris had often dined in.

The man held the door open for her to go through and Eunhye saw that Kris was already seated at a table set for two. Gripping her bag tightly in her hands, she took small steps forward.

The man moved to pull Eunhye's chair for her, but Kris waved him off and stood up himself, rounding around the table to assist Eunhye.

She swallowed hard; she could feel him behind her, his presence radiating heat as he brought her chair back in just as she was taking a seat.

He walked to his own chair, seemingly casual, just as the waiter came back in with the menus.

"Good evening, Eunhye," Kris greeted coolly. 

"Good evening, Kris," Eunhye's greeting betrayed none of the swirling emotions inside her, at least she hoped so.

In unison, they both opened the menu cards.

Eunhye flipped to a random page, taking none of it. She was trying to keep herself composed, going over what she would say to get Kris to agree inside her head. He had to agree to her proposal. True, it would take Eunhye a lot of time to pay off the price of Mystic Leaves but that would be advantageous to Kris, right? There's nothing more he'd like than to have Eunhye indebted to him, albeit in monetary terms. But then, he was a businessman; and a shrewd one at that. Why would he agree to an unprofitable deal when he could make much more money selling Mystic Leaves to the highest bidder.

Eunhye was shaken out of her musings when Kris called out her name. She raised her eyes from the menu card to find him looking at her inquisitively.

"What would you like to have for dinner?" 

Eunhye then realised that the waiter had come back and was waiting to take their order. She shrugged in response, because she truly had not looked at the menu, "I don't mind."

Kris turned to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter