15----

The Thread Of A Literary Masterpiece

Like all artists, paparazzis were bound to speculate about Sandara and Jiyong's relationship. 2 weeks of staying at the Kwon Leader's house is surely a magnet for disaster.

 

It all started when a fan tweeted that she saw a woman being too close with their beloved oppa and even stayed at their oppa's house! The fan added that they were too sweet to be just close friends. Knowing their oppa, he's not much of a talker and he rarely show his smiles, aside from few people who are deemed important for him and the occasional smiles he lets fan view during concerts and interviews. That one tweet cause a mix of reaction from all the supporters of G-Dragon. Sasaeng fans of course had to confirm the truth and even went as far as taking pictures from the overlooking rooftop of Jiyong.

 

The news became widespread, Dispatch and other newspaper outlets had to meddle with the issue and went to the house of the star asking for an interview. By the time Jiyong and Sandara found out about the 'news', they were trapped inside the house waiting for the singer's manager to fix the problem. Jiyong took charge in closing all the curtains and spots that paparazzis may come in. Sandara was instructed to stay in his room just in case someone might go overboard just to take pictures in his house.

 

It happened before and it might happen again.

 

Sandara was more worried about Jiyong's popularity. It is known all over Korea that an artist's worth decreases the moment people know that he or she is in a relationship. The reliability of this statement is yet to be tested. But the thought of testing and confirming it brought shivers down her spine. It is happening again. If she happens to destroy Jiyong's image, she'll really begin to believe that she's an incarnation of Shiva, destroyer of the world.

 

Both Sandara and Jiyong's phone blasted with text messages and calls. Everyone was worried about them and to have a new relationship struggle with an outbreak created by social media, are the lovers prepared for a rough ride?

 

Jiyong could only blame himself for his carelessness. If he hadn't insisted that they go out of his house, pictures wouldn't have been taken. He should've been contented with being Sandara. Now, his Ssantoki will be pressured with all the news that are about to come out. He wonders if the media and his fans will ever get tired of knowing if he's currently committed to someone.

 

There were many things at stake now that people are beginning to question if he's single.

 

First, his honor, because he just recently admitted he was single. Even though he will tell other people he fell in love recently, they will not understand him and will undoubtedly throw negative comments on why he had to lie.

 

Second, his scheduled guesting and upcoming concerts might be delayed or might go on without him. The thought of putting a halt to his singing career until the news die down brought a prick in his heart. Singing had become his life and to momentarily stop it because of such news is simply unacceptable. He knows YG will do anything to protect him. But at the controversial rate the news is going, the sasaeng fans had gone all-out with their accusations. Though he trust loyal VIPs to not be affected, there's still an underlying fear if they will understand his feelings or convince him otherwise that his decision is wrong. His thoughts went through the gravity of how much he also cares for his fans. They shouldn't meddle with his decisions but to unintentionally hurt them will put a burden in his heart.

 

Third, the pressure of being forced to make a public statement to what he considers as a personal matter irks him the most. It's just something he considers as medieval. Yes, with the age of technology everything had become easy to know but the fact that the things you don't want to share is not exposed when you want it to be that way still stands. It's like exposing a wound, letting it be examined for a long time and not allow it to heal.

 

Ji, what did your manager tell you?,” Sandara asked while fiddling with her fingers, a habit of hers when she gets nervous.

 

We just have to wait for him. I'm not yet sure what he wants me to do.”

 

Then, Jiyong continued, “I'm sorry. It was my fault. You didn't want to go out but I insisted.”

 

It's okay Ji. I had fun when we went out,” Sandara assured Jiyong that she is not blaming him for what happened.

 

When Jiyong's manager came, he was instructed to make a public statement. He already foresaw this 'duty', to make everything valid for the sake of his fans and the media.

 

Jiyong, you have to tell the media you're still single. Sandara is our writer so she needs to spend time with you. I think that's the only valid reason we can think of. Even YG agreed to this and will stand by your statement.”

 

But hyung, why will I lie about this? I finally found her and I have to keep quiet about it. I see no reason why I should hide it,” Jiyong exasperatedly replied.

 

Will it be okay for you if fans suddenly horde Sandara? Are you going to take it when you see fans throwing stuff at her? I know it's just a possibility. But you being a famous personality here in Korea might be a bigger obstacle for Dara. You have to do this for her.”

 

Jiyong contemplated at what his manager said. He hates this society. He was surprised at how he found the situation too unbearable. It made him loathe being an artist. But at the same time, it made him feel panic-stricken about their future – his and Sandara. Almost all of his life were spent trying to change the 'norm' and right now succumbing to such is a disgrace to himself – his pride to be specific. But he will do anything for his Ssantoki, even if it means he has to keep up with the circus facade his manager is forcing upon him.

 

He slowly went out of his house, delaying to make a statement and grudgingly planning how to keep up with his emotions. He has to put on a smile instead of irritation. It's the only way to appease these ravenous monsters who keep on pestering him with every little detail about his life instead of focusing on his music.

Of course, he had contributed to this craze and it is impossible that this formal way of doing things can easily be changed. For now, he can't fathom any reason to not do as they wish. The society he lives in is so ed up and he has no power yet to rebel or fight against it. After all, it is in his best interest to continue lying to the media and for his fans.

 

Flashes of camera met him the moment he opened his door. The media were all over him, and he can't wait to be over and done with this bull.

 

He was immediately bombarded with questions, “Who's the girl who was caught in your house? Is she your girlfriend? You just recently said you were single, were you lying all this time? When did you meet her? Who is she?”

 

He cleared his throat and said, “Sandara Park is writing for the release of our new album. In order for her to do that, she needs to spend time with me and be familiarize with my routine. She's also going to spend time with other members.”

 

He finished off his statement with, “I'm still single.”

 

After that, media were instructed to go. They got what they want.

 

Jiyong dived in his sofa, exhausted after over-thinking on what can happen.

 

Jiyong, we have to wait for the articles. We instructed them to write it positively. But we are never sure on how they will play this one. It has been a long time before they got proof. Before, they always only speculate about you and Kiko. Right now, they have the upper hand,” his manager said.

 

The statement of his manager put a frown in his face, “What are you trying to say?”

 

The CEO decided Sandara will stay at Seungri's house and to other houses of your co-members. That way, we will stand firm with our statement. We have to play this right to clear your image and to protect Dara.”

 

I never cared about my image hyung. I'm just following for Sandara's sake. She doesn't need to experience this crap from the media.”

 

Jiyong's manager tapped his shoulders and began to smile a curious smile at him, the sheepish smile of secret conspiratorial consent. As if Jiyong understood, he nodded in approval. They are part of media and they have to play by its rules, for now.

 

Jiyong has a deep-seated trust to his manager and he has no doubt that he will be allowed to spend time with his Ssantoki secretly. He has developed something mutual with his manager, a bond of something akin to brotherhood. His supposed cowardice upon lying to the media will soon be buried in ashes. He has to fight with all his principles. The only thing he needs to remember – he loves Ssantoki and he'll do anything for her.

 

When his manager finally called it a night, he went to his room and found Dara sleeping. He caressed her face and notice that she was whimpering, maybe from a nightmare.

 

He immediately woke her up. When she opened her eyes, he was able to breathe in again. For a moment, he was terrified that something bad happened to her.

 

In her bedridden voice, Sandara said, “Sorry. I might have slept waiting for you. Is everything fine?” Sandara noticed the tireness in Jiyong's eyes.

 

Everything's fine now. We'll just have to wait if the media really believed me.”

 

Jiyong hugged Sandara, not wanting to discuss further about their problem. For now, he wants to soak his mind and body with only thoughts of Sandara. Being in Sandara's arms is a safe haven and he doesn't want to be the one to tell her she has to go for a while. He can't bear the thought of not being able to keep up with his promises. It dawned on him, he can't protect his Ssantoki yet. He can't show her to the world even if he wanted to.

 

Sandara, on the other hand didn't want to push Jiyong to tell her what happened. For now, she'll be content lying in his arms.

 

They both fell asleep with heavy heart. The difficulty just began and many things are yet to come.