The Way I See It

The Moon and More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jiyong, why is it when everything is done it is always the bad memories that hit back first?" She asked her friend clutching the phone, knuckles white from strain. "I just want to push those memories away." Her hand muffled her cries. Yun didn't know why she called him when she was in this state of mind. Usually she forced the emotion away by putting it into a song. Once it was written or composed into a melody she felt as if a lock was placed on the emotion as soon as the final note or word was made. But those days were over. Now here she was. Calling a friend who was in China at the moment and was nowhere near to comfort her. "I hate that I am like this. I should be excited to tell everyone about my gory days shouldn't I?" She gave a bitter laugh at the fact that out of her former groupmates she was probably the only one living this way. "Yun. Breathe." Jiyong said calmly, trying his best to soothe her through a phone. "Tell me everything." He started, while she eased her breathing.

 

Yun nodded into the phone. "I received a letter from a company. I made a mistake by continuing the open mic things. They thought I wanted to get my name out there so they looked me up. They said although I seemed to hold talent my past is deeply in question. That my part in the groups downfall made me a flight-risk not worth taking unless I gave my official statement about Lavender. I didn't realize how bad our group's end seemed to the current public until I looked it up. Jiyong, I was made into a scapegoat and I don't know what to do. " She explained quickly, not stopping a beat out of fear she would tell herself to tell him it was 'nothing really'.

 

"So you found out you might be the one used to take all the blame for a member's past you thought you were protecting but it turns out all of the faults are pointing towards you because you are one of few to stay silent and out of the media." He restated, making sure he caught all of her points. Her took her sniffling as a hint that he was wrong. "Yeobo?" He asked, he need to hear her voice. "Yes." Her voice settled with a slight rasp from not speaking after crying. "Could you tell me what happened with Lavender?" He asked her slowly. "Jiyong. I can't. I promised and gave my word." She cried. "Yun! They didn't keep theirs." Jiyong said getting frustrated. "they are abusing your trusting nature. Something I love but at times worry about how much you take everyone's word as trusting." Yun bit her lip as she looked down in defeat. "Jiyong, you will keep talking me to me right when I tell you? You won't leave my side right?" She whispered into the phone. "I have done worst things then you could even dream of doing. I won't leave my Yeobo." He told her, bringing a small amount of comfort to her. "Try not to get mad ok?" She sighed before telling him the groups domino effect of what brought them done.

-----------------------------------------------------

 

" We were one of the top girl groups in the mid 2000's. People would bring up our level as always going against CSJH. Saying we were both the top contenders to be a rising group when Baby V.O.X started to see their slump.  We were a well-balanced group. With Ari as the leader and face, Nami as the best dancer, Sky and I as the vocals and Hyejung as the maknae who brought the fans. They all had a light Ji, the stage was their home. The internet was huge as it is now then so we heard and saw fan reactions. Fan meets, huge events and live stages had the same turn out. Hyejung, Ari and Sky had the longest lines for fans total while Nami saw the most males. I had the smallest turn outs. They weren't bad size it was just extremely noticeable when you see only 5 signs for you at a fan event when other members were seeing twenty.

 

" So I practiced hard to gain attention. I offered to go on every variety show the others rejected, especially when one member couldn't make it for a two member gig. A first the offers were turned down but some were happy to take what they could get. I gained recognition though this. I even earned the title as 'The Neighborhood's Daughter'. Fans would cheer me on once my  hard working nature came out. I guess I didn't notice that while doing this I was taking the light from the others. I was just so happy Jiyong. I was happy to finally be noticed. I didn't see that I put the first move into our downfall.

 

" When times started to change our image needed to change with it. But the other members and I felt the company didn't know what they were doing with us anymore. One moment we were cute, the next sporty then ballad. Nami knew that my dad was Saturn so she and Sky came to me one day. They asked if I truly cared about the group shouldn't I ask my dad for help. I loved the idol life so I felt there was nothing wrong with that. It was just one song and my dad did offer his help before . So I asked him to make a song that could help us with our signature sound. It was a hook. It pushed us ahead of our rivals. So our company bought songs that were the same vibe as the one my dad made but they didn't have the same effect. 'Ask him again.', 'You can get this done.' and 'It is probably nothing he has hundreds of songs.' they said. I didn't think on it so I asked him again.

 

"My dad said it was no problem. I didn't see the stress he was under then. I pushed his pain aside as something I didn't need to ask. He gave me five songs that he had stored away. When I showed it to the oth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter