20----

The Thread Of A Literary Masterpiece

"Please! Ahjussi, let me go!” A woman helplessly shouted.

 

The man in-charge of watching over her just shrugged her off and tried his best to ignore the annoying voice of the woman. He's not sure why his boss delayed killing her. He only cares about the money he'll be paid after this job is done.

 

Ahjussi!!! Ahjussi!!! Ahjussi!!!” The woman tried gaining his attention again, even though her voice is already on the verge of breaking. The stress of being held captive for three days is taking a toll on her. She's not even sure why she's here. They don't ask anything of her and her intuition is telling her that she's about to be killed if she doesn't find her way out.

 

The man decided to put his earphones. It comes handy when the woman is too much to bear. Good thing, he has a vast collection of music playlists on his phone. Only a few more hours and this woman will say goodbye to this world.

 

Where is she?” His boss suddenly appeared with a panic-stricken look on his face.

 

She's still tied up boss,” he replied.

 

His boss heaved a sigh. He looks tired with all the thinking and his sunken eyes is getting worse as each time passes.

 

Am I going to kill her already boss?” The man asked.

 

In response, his boss was enraged and he receive a good slapping from him. The man crushed pulling the chairs along with him.

 

Don't you ever say that again! I will be the one to kill her. I changed my mind. This is the only way I'll get the satisfaction of hurting and eliminating her. Your only responsibility is to make sure she does not escape this dungeon,” his boss shouted.

 

He just replied submissively, “Yes, boss.”

 

He couldn't quite understand why he had to slap him. But he's the boss and he has no right to complain. Just a few more hours and he's out of the picture. His boss is really a jerk but he needs money so he has to this up and accept it as good sport.

 

A news from television interrupted their 'conversation'. The reporter look happy and excited with her news and he noticed the face of his boss turned pale.

 

Sandara Park, the lost heir of the Park Corporation will be formally introduced as CEO today by her beloved grandfather, Daehyun Park. In a few minutes, we will be witnessing history unfold at the Hyatt Hotel in Busan.”

 

And just in time after the reporter announced the big news, the doors opened and Daehyun Park assisted her granddaughter. She is wearing a creamy white dress with frills at the bottom, partnered with a fedora hat. She's a natural goddess who looked like she stepped out of a magazine.

 

But, why is she there? She is here, all tied-up in the dungeon. She is the one screaming for help. For five days, she has been pestering my hired bodyguard to let go of her. So, why is Sandara present in the press conference?

 

He is enraged. He was so sure it was Sandara Park he got. They looked identical. She even mentioned his name. She called him uncle. Everything don't make sense.

 

His legs were feeling wobbly from the fact that, in the end he still lost.

 

I'm pretty sure Sandara, you heard the news. Who are you?” He sarcastically asked the person tied-up in front of him.

 

Didn't I tell you that it will be the last time you'll ever hurt Ssantoki?” The other person replied, his voice gradually changing.

 

Of course, they had it all planned out. There was no way he was letting his Ssantoki hurt again. Even with his eyes blindfolded he imagines the mouth of Sandara's uncle turn agape from this confession.

 

Jiyong?” Sandara's uncle asked, confused.

 

Yes, it is me samchon (uncle). It was hard being here and doing all the whining a woman will probably do,” he smirked, pretty sure Dara's uncle is spooked out from what's happening.

 

How the hell did you copy Sandara's voice, even her face?”

 

My make-up artists are that amazing samchon. I knew you were going to do this. I had to do something. It was my dream to become an actor and I think everything went smoothly, ne?” He replied.

 

Do you think it will change anything?” Sandara's uncle pointed his gun at Jiyong's head.

 

Then he continued, “I'm quite sure Sandara will not survive without you. After all, you're her everything. She will not even care about the money. She'll get crazy just thinking about how you died for her and she will lose her want to live.”

 

Kill me.” Jiyong firmly replied.

 

Sandara's uncle was about to pull the trigger when a gun shot was heard. Jiyong heaved a sigh after. He was too dumb to risk his life on that reply. He felt his blindfold being removed and he saw the police.

 

It was a good thing they got in time before he got killed. He just miss Ssantoki so badly. He will do everything in his power to protect her.

 

When the police guided him outside, he saw Ssantoki. Time stopped. The five days he was inside that dungeon felt like hell. But that's all in the past.

 

He was expecting a hug from Sandara but all he got was a slap in the face.

 

Why did you that? You could've been killed,” Sandara inflicted soft punches on his chest.

 

He replied through hugging her and he sniffed her hair.

 

Feels good to be back. I promise you, I'll be back,” he said.

 

Sandara calmed down and said, “I don't know what I'll do without you. Thank you for coming back to me Ji.”

 

He smiled. His Ssantoki might have been afraid about everything. But all is well. All is well now.