Chapter 23----

The Thread Of A Literary Masterpiece

Every day feels like forever with Dara, that's what Jiyong always believed. However, as each day passes with her so absorbed with work, he's not sure If it was the right decision to support her and steer her in the company's direction. Sometimes he thinks it's his fault for not remembering anything, for not being helpful enough and for not being available every moment Dara needs her.

 

“Ji, you have a photo shoot in 2 hours, don't frown,” her stylist shouted.

 

“But, noona, I'm worried If my Ssantoki already ate breakfast and lunch. I'm not home to take care of her,” Ji replied with yet another frown on his face.

 

“Ji, you've got to slow down taking care of Sandy. Look at you,” she paused, silencing the protest of Jiyong and continued.

 

“You look so thin and so stressed. If not for the amount of make up I put in you, others would see through what you're going through.”

 

“But, noona, you know how much I care for Dee. Sometimes I think I'm too possessive and going crazy with the amount of work she does lately,” he heaved a miserable sigh.

 

“Perhaps, it's time to find once again your passion. You've not been yourself lately and maybe you should give her some space. Take some time away from her and who knows, you might just find yourself more in love with each other,” her stylist suggested.

 

“How will I do that noona? I don't think it's possible for me to be away from her. I have a lot I don't remember and even If I don't remember anything from our past, I always choose her,” his eyes showed sorrow and pain.

 

“But why is that I think she does not really care about what we are and what we can be? I know she did not require me to do the things I did but is it wrong to wish that she would also do that to me? I dream of her taking care of me too noona but I don't think there would be a right time if the company always come first.”

 

Jiyong's stylist feel sad towards his issues but she knows she can't do anything about it. She's also a friend of Dara but she's aware Ji has a point. Her friend got devoured by work and the only thing she can do right now is to watch them overcome this.

 

“Ji, you're up next,” the personal assistant shouted.

 

Today's photo shoot will last for a day. He's partnered with Nana Komatsu, a famous model in Japan. Normally, he would be excited to meet fashion people during shoots and events but right now all he wants is to be with Dara.

 

By the time he was about to give up and just escape the whole thing, the director shouted, “That's all for today! Thank you all for your cooperation, especially with our great models, Nana-chan and Ji-kun. You've made our work easier today. Hope to work with you next time.”

 

 

After Jiyong heard that, he was fast as lightning shaking hands and bowing to all the crew and his co-workmate Nana. It took two hours to get home and by the time he arrived, all lights were out.

 

He thought there's nothing that can hurt him aside from Dee leaving her. But right now, as he was left standing in the middle of their house with all the lights turned off except for one room, he saw the woman he loves so much, happy in another man's arms.

 

“Oppa, thank you for coming here today. It's been so long,” he heard Dee squealed. His Dara. She squealed upon seeing the unknown man. These days she never smiled yet this man did it in just a few seconds.

 

No, he's not angry. Perhaps, jealous because Dee set aside to meet him. Dee finally found a break in her busy time to meet the man he now sees from afar.

 

No, he won't ask and pry. Perhaps, Dee will introduce him, right?

 

No, he's not about to destroy all the furniture. He's not going to do that because he's tired of always chasing, tired of always begging, and tired of always hoping that Dee will notice how broken he is now. When they met, she said she's broken, he still believes in that. But maybe their noona is right, he needs time away from Dee so that he can find himself. He might find his purpose again aside from loving Dee.

 

Perhaps, he need to concentrate on his career or he needs to travel away from everything and maybe just maybe when he's not too broken he can face Dee again.