Fork in the Road

The Moon and More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She wiped her eyes roughly as she finally stopped at the top of the staircase. Stubborn tears were finally starting to stop and she found herself slowly coming back in control of her emotions. Yun found herself in the staircase of YG after her departure from the cafeteria. "Way to go." She mumbled to herself and sighed deeply, sitting down at the top steps. "I couldn't even sit there and take the punches." She scolded herself and messed up her own hair as she remembered how she probably ruined the luncheon. "I could have even turned it into a joke!" She said to no one in particular, "Well at least the hits are still coming out of this mind." Yun said, imagining a comeback before groaning at how pathetic is sounded. She heard a female's laughter that confirmed that it was a lame idea. "No that was perfect." Yoona said walking up to her new found friend. "Yoona." Yun greeted, the younger female responded in a similar method. "Seems like a lot of stuff is going on between you and Jiyong-ssi." Yoona said taking a seat next to Yun. She smiled warmly at her to let her know she did have a friend and an ear whenever she needed one.

Yun sighed again and thought to herself, 'I can't remember the last time I had a heart to heart with a female.' She found herself smiling when she remembered her Lavender days. Where she and her friends would sit around talking for hours about the people they met in the industry. "See there's a smile." Yoona said bringing her back to present day. "You smiled when we were eating but it was different. Like it wasn't fully there." Yun nodded, "I guess it wasn't. I am rusty in the acting department." Yun said causing her friend to laugh. "So what is up?" Yoona asked, turning her body to Yun to show she was getting the fullest of her attention. "I guess. I don't know really." She admitted upset she couldn't think of a direct thing. Yoona pondered, "What is on your mind right now then?" she asked. Yun groaned as the first image made her want to pull her hair out. "How can someone be so wishy-washy?" She asked aloud before gripping her knees.

"I mean one moment you feel as if you are close to someone that they can understand you without you having to worry about being judged. But the next, he is thinking you are his biggest enemy who stand for the most evil of reasons." Yun started, "Yes, how I got started isn't the most common of ways but I stand on my own. I don't take credit for what isn't mine. I tell all contacts up front that if they aren't referring to a song that I personally had some part in creating I cannot promise that the quality would be the same as my father's." she stood up and decided to lean against the railings of the staircase. "I do honest work. I can't believe he would think otherwise." She admitted, the reason she was hurt by Jiyong's words that day. For him to assume that she would steal from the person she hold dearest hurt her, but him stating that she never had her own ground of to stand on as a songwriter is what stung the most. "I don't know the full story between you two." Yoona said once there was a quiet pause between them, "And I know I will probably never know until you are ready to tell me. But what I can tell is there is a huge misunderstanding between you two. It is going to get worse to more you two don't talk about it and then you will end up both losing a friend." Yun agreed with her words. "I guess you went through this yourself?" she asked the younger female. "Pssh, who can argue with this amazing person?" Yoona asked in her cringe worthy agyeo voice.

"YAH!" Yun laughed, feeling goosebumps rise on her arms from the voice. "Don't talk like that." Yoona laughed along with her and continued to friend in the voice. She was happy to see her mood lighten from speaking her thoughts. "I can't with you." Yun admitted, shaking her head. "Thank you Yoona. I guess I should talk to him again. Let him know the truth better." She said in her own agyeo voice that sounded more like a five year old. Yoona gave her famous gator laugh, clapping in approval of the voice. "Daebak." She cheered getting up to join her standing friend. " We have food waiting for us." The two started to walk down the stairs and made it almost past two floors before they ran into Jiyong and Yongbae.

Yongbae was the first to notice them and made direct eye contact with Yoona. "There you are. Tiffany wanted me to find you for that thing." He said to her hoping she got the hint. Yoona looked from Yun to Jiyong. Both were silently staring at something that couldn't be seen. "Oh right! I forgot about that. I should go and find her. You know can't be late for that thing." She said catching the hint. "Ji, you have no problem taking Yun home right? The rest of us has a lot to do at the moment." Taeyang said snapping Jiyong out of his trance. "Wait what?" Jiyong asked confused about his surroundings. "I have to take Kiko shopping for tonight." He said, not following fully what was going on yet. "She is going shopping with Tiffany and I." Yoona said quickly, hating her statement but couldn't think of anything else. "She will meet you at the club tonight. With that she dragged Yongbae off before anything else could be exchanged that could further ruin their excuse to leave the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter