Chapter 1

His Revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Eunhye clenched and unclenched her hands on the steering wheel. She was trying to muster the courage to step out of the car.

She turned her gaze to the towering building casting a shadow on the parking lot.

To think that this building once housed Park Corporations, her father's business which she would have inherited eventually. And now it was the Seoul headquarters of Wu Enterprises, governed by none other that Wu YiFan, or rather Kris Wu, as he preferred to be addressed as in the business world.

It's now or never, Eunhye, she told herself as she stepped out of her car, her jaw clenched saw tightly it hurt.

Locking her car, she strode to the grand entrance of the building.

If all went well, maybe she would not have to sell her car.

As the elevator ascended to the 21st floor where Kris's office was located, worry began gnawing at Eunhye.

The elevator doors opened and she stepped into the sleek reception area. It had changed drastically since she had last been here. The dark green walls had been changed into an off-white colour. Instead of its previous welcoming look, it brought shivers Eunhye's body. She couldn't help but compare the walls to the owner, cold, hard and unyielding.

Walking to the receptionist, she feigned an air of confidence as she stated her name and purpose, "My name is Kang Hyejin, I have an appointment at 10 o'clock with Mr Wu."

"Just a moment, ma'am," the receptionist checked her computer screen and smiled, "Yes, Mrs Kang. Please, have a seat. Mr Wu will be along shortly."

Eunhye thanked her and went to sit on the couch. She was apprehensive of seeing him again after so long, and was not even sure he would be willing to talk to her after discovering that she had booked the appointment under a false identity.

Suddenly, the enormity of what she was going to do dawned upon her and her hands started shaking. Her stomach growled, reminding her that she had skipped breakfast in her nervousness.

Trying to compose herself, she stood up and walk to receptionist, intending to ask her where she could find some water.

As she waited for the receptionist to get off the phone, she did not register the elevator dinging behind her, signalling the entry of the very man she was waiting to meet.

Just as the receptionist got off the phone, the individual approached the desk, "Good morning, Miss Kim. Please send my 10 o'clock appointment to my office when she arrives."

Eunhye froze upon hearing his voice. Every fibre in her body was telling her to turn tail and run, but her feet remained glued to the floor.

The receptionist smiled, "Morning, Mr Wu. Mrs Kang is right here." She gestured to Eunhye.

Eunhye had no other choice but to turn and face Kris.

She watched as recognition dawned on his face before his eyes hardened. She maintained his gaze steadily, masking the fear that thrummed through her body.

"In my office, now," Kris snapped before turning on his heels and marching to another elevator next to the one she came through in. It was a private elevator leading to his office, if she recalled correctly from her visits to her father's office.

The elevator ride was silent and thick with tension. Eunhye dared a glance at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter