13----

The Thread Of A Literary Masterpiece

 

1 month passed and Sandara was still in a daze. To say that her dream came true was a total understatement. Jiyong proved to be committed in his quest to conquer her heart, as if she has not been smitten by the man in the past few years – only now she can verify whether he really acts like a kid when in a relationship.

 

For one whole month, Jiyong had consistently brought her flowers and to her surprise, they all are colored pink. Who would've thought he took the time to research about what she wants? And if that can't melt a girl's heart yet, he serenaded her with the Butterfly song.

 

Every time I come close to you (every time I'm kissing you)

Feel like I'm gonna dream every time (I get butterfly)”

 

He occasionally throw compliments, from basic things like how her hair looks good, how talented she is when writing poems and articles, and even how she makes his day when he sees her smile. He may not know how to cook but he sure as hell know what to order. Most of the time he may look like he doesn't care, but he cares too deeply sometimes it's scary for the Kwon leader to be attached to someone.

 

He's a real gentleman. During their concerts, Jiyong made sure she's seated comfortably with snacks and he even winked at her during the concert. For sure, fans assumed that during the concerts, Jiyong was winking at them so there's no problem with him doing that. But it still felt like they can be busted any minute and her heart cannot stop racing knowing he risked being caught. As always, he gave his best during their performance together with other Big Bang members. They really are sensational when it comes to their music and fashion sense. A group has yet to bring down their built empire, a Big Bang empire only they can demand.

 

Jiyong, he's not afraid to wear his heart out even when he gets teased by s and even the crew. At times, out of the blue he would tell in front of a YG crowd that she needs to rest because she looks like she will pass out and will scold his manager for tiring her. She smiled at that thought, she's not even singing and dancing in front of a large audience and he's the one who is worried about her when it should be the other way around.

 

Ssantoki, I brought you breakfast,” Jiyong said, holding a tray full of pancakes, sausages and whatnot – foods she can't possibly eat by herself.

 

What's with you lately? You should take care of yourself instead of me. Compared to my work, yours demand a lot of physical exhaustion,” she said. Sandara was worried that Jiyong is not getting enough rest because he's taking care of her. The reality is, she's not a baby. But she cannot deny that the things he does make her feel extra special. She feels like a princess.

 

Don't worry about me,” Jiyong replied while flexing his arms out. “I'm strong so that I can take care of you and myself at the same time.”

Jiyong trying to act cool doesn't not lessen his points in her heart. He was just too adorable and hot at the same time. He can be mysterious and crazy at different instances.

 

She don't know how long she can pretend she's not fazed with everything that he's doing. But if she says yes, she has to tell everything to him, the past she's not so proud of. Whether or not his view of her changes, she also has to be brave enough to embrace this challenge. Jiyong did so much for her she feels like a coward for not meeting him halfway. Today, she has to make a decision – to be his friend or a be his lover in all its glorious sense.

 

Are you sick Ssantoki?,” Jiyong inquired.

 

She noticed she barely touched her food. She's feeling uneasy lately. Every little thing Jiyong does become a painful reminder of her impending doom. But her alter mind is convinced Jiyong will still accept her. In that dimension, she feels comforted. However, the dominant thought in her mind is that Jiyong's view of her will drastically change.

 

If he decides to walk away, at least she'll have the three months they spent together as a wonderful collection of memories.

 

Everything's going smoothly, too smooth for her liking. It's always a reminder that each time she experience a taste of euphoria, a bitter taste comes along, right after when she lets her guard down. And even though she wants, needs, silently prays for her pessimistic side to look at the brighter note, there's still a nagging and hollow feeling in her heart that this peacefully sailing boat will meet a raging storm.

 

Ji, after your rehearsal, can we go out somewhere we can talk privately?”

 

Jiyong was enthusiastic when he heard Sandara. It's a first time she initiated for them to go home.

 

Sure, where do you want to go?,” he replied.

 

Maybe, we can just eat dinner outside? Anywhere you want to eat.”

 

Okay. I'll make reservations at Gerry's Grill. That's your favorite restaurant, right?”

 

Again and again, Jiyong never fail at trying to understand her. How can this man be real and attracted to her?

 

The day passed so swiftly and it was time for them to go at Gerry's Grill, Sandara can feel her legs shaking. Jiyong noticed it too and he immediately removed his jacket and put it on her.

 

Dinner passed in silence. Jiyong didn't even notice the awkwardness hanging in the air because he was too overjoyed that his Ssantoki is finally showing signs of responding to him.

 

And even if Sandara didn't respond, he will still continue pursuing her until he convinces her to say yes to him. He's not perfect himself. He smokes, drinks alcoholic beverages, and indulge reading and watching visuals. For Sandara, he will attempt at being the right man for her. He just needs to be patient and something's telling him it's going to be worth it. It's fine because he loves her.

 

Ji,” Sandara's attempt at starting a conversation.

 

I have to be honest with you.”

 

Silence filled the air.

 

Wherever I go, black clouds come all over me. My relatives are hell bent on making my life miserable. They have a valid reason though. I'm the reason why my parents died. If only I agreed to an arranged marriage, they would still be alive. If I hadn't insisted on what I want, we would still be living in luxury. My parents had to choose between me and my relatives,” she sobbed, still feeling the pain of loss and regret.

 

My relatives wanted to take care of Sanghyun but he only wanted to be with me. They somehow agreed that I can stay just to pacify Sanghyun. But the first week was very hard for me. Selfish as it sounds, I can feel the gravity of grief my relatives, it was like their emotions were burning holes inside my heart and I just can't take it. I decided I want to be independent and when I can afford, I'll take care of Sanghyun,” she said, almost expecting Jiyong to hate her. She's selfish and she's highly aware of that.

 

I think I did it. Sanghyun's with me. But the burden of my parent's death and the hate of my relatives will always forever be with me. I want you to know this because I don't want to come to a point when you'll blame me for my insecurities. I always see it happening in other people's relationships. There's no doubt in me that you'll be a great partner, but I just can't help but think what ifs? What if you get tired of me? What if you suddenly change your mind and not care about all these bull happening in my mind? What if you don't want to hear my woes? What if you want a normal relationship and I can't give you that because once my anxiety spikes I tend to be hysterical? Oh and did I forget to tell you I go to psychologist every single time I'm bothered by my insomnia? Times like that I wish I can die.”

 

Jiyong looked at his Ssantoki. She looked distressed right now. He already knows what happened to her. To expose her weakness, Jiyong felt touched Sandara trusted him.

 

Ssantoki. Ssantoki, look at me. What you said, it didn't change my feelings. I feel strongly for you and after what you told me, it only intensified my heart's desire to be with you. If you'll allow me, I'll carry your burdens with you. Never think for a moment that you'll tire me because having a chance at loving you is more than I can ever ask for. I love you, Ssantoki. Will you be my girlfriend?”

 

Sandara cannot believe heavens created someone like Jiyong. He may not be perfect and receive a lot of criticisms from others because of his style. But he is Ssantoki's perfect match.

 

Yes,” she whispered, tears pouring down her cheeks. She's so loved by Jiyong and for him she's willing to cross bridges. For him she'll stay strong.

 

Jiyong caressed Sandara's cheeks, erasing all remnant of her tears and he looked at her lovingly. They were caught in the moment and shared a slow yet lingering kiss. It's not a promise, but a vow to overcome the hurdles that will come their way.

 

This love, is their love. It maybe shared by two broken people but built to shine and last. And yes, like diamonds, forever.