1--

The Thread Of A Literary Masterpiece

It never occurred to her that she would end up in the advertising world—one that she hated the most when she was still taking up Mass Communication as her course. But Sandara's fate naturally lead her to where she is now, confined in the white walls of her gloomy office and most of the time wondering why her company even design such an appalling place. In her 'creative mind', they were supposed to show the ends of their talents through the reflection of their office. Yet with the amount of blank space surrounding her, she doubts they'd convince investors to flock and spend for their services.

 

Every day, her mind would always drift to trivial things just to keep her mind sane. The thought of being the only creative writer in the company always make her restless. What if she makes a mistake again? She doesn't want to go through the whole process of feeling bad about herself and agonizingly make herself suffer by re-assessing whether she's really a certified writer or not..

 

In college, when she was in 4th year, she couldn't wait to graduate, to finally step in the radio and television industry. That goal of hers lead her to take up Mass Communication, a seemingly bad choice considering that she is in fact, an introvert. But she managed to surprise her family and friends after successfully passing with flying colors. She even got to be part of the dean’s list from 1st year to 4th year. Sadly, she did not graduate with Latin honors because she encountered problems with her thesis. But all is well now and she couldn’t ask for more.

 

Her thoughts were suddenly put to a halt when her office mate gave her an artwork to proofread, an automatic signal for her to start her long and strenuous job. Just thinking about it makes her tired already but she knows she has to try hard to achieve her dreams – it’s what Ji would do, she thought and it made her feel better. Moreover, she needs to keep up with her job to cover the expenses of Sanghyun, her little brother who hopefully graduates on time. 2 years to go and she could finally pursue her dreams. After those two thoughts, she would always snap out of her reverie and face her fate head-on.

 

She happily hummed the tune of Crayon while signing the cd and belatedly scolding herself for thinking that G-Dragon of Big Bang have done the act of signing (autographs) a lot of times – this similarity brought a warm feeling in her heart. At least when she finally gets the chance to meet him, she could claim that giving away their signatures are needed in their job. That shared trait made her giggle. Sandara thought she has a pretty delusional mind, but so what?

 

The time in her computer automatically told her it is time to go. She survived, at least for today. When she was about to fix her things, her boss approached her and told her, “Dara, can you stay tonight? We still have a lot of projects and we need your expertise in proofreading and writing for the collaterals in the Cosmo Event.”

Verbally, she replied meekly, “Yes, boss. I’ll be glad to help.”

However, in her mind, she rebelled at the thought of prolonging her agony in the office. There’s nothing new about this. Overtimes come when you least expect it. She’s just thankful she had no plans for tonight cause it would have seriously pissed her off.

At midnight, her phone almost blew up with all the notifications and she was highly aware of the reason- Jiyong updated his twitter again and that only meant she has something to spazz on and to change her grumpy mood.

Jiyong is like a medicine, a drug you need to take once in a while to make sure you’re fine. Perhaps, that’s why even with her ‘busy’ life she still manages to be part of Ji’s official fanpage. For others, it may seem ridiculous, but hell, it’s certainly an honor for her. She loves to share what’s happening to Jiyong to other fans. She knows how important it is for fans to be updated to continually support Jiji. There’s no salary but knowing it would also make Jiyong happy if his fans are happy was enough reason to make her stay in the group. Whatever makes Jiyong happy, she is all out for it.

She couldn’t help but be excited that in a few days she would finally meet him in the flesh. She exhaust herself in receiving part time jobs in writing and it came to a point where she sold her poems even though she has no confidence whether they were good. She needed money to buy the concert ticket and set aside some extra to buy some merchandise. And perhaps, she would have the courage to give the poems inspired by Jiyong’s composed songs.