Chapter 21----

The Thread Of A Literary Masterpiece

Sandara inherited Park Corporation, will she be able to handle it?”

 

Is Sandara the right person to continue the legacy of Park Corporation?”

 

Park Corporation's legacy under threat with new CEO Sandara”

 

Park Corporation appoints new CEO”

 

Who is Sandara Park, Park Corporation's new CEO?”

 

Sandara hailed as new CEO, Park Corporation stocks dropped down”

 

Korean newspapers featured Sandara, seconds after she was announced as the new CEO of the Park Corporation. To complicate the situation, investors are pulling out from the company because they are highly aware Sandara doesn't have experience running the business.

 

A group of investors filed their statement with regards to drawing out their investments from Park Corporation,

 

Lives more than jobs are at at stake here. Our companies are well-aware of Sandara's inexperience in the field of business and Park Corporation doesn't handle only one. In fact, we invested in Park Corporation in 2012 with its reputation in fashion, cosmetics, and real estates. We believed, at that time, that partnership with them will lead the completion of our vision to give everyone access to their needs at the quality and price they deserve. It was always a win-win situation for both the companies and our customers. However, with the current circumstances, we regret to say that we already cut our relations with the Park Corporation. The new CEO, Ms. Sandara has no experience in business. With regards to that, we cannot risk anything and decided before it's too late to let go of the opportunity to work with Ms. Dara, for better or worse.”

 

Sandara was looking intently at the statement. Though it pricked her heart, she knows the companies are only protecting what they have. Who is she anyways that they should risk their investments?

 

Ji, maybe I should've given the company to somebody else. Maybe, my uncle is right –--”

 

Jiyong cut off's Sandara's sentence midway. “You can do this. Many people will help you run the Park Corporation. Even your harabeoji fully supports you.”

 

Sandara, in her breaking voice replied, “I've been a writer all my life. That's what I want to do. My position right now only burdens me and lets me think of what ifs. What if I fail at this Ji? I'm risking the jobs of all the employees under me.”

 

You're not a burden. This is really your company. If you weren't kidnapped by your uncle, you would've followed this path. You would've been here and no one would complain. Stop thinking about what you can't do and focus on what you can do. Learn the things you don't know yet and improve on it.”

 

I agree with Ji, Sandy. This is your place. You belong here. You are my granddaughter and there's nothing I will not do to protect you,” Sandara's grandfather said.

 

Thank you, harabeoji. But I don't think that all of the things you and Ji said should be the reason. I have to do something to make our investors come back,” Sandara worriedly said.

 

I think I have the best idea on what to do about that Ssantoki. We don't need those investors. They need us and it was their decision to go so we're opening the stocks to those who want it.”

 

Who would want me as a CEO anyway?” Sandara asked. Investors who pulled out their investments deserve to feel threatened about the state of company. She has no experience whatsoever. Even though Ji and her grandfather has so much faith on what she can do for the company, she can't stomach the fact that she has no confidence in herself.

 

Ssantoki, continue studying about the company and in no time you'll be able to master the basics and move on from there,” Jiyong said.

 

Her grandfather added, “That's right Sandy, continue learning together from Secretary Kim. He knows what you need to learn and the things you can say during the press conference in three days.”

 

After their meeting, Sandara learned various terms and things she need to do for the company. Secretary Kim started teaching her the jobs of the employees and she even did the sewing herself when she visited the factory.

 

By the end of the day, she was so tired but she's thankful that she could at least keep up with her 'lessons'. She doesn't want to disappoint her grandfather and at the same time she wants to make things better for the employees. She needs to make her own mark in the company. And even if this is the case, she still wants to continue being a writer.

 

She should be able to handle both or else she'll have half her heart somewhere else. She needs to prove she can do this. Those were her last thoughts before she went off to dreamland.