7----

The Thread Of A Literary Masterpiece

 

The members let themselves in and each one of them chose their own spots in Sandara’s petite apartment. They easily got comfortable and noticed that the place was very organized except for the pile of papers looking like it could burst at any moment.

 

Sandara was hyperventilating inside. Being with Jiyong already made her spazz and it took a lot of control not to fangirl in front of him. But at this instance, the challenge is how to overcome her inner thoughts when all she wants to do is scream and maybe harass them a little – hug them, perhaps steal a kiss from them and force them to jump with her. Big Bang members, all of them are inside her freaking apartment, visiting her!!!

 

Let that sink in and if you were in Sandara's place, would you not have thought of the same thing? Mind control. Mind control. The only two words Sandara could chant in her mind. She could act normally. She convinced herself after her failed attempt at creating an effective mantra.

 

She brushed aside her selfish thoughts, ashamed of even thinking such a scandalous idea. “This is awkward for me guys. I’m going to start by greeting you all. My name’s Sandara. Nice meeting you all.”

 

To her surprise, Big Bang greeted her back with so much enthusiasm, “Good afternoon. Sorry for bothering you in your house. We're Big Bang.”

 

Seungri, being a sly maknae couldn't help but ask Sandara, “Dara. Can I call you that? I'm a little bit jealous Jiyong hyung tried to hide you from us. Do you like him? Is he your bias? Wait, on second thought, maybe I'm your bias.”

 

Sandara blushed with Seungri's questions, being in a hot seat with his all-time favorite band is no joke. Before she could answer, Jiyong reprimanded the maknae because he noticed Ssantoki's uneasiness. “Yah! Maknae. Stop asking her questions like that. All of you shouldn't be here, act like you're all invisible. This is between me and Sandara.”

 

Subsequently, Jiyong wrapped his hands around Sandara and asked her where they could talk privately.

Should we find a place where these punks wouldn't hear us?”

 

Jiyong we came here for her. Shouldn't we join in the conversation? After all, we're part of this now.” TOP joined in, sneakily suggesting a devious idea just so he could be in the know with the gossip of the 'century'.

 

Daesung kicked Youngbae's foot to signal him in convincing his best friend. Ji trusts his best friend too much, sometimes it's scary what Youngbae might suggest.

 

Ji, we should hear your decision. And manager hyung even allowed us to come here, he must have a valid reason and that is for us to help you just in case.”

 

 

Ji nodded, defeatedly, his best friend has a point. “Ssantoki, we're going in Sydney in two hours. I just want you to know that whatever we have between us, I'm serious about this. Can I – can I ask for your cooperation? I thought about this when I was waiting for your texts. I've put up plan A to Z if you don't agree with what I would suggest now.” Jiyong paused, afraid that Sandara might decline his offer.

 

Ji, time is ticking, just say what you want to say!” Daesung piped in to push their leader with whatever he wants to say. He knows this is difficult for him.

 

Jiyong was too nervous he didn't have time to scold Daesung's remark.

 

He continued, “I've already told you before, I know this is going too fast but I want to work this out. I talked to your advertising agency and I found out you're the only creative writer in your company. That's quite a burden because you handle so many accounts. So, I made a deal with your company. Saint Laurent and I have been partners for awhile now and I requested your expertise in the field, you're coming with us in Sydney because you're going to write about the tour.”

 

By the time Jiyong was finished, he was out of breath already while his dear friend Ssantoki don't know how to react. 

 

He is acting like a boyfriend right now, like he already put a claim on his and Sandara's relationship. “Ssantoki, is that okay with you? Maybe I overdid things because as I've told you I want to spend time with you, to get to know you better. If you're worried about your brother Sanghyun, I arranged that he would stay at my friend's place here in New York so that he could proceed with his studies. He would be well taken care of. But if you want, he could also come with us and I would find a way for him to continue studying, and---”

 

In the end, Sandara's reaction stupefied Jiyong. She hugged Jiyong while telling him, “Jiyong, I'm so thankful for what you did.”

 

The Big Bang members whistled with the scene in front of them and Sandara immediately dispersed from the hug.

 

But I don't think I could take up your offer. You're doing too much. We only met last night and we've shared a lot of secrets. But that doesn't mean you know me already and vice versa? Perhaps, right now, this is what you want. But what if you suddenly change your mind?”

 

Jiyong understands the hesitation in Sandara's eyes. He's aware of what happened to her but he's not going to tell Ssantoki that he knows why she is refusing right now.

 

Sandara, I did not make this decision just because I know you. Saint Laurent have been asking me for years about some kind of a feature for their issues. I'm strict with work and trust me when I tell you I was impressed by your creations. I did not decide just because I'm attracted to you. I decided because I saw your skills and talent. You are a great writer and you have no way but to go up.”

 

She was not surprised with this revelation. Jiyong was always serious when it comes to work. He prides himself to be professional and he knows just the right time to have fun. Her heart fluttered at Jiyong's compliment, maybe she's a good writer, who knows.

 

Could you give me some time to think about this? I haven't told Sanghyun that I met you. I honestly don't know what to do right now.”

 

Take your time Sandara, I've booked a flight for you tomorrow. If you're agreeing with this set up, someone would fetch you. I would leave the driver's contact number here. I'm not going to force you into something you don't want, so don't be pressured.”

 

One last time, Jiyong hugged Ssantoki, as if it's the last time he would see her. He took one sniff of her scent, still Musc Ravageur with a mix of lavender chamomile. He would miss this and he hopes Sandara would say yes.

 

The Big Bang members felt sad for Jiyong. But they know Sandara just couldn't take her life away just because Jiyong asks her to. It maybe a good deal but as she said, everything was going too fast.

 

Their hearts ached when they saw their leader space out all throughout the flight, silently sobbing. He got it bad and he got it good. There's no question about it. If they hadn't met Sandara they wouldn't have known what their Kwon leader saw in her. But right now, they could see, Sandara has a pure heart and she genuinely cares for their leader. She's indeed like an angel. The problem is, they also saw the hesitation in Sandara's eyes, like she's afraid to take another step. Would she be able to bridge the gap or would she stay in New York?