4---

The Thread Of A Literary Masterpiece

Before Jiyong get completely dazed with the woman standing before him, he managed to ask her, “You're a VIP right?”

 

Way to go Jiyong. Way to go,” he chanted in his head. What a stupid attempt at starting a conversation with the woman who could very likely be his girlfriend. He was pressured when he did not hear a reply from the woman in front of him.

 

He waved his hand and there's no reaction coming from the girl.

 

Hello, miss? Are you feeling dizzy? Let's go inside a cafe somewhere, you look like you would pass out.”

 

Jiyong offered his back to Sandara and the girl could only numbly follow. Sandara was too starstruck with the guy and hearing him talk to her just make her heart melt into bubbles, still shaped with a heart. This is an ultimate fangirl's dream and she's living it at the moment.

 

When they reached the coffee place, Jiyong requested the staff of the cafe for a warm towel. He wiped certain parts of Sandara's face to ease her pale face. It was good that he learned key points on where to wipe during his training days.

 

Sandara finally calm down after 10 minutes of being comforted with the piggyback ride Ji gave and she shyly and seriously told him, “Sorry to trouble you. I know you're already tired from the concert. I think I could walk properly now.”

 

Then, Sandara heard Ji laugh, a genuine one. She knows about this because she saw him laugh half-heartedly before, and tonight, it's different. She could see the twinkle in his eyes, too handsome for a fangirl's weak heart. Sandara wished she could've taken a video of it but that would be embarrassing after what occurred just seconds ago.

 

I'm sorry for laughing, you were just too adorable. But I don't think I'll let you go easily after what happened. Why don't we order and take this time to get to know each other?”

 

In Sandara's made-up fantasy, this would've happened but right now things are escalating at a rate unknown. Having no idea where this would lead to, heightened her fears.

 

You do know that I'm a fangirl, right? Not just any fangirl but a hardcore one. Aren't you the least scared of the thought of spending time with me? I could do some serious damage to your image and that's the last thing I would want to do,” she honestly told him, hoping to make him go away because she knows her put-up barriers could be destroyed the more she spends time with this adorable dork. She just feels that talking with Jiyong tonight would completely destroy her, cause she knows she would be left behind and no one would pick up the poor pieces of her fragile heart.

 

Why are you so scared? I know I would sound like an arrogant jerk, but I'm here and I want to know more about you. Don't think for one second that I'm not aware that I'm your bias, I saw my face just now in your phone's wallpaper.”

 

This is too surreal for me Ji---GD. Oh, God I don't even know how to address you, how is this going to work?," as she face-palmed herself, ashamed that she even stuttered while talking to him.

Just act like how you would normally talk to your friends. It's just me.”

 

She blow up a frustrated sigh because Ji is not getting the situation at all, “You're so oblivious, you know. I'm just a stranger to you.”

 

What's your name then? By knowing each other's name, I say we would be achieving step one of getting to know each other,” Ji eagerly replied. Sandara knew Ji would only pester her and she wouldn't even have the chance to escape.

 

So, instead of fighting, she replied dejectedly, “Sandara. Sandara Park.”

 

Wait, are you Korean?”

 

Yes, but I have long forgotten how to speak the language after my parents died.” It was too late before she realized she gave out too much information.

 

Even Jiyong didn't know how to reply as he awkwardly patted his neck while saying, “I apologize for prying too much. It's just that, you might laugh at why I'm so interested to know about you.”

 

That statement brought a tinge of curiousity to Sandara, she thought, why on Earth would Jiyong be interested in her? It's more rational that she fangirls just by watching their music videos and his occasional appearances on his participation on shows like Superman Is Back, not the other way around.

 

Jiyong paused before giving his explanation, “Well, you see I noticed you during the concert because of your perfume.”

 

He continued after closing his eyes to sense the smell of Musc Ravageur again, “I have this habit of catching other people's scent and it's one of my weaknesses. I happen to know you wear the same perfume as mine.”

 

Sandara's reaction was a pure look of disbelief and she tried hard to prevent herself from reacting too much but she ended up bursting into a fit of giggles before asking, “Why do you have that kind of weird habit? I never pegged you as some kind of freak.”

 

I maybe a freak but it's one of the things that allures me to other people. If they smell good, it's like I'm trapped communicating to them.”

 

Now, you sound like a psycho,” as Sandara once again burst into laughter and immediately wiping the tears that formed in her eyelids.

 

She noticed that Jiyong became quiet, probably uncomfortable now that his secret is out in the open. She felt compelled to add, “But that makes the two of us you know. I think I've diagnosed myself psycho where you are concerned.”

 

When silence still ensued between the short distance between them, Sandara went on, “I don't want my work right now. I'm stuck writing all these advertisements, something I loathe even when I was still in college. It's just a stepping stone before my brother finally gets to graduate. Someday I'll have to pursue broadcasting but it's not yet the right time. When the going gets tough, I only think of you and how hard you've work to where you are now and I feel inspired more than ever, only looking forward to positive things that may happen in the future. What you told me right now, it means so much to me because you trusted me with something you never even mentioned during your interviews. I'm probably telling you some non-sense right now. But I just want you to know you're the inspiration to my life as a writer. I even get to write poems just by hearing the songs you've written through the years.”

 

Jiyong's heart felt entirely warm, he knew Sandara was honest just by the look on her face. He instinctively wrapped his hands around hers which brought electric shocks through his body, “Sandara, thank you for telling me that.”

 

He breaks the contact and looks away, “The past 3 years of hiatus had been rough for me. I felt pressured to make the best music for my fans and I was lost. They always tell me I'm a genius when it comes to music, but what if I'm really not the person they've always told me? What if it's not really the songs they appreciate and just the concepts of the fan service we deliver?”

 

Jiyong, look at me. Your songs are great. If it hadn't been for your songs, I would have probably turned to suicide just to escape my ed-up life.”

 

Then, I guess it's really destiny that we met today Ssantoki? Can I call you that? My Ssantoki? You really look like a cute rabbit.”

 

They talked about many things, their family, personal dreams that they still want to achieve. The staff from the coffee shop approached and told them that they are about to close.

 

Sandara knows her fairy tale is about to end when they went out of the cafe. She turned her back and put her hand on her chest, to prevent herself from crying. This was just too good to be a dream for a fangirl like her. For all it's worth, the pain was more than welcome to reside in her heart. How could something be so beautiful and painful at the same time?

 

As she was absorbed with these thoughts, Jiyong stole a kiss on her forehead. And before they finally part ways, “Sandara, I sneaked in my number in your phone. Contact me please. If you don't contact me, I know I'll still find you. We'll figure this out.”

 

It felt like everything was a blur. Jiyong promised. Jiyong would fulfill it. She knows because he's a man of his words. He would see Jiyong again. But what are the chances that this encounter would blossom into something more than a friendship?

 

She knows Jiyong was comfortable talking to her, end of story.