Lock and Key

The Moon and More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MAY 29, 2013

The morning started out for Yun with a voice message from Tiffany, Yoona and Jiyong. All giving her tips on how to handle the press but each with a different undertone. Tiffany seemed to be cheering the female on and feeling happy to know she helped pick out the dress to an amazing stage. Yoona was worried for her as there were many interpretations of her stage being put out there. But it was Jiyong's that made her begin to question her movements. 

'Since you are challenging someone from Leon you should sign with a rival company. YG is willing to take you in if anything happens.'

Sure she knew it was meant to sound reassuring but the idea that he was suggesting a safety net so early made it seem like she was in a losing battle almost. 'I will text him later about it.' Yuna told herself and looked out the taxi's window as it waited in stalled traffic. She knew this would happen from her actions so she was ready to take all that comes with it. Right? Yun began to worry about what will happen if the show decides to drop her or if more scandals about her former group mates start to appear. "I didn't want us to reunite because I forced them out of hiding though." She mumbled. It's all Skye's fault for pushing her buttons, she decided. The taxi driver peeked at her through his mirror. "You are that flower girl that is on that singing show?" He asked her catching her attention. Yun smiled and gave him a nod. "My middle daughter is a fan of yours, keep it up." He smiled honestly at her then went back to minding traffic. Yun was sure the man didn't know it but he lightened her heart greatly from his statement.

-------------

Yun entered the rehearsal studio and could feel the cold chill in the air. 'Back to the audition day it seems.' She thought to herself comparing the mood currently to that of the past. She made her was to a seat by the wall and wait til the rest of the cast arrived and mic'ed up. "There she is. Our own Carmen." Dove said to the older female, for once the young girl wasn't surrounded by her friends. "Excuse me?" Yun asked with a raised brow.  "The girl who only leads to trouble. But you earn my respect a bit, who knew you bite." Dove sized Yun up before walking away leaving a dumbfounded Yun. 'Was I just insulted?' She wondered, scoffing at how it the younger generation of trainees are growing nerves. "I see you have been visited by the lovely bird of peace." Junho said, giving Yun a sympathetic look. 

"She called me Carmen." Yun summed up, still confused at Dove's statement. "The girl knows opera? That is surprising enough to leave me confused too." Junho said, Yun laughed at his words while he settled in the seat next to her. Yun didn't have many interactions with the male but she found him easier to talk to than the other contestants. So easy that she had to remind herself he is still a stranger when she starts spilling thoughts to him. "I heard this week we will have a team challenge so we have preform a theme selected by our mentors." Junho said, telling how he 'overheard' this through some of the writers talking to stagehands.  "Great a challenge with someone who hates me." Yun grumbled, making her teammate pet her head. "There there, Junho-oppa is here to save you." He said playfully shushing her when she commented on the fact she was older than him by a few months.

The two were so in their own space that they didn't realize that a few cameramen came early to film cast interactions. A writer noticed their chemistry and tapped a stagehand's shoulder to ask that he film the two, as this could help ratings. 

---------

"I want us

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter