10----

The Thread Of A Literary Masterpiece

Sandara slept like a baby, dreaming of her illusion almost as real. There, Jiyong held her hand, making her feel secured from the harshness of the world, and most of all she felt loved.

 

When she woke up, she referred her experience from the lines in the song Lies (2008) of Big Bang - “Everything's going to be alright, isn't it? So damn, why am I crying?”

 

She cried for the umpteenth time. Her eyes were too puffy and she felt like she needed some sleep again to gain back her strength. She's missing her brother. She cried for the possible effect of her decision. After this, she made a vow to herself, that whatever happens during the World Tour, she will live her dream and reach for the stars even if it meant that she's only going to be Jiyong's friend.

 

From the connected doors, Jiyong could see Sandara's silhouette. He heard her crying and assumed she was probably missing her brother. He couldn't bear to see her tears but she needed this time for herself.

 

He did not want to impose more on her, to stop her from crying. He paused significantly, wondering if he should call her for breakfast.

 

He decided it was for the best to stray her away from negative thoughts.

 

Ssantoki, are you awake already?”

 

Yes, Ji. Am I going to start working today?” Sandara wiped away her tears, not wanting for Jiyong to see her in such a weak state. She needs to be strong. He gave her a chance to ignite once more her passion for writing and this time with lots of perks by being with the band.

 

Jiyong transferred himself at the sofa in Sandara's room and casually said, “Yes, our manager together with the band will brief you about the key points of the data you should gather from us. Don't worry about it, the members are too excited to share everything you need to know. For now, we'll power up.”

 

Oh. Thank you. I haven't thanked you enough, you know that right? I'll find a way to repay your kindness someday. Right now, I can only promise to do my best to write about everyone.”

 

Jiyong can't help but ruffle Sandara's hair because of her cuteness. She's really an angel, his Ssantoki. He couldn't help but have a certain protective affection to the little 'creature', a goddess in disguise, too innocent for his erted mind.

 

Let's go. They're waiting for us downstairs.”

 

Jiyong and Sandara went to the dining area exclusively reserved for Big Bang.

The breakfast went well, except everybody was curious about Sandara's life. As usual, Seungri lead the 'investigation', he has always been the voice of the group, “Dara, how was your work back in New York? What do you usually do?

 

Seungri, being a girl's man kissed Sandara's cheek as a morning greeting. This gesture didn't go unseen by Jiyong and he was throwing daggers at his 'beloved' maknae. The maknae just shrugged and pretended not to notice Jiyong's warning as he also sat beside Sandara, wanting to resume his police work. His hyung is so possessive of Dara but until they get together, there's no harm in pissing of his hyung.

 

The conversation was back on track when Sandara replied, “I'm a copywriter at Catalytx. I usually proofread every collateral before it goes to production. At times, I join meetings so that I can write for their printed advertisements and commercials.”

 

That's a really tough job. It's a good thing I chose singing instead of writing. I don't have the knack for it so I am really eager to see your output on this World Tour,” Daesung thoughtfully commented. He also did his research on Dara's company website and he saw her outputs. It will pass as an excellent portfolio. He knew, setting aside Jiyong's attraction with the petite girl, they made the right choice of trusting their bonus on their upcoming full album.

 

Seungri, not yet contented, continued on, “Dara, you're the only writer there right? I saw your works and you really handled a lot of projects, must be tough for you huh? Why did you choose writing advertisements as your job anyway?”

 

One of Dara's fears already came. How would she answer such a personal question? She felt uncomfortable and a target prey waiting to be hunted. She hate lying and she did not want to do it at the moment.

 

She sighed, trying to make the words less vulnerable than she already is. Jiyong was about to interrupt her but she decided it will help the boys to trust her more. Writing is also a mutual thing so sharing something about her will help her to communicate in a personal way.

 

I really wanted to be a journalist before, to run where the news exist and to report about it.” She paused, her eyes looking profound, halting the crashing tears that was about to come.

 

But my brother and I needed money and I found it in advertising. I love writing but not the kind that I did when I was working in Catalytx. Sometimes I don't even see the products and I write about it, praising the products that are about to be out in the market. Those were the times I wished I can change my job. What I hate most about it is that I lie to people, enticing them to buy things. I don't think I can say that I absolutely hate it because it is what made me survive for the past two years. So I guess, it's a 50-50 for me when it comes to my job.”

 

TOP, usually the quiet one piped in, “That's really tough. At least you'll get rest for a while. We don't say things just for the fans to like us. So, you're assured that you won't have to lie when you write about us.”

 

And Dara, thanks for sharing that to us. We know it was hard on you.” Youngbae smiled after telling this to Dara. He knew she was adjusting to the environment and she was doing pretty well even though they can also see she's such a shy person.

 

Seungri stood up and hugged Sandara. “Don't worry unnie. From now on, we'll always be together and you don't have to be sad anymore.”

 

Seungri's speech was heartwarming, if only he did not add, “For sure you'll like writing things about us, who wouldn't? Hehe.”

 

After Seungri's little fiasco, Daesung pinched his ears. “You're such a brat! Don't forget to write that Dara. You should destroy our Seungri's reputation so that the girls will not go near him anymore.”

 

The rest of the group joined in trying to tickle Seungri. Sandara laughed at the view. In spite of her growing fear, she knows that the time she will spend with the members will be such a fun ride.

 

Let's go Ssantoki! We're going to explain what you need to write about us.”

 

When they were all settled in the meeting room, the faces of the members turned serious.

 

Big Bang's Manager, Soonhoc started the meeting.

 

Sandara, I'll get to the point as we still have a sound check in a few hours. You'll have to write about the experience of each Big Bang member all throughout the World Tour. It is entirely up to you how to put up all their ideas. We still don't have a specific theme for this but the only thing you have to remember is the basic question on what fans want to hear about the members. You're a fan yourself, so we will put our full trust on you on coming up with studies on how we should approach this. This will be a special bonus to the fans who will buy the full album.”

 

Jiyong added, “Of course, you'll be entitled to go wherever we go. If you have questions to us, you can always ask. All of us need to cooperate with you. As a suggestion, I guess we will put off our made-up character. We want the fans to feel the real us. We are not saying that we weren't real in the past, it's just that a lot has changed since then so we want the fans to still be in touch with who we really are.”

 

And if you are adept at what fans want to know about us maybe we can do something about it. I once researched about myself just to know what my fans liked about me most, and I ended up seeing pairings of me to the rest of the group. I know it's going to be awkward, but maybe we can also clear that up or do some funny things to make those specific fandom cheer,” said Youngbae in a coolly tone though he inside his mind he was slightly protesting. But if they will do it for the fans, he can bear it.

 

So noona, we're going to try hard to speak in English so you'll understand us. You'll also have this automatic translator device when we speak in Korean," Seungri added.

 

TOP stated, "You'll also have a specific day to spend with us. Each member will prepare something to introduce himself to you."

 

Daesung continued giving Dara information, "You also have to go with us when we're out with friends. You can mention them in your write-up. I think fans also like to know about these things."

 

Sandara was trying to absorb all the information. She already have an idea but she thinks it's not yet the right time to bring it up. She'll have to observe first how everything works around the concert.

 

I think I'll observe first. Maybe we can set up a date to present my ideas. For now, I'll learn how you guys work before, during and after the concert. Will that be fine?,” Sandara commented.

 

That concludes our meeting, we'll give you 3 days Sandara. I'm sure you'll present a lot of ideas. I'll be leaving you with the guys while they prepare for the concert. Join them during their sound check. You can sit in the left area of the stage and later on, I'll be reserving a VIP seat for you. Don't waste your 2 hours break guys.” Big Bang's manager said before he went out and do some errands for the concert.