A Steady Pace

The Moon and More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yun sighed, staring at her phone for the fourteenth time in the last hour. She didn’t expect she would be so anxious for a call from Jiyong. ‘Maybe he forgot.’ She mumbled and spun her Samsung S3 around on the smooth hardwood table. “He could be busy.” She grumbled and groaned. She rose her head and stared at the ceiling fan’s blades. “Maybe he lost the card.” She whispered, and sat back in a normal position in her chair. It has been two weeks since that day, she felt it was a normal thing for her to feel some kind of hurt that he didn’t contact her when he said he would. ‘Maybe this is for the best.’ She decided.

                Since meeting him Yun did a bit of research on Jiyong, to find out what does he like to do. But she didn’t expect to find someone who seemed to be like honey for the media. ‘Drug Scandal’, ‘Plagiarisms’, ‘Another Drunk Night’, and ‘Weird Fashion’ were the common headline readers she found. ‘How could I have thought it was ok to be friends with someone like this?’ she wondered as she glanced at her laptop screen that was on a basic profile of ‘G-Dragon’ that some fansite had created. “But outside of the press he seems ok.” She remembered how he talked to her. It wasn’t like in his interviews where he had something to almost prove. ‘Cockiness.’ She decided then on the proper term before continuing her thoughts. He was polite once he took off his shades, even shy maybe.

                She remembered when he bit his lip a bit when the cashier put him in an awkward spot. She felt her face warm from memory. “He is a friend.” She scolded herself, Yun exited the gossip site slightly ashamed with herself. ‘He is a friend. I, more than anyone, should know that unless the person said it themselves to not believe hearsay.’ She was about to go out for food when her phone ranged with an unknown number. “Could it be another job?” she wondered, as slid her thumb across the phone to answer it. “Hello?” She asked into the phone, not sure if it was a job related call or a wrong number.

                The person on the other end didn’t speak for a bit but she heard him clear his throat. “Yun-ssi? It is Jiyong.” He said, making her smile at how nervous he sounded. “Oh, Jiyong-ssi, I didn’t expect you to call.” She admitted causing the male to chuckle at her honesty. “I didn’t have much time to call. I have a lot of work to do.” He told her, causing her to almost feel bad for admitting her though. “Well it is ok now.” She said in a soft tone smiling into the phone. “Your voice sounds nice even on the phone.” He said causing her to blush. “Who says that to someone?” She asked embarrassed, ‘Is it because he is an idol that he feels it is ok to be random like that?’ she wondered. Trying to remember if male idols from her idoling day ever acted like that.

                “Ahh, I am sorry.” She heard him say, she imagined he was covering his mouth with his hand from how muffled the words sounded now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                “Jiyong-ssi it is ok.” He heard her say again causing him to feel embarrassed at how attracted he seemed to be to this woman’s voice. Jiyong had to take some deep breaths to calm himself down before he said something else that he would regret. “So what have you been working on?” She asked. He sighed at scratched his head. “I had a photoshoot earlier today with an interview. Now I am trying to find something to eat.” He admitted. “Are you talking on the phone and driving?” She asked in a scary tone that reminded him of a scary school yard nuna. “Bluetooth.” He said the English word for her and told that he isn’t that careless. “Was the photoshoot fun?” She asked not missing a beat of the conversation.

                He sighed, how could he say ‘It wasn’t anything new or exciting that I haven’t done

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter