Chapter 22

The Thread Of A Literary Masterpiece

*A short update*

 

“Hey Ji! Come back here. I still need to check on something,” she shouted while chasing after Jiyong who sneakily stole her laptop away from her lap.

 

Jiyong stopped but still guarded the laptop away from Sandara.

 

“I don't want to give this back to you,” he replied with a pout.

 

Sandara looked frustrated and hell bent on retrieving her work from Jiyong's grasp but she knows she couldn't when her 'mature' boyfriend is acting like a kid.

 

“Give me 10 more minutes to send reminders and reply to client emails,” she pleaded and used her Ssantoki puppy eyes.

 

“I won't fall for that anymore, Love. You used that strategy many times I lost count. I just don't want you to be overworked. Ever since you replaced your harabeoji, you don't have time for me anymore. But the worst thing is, I don't see you having time for yourself and I don't want you to spend your life being absorbed about work,” Ji replied in all seriousness.

 

Sandara sighed and gave up. They both watched a movie and the silence between them is making her uncomfortable. She didn't want to reply to Jiyong. She don't know how to answer him. She does not even know herself anymore. What is she now?

 

She stopped writing to learn everything about the company. How come she does not know what to really feel about the situation? Will it be regret letting the writer in her die down as she concentrated on saving things after all their investors went berserk after finding out she will replace her grandfather? Or will it be relief, for finding her family and knowing that her brother will have a bright future and that she can only continue helping people through staying in the company?

 

She did everything to make a change in the company. She feels like she owes everyone, especially the fans who supported them and fund raise to buy the shares from her company. It's one of the reasons why she can't seem to stop. Work. Work. Work.

 

After that, she didn't feel like doing anything aside from making sure that everything is working out fine. It looks suffocating but she enjoys what she is doing now. It might not be what she pictured for her future but it definitely fits her personality. She likes taking care of people and through the company, it has been possible for her to organize charities. The only thing she regrets is neglecting Jiyong. Amidst all the enjoyment and being a self-confessed workaholic, she forgot that there's a boyfriend who worries for her.

 

She's glad that he stayed with her through the chaos. He loves her so and for that she will always be grateful.

 

She turned to check on him and saw that he's already fast asleep in her lap.

 

“I love you, Ji. Thank you for staying by my side,” she whispered as she planted a kiss on his cheek.

 

How lucky is she to go home and have Ji waiting for her? Too lucky she thinks and every single day that everything is perfect is also the same day she's waiting for something to destroy what she enjoys now.

Why is it that people want more when they don't have enough and when they have enough they worry about someone snatching it away from them? Those were her thoughts as sleep took over her system.