Dazed and Confused

The Moon and More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

June 2000

 

Yun was sitting in her bedroom. All of the lights were off and she kept a cover on her head. She heard shouting downstairs, causing her to get up from her bed. "I can't do this anymore. Do not act as if you are not part of the problem here. I put my everything into this marriage so why am I being left with in the dark?" She heard her mother shout. As if this was a push forward she opened her bedroom door and walked to the top of the staircase. "My husband working so often I never see him then my daughter gets the bright idea to join a girl group. I didn't sign up for this." Yun could hear the anger and sadness laced in her mother's voice. "I can do one or the other but not both. No person could. I get lonely you know. It isn't my fault it turned out like this." Yun slowly walked down the stairs in time to catch her mother slip on her heels. "Omma. Why do you have a suitcase?" She asked.  Her mother turned to look at her. As if she was trying to memorize her face as well as think over the move she was about to make. With hurt eyes she turned away from her daughter, deciding she didn't need anything that held her back. "Yun, I really did loved your father right?" She asked her daughter. Yun nodded slowly, as she descended the final step and walked towards her father.

 

"Don't be upset about the audition. It isn't like I made the final list so I can withdraw." Yun said, confused when her mother shook her head. "And then what? You join something else a few months later? I can't stand it. The fact that both you and your father have something you share and I am left alone. I couldn't stand it. I wanted to share more than just a home with someone. I should have never named you 'Yun' you know. " Her mother tsked as she rubbed her hair, soothing out the bedhead Yun currently had. "Because of your name it has become easier for me to secretly despise you and I am sorry." For the first time in forever Yun's mother pulled her into a hug. "A mother should not have this much resentment towards her child or husband." He." Yun stared at her mother as she pulled away. "I hope someday you will visit me ok?" mother said placing a cruel wish on her daughter.

 

Yun made no movement when her mother grabbed her suitcase.

She didn't move when the lights of a car appeared through the glass door.

She didn't move when watched her mother be pulled into the arms of another man.

The man looked at Yun and bowed before the lovers went into the car and drove away.

 

Yun stood there for almost thirty minutes and it wasn't until she heard her father's piano playing did she snap out of it. As if in a trance she walked to her father's side and sat beside him as he played. "You finally moved?" Her father asked her, not looking at her and focusing on the keys. "Um." Yun said staring at the keys as well. "Try not to drown in sorrow." Her father whispered. Yun got angry at his statement. 'Music caused all of this.' She thought to herself bitterly, she was ready to shout at her father when she felt stunned by the sight of him. 'Appa is crying.' was the only thought that came to her. Her father was crying as he played the keys. She listened closer to the melody and realized she felt his pain as well. "Seems like it is just me and you kiddo." Her father cried, Yun leaned onto her father's shoulder.

 

She would never forget the night she where her lullaby was a piano, her father's tears and his words.

 

 

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

MARCH 2013

 

The sunlight from the outside world peaked into her apartment. Stirring the female who was sleeping on the couch. Yun rubbed her eyes as she woke from her nap. 'What time is it?' she wondered as she glanced at her phone. Reading that it was now 4 PM she decided it was the perfect time to get lunch. Lazily she got up and made her way to her kitchen, rubbing her forehead and wishing she could have gotten at least an hour more of sleep. As much as she hated to admit it, outside stress has been affecting her sleeping patterns. At the moment she could honestly say she hasn't sleep more than five hours in the last 54 hours. And when she wasn't asleep she was worrying about her music, whether she ate a meal recently and Jiyong. 'I should take a shower to wake myself up.' Yun thought to herself, realizing she was in the same outfit from yesterday. Her hair was in a very messy braid and she wore a pair of grey groove pants with a off the shoulder pink and white striped top. "At least I showered yesterday.' She told herself as if this made her a bit more acceptable.

 

Since she delivered all of her confirmed projects Yun found herself with some free time. Which she usually saw as a blessing but the newfound feelings she had jumbling up inside of her wouldn't settle until she put them to some kind of music. Her gut telling her it was a smart move but her head telling her she needed to rest before she wore herself out.

After seeing Jiyong three days ago Yun found herself either pushing out ballads or drinking a late night cup of coffee and messing with compositions. So her gut won sadly. Which she wouldn't have complained about if it wasn't for the fact she found herself dreaming of childhood memories in the chances she does get to sleep. "Add to it I kissed someone who is in a relationship and suddenly get the inspiration bug like some twisted person." She mumbled as she decided she should probably eat something instead of showering. Stifling back a yawn she began cut the French loaf she bought a week ago.  'Where is the Peach and Rosewater jam?' she wondered after she put the slices into the toaster oven.

 

Her doorbell rang just as she found the spread. Feeling another yawn coming, she put down the jar and decided to see who it was. "Coming." Yun said as she went to the door. She looked into the monitor and felt a pit fall into her stomach. Q

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter