Meeting Her

The Moon and More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong sat in his studio and sighed in defeat. He has been locked in the studio since 4 am trying to create something. Now it was 4 pm. He has done absolutely nothing in the twelve hours he has been here. Well aside from playing a rhythm that he felt might be a good base idea but nothing beyond that. ‘Have I lost my spark?’ He wondered as he continued to add to his doodle of himself riding a dragonball. Jiyong his teeth at the thought, ‘I got this.’ He told himself. Flashes of articles calling him the next musical prodigy, the change to the Hip-Hop genre that Korea was in such dire need for. “I am the G-Dragon.” He said loudly, slamming his hands on the table as he stood up quickly. “And I am THE Youngbae.” His best friend said from behind him, causing the younger male to jump.

                “YAH!” Jiyong yelled at his best friend, trying to calm his body to show he wasn’t as shocked as it seemed. “You have been locked up in your musical lab all day.” Youngbae said walking up to see what has been created so far. “Any work Mr. Mad Scientist of Music?” Jiyong flopped back in his wheeled office chair in defeat. “Not a thing. Not a damn thing came to me.” He said and ruffled his hair as it almost hurt him to admit these words. “I don’t know what is wrong with me. Maybe God is punishing me for making too many hits at one time.” He said with a innocent face that made Youngbae laugh at how the cockiness was still there even in his moment of defeat.

                “Or maybe you need some fresh air. Great artists need that.” His friend said, hinting that is was time Jiyong has a break from his music. His friend raised an eyebrow at him and chuckled, “And what all mighty person said this?” he questioned, a smirk on his lips. “Tablo said he was told that by Saturn.” Youngbae stated, bored with how Jiyong seemed to be so sure he knew the ways of all things music. “Sat-turn?” Jiyong questioned then scowled. ‘Oh of course Tablo would listen to some so called ‘prodigy’ ‘He thought to himself. He was hearing more and more of this person every month. It was like he came out of nowhere and won the hearts of everyone who has ever worked with him. YG even tried to get contact with this guy to work on Lee Hi’s, the newest family member since his praise from Tablo seemed so amazing.  “I don’t see why everyone talks about this guy so much.” Jiyong said, a bit of jealously in is voice from having to know there was someone YG listens to who he has never met.

                Youngbae only sighed. He was used to this from Jiyong, anytime someone brought up Saturn it was this behavior. He looked around and noticed a magazine sitting on the low table next to the ‘chilling couch’. He remembered there was a Saturn article and flipped to the page of the article. “A person of mystery. Saturn is being said to be something the world should watch out for. With his way with words and ability touch a listener’s hearts. Named after the distant planet, one can see why he chose this name. Even with everyone looking for a trace of how he looks he is hard to catch on camera.” Youngbae recited from the magazine article. “Stop it.” Jiyong shouted tired of hearing this. “I need some air.” He said and grabbed his shades. “Oh, just like what—“ Youngbae started to say before Jiyong covered his mouth.

                “Don’t even say it. Please.” Jiyong begged, he felt his friend smile and returned it. “Only if you pick up some food for the rest of us while you are out.” Youngbae said giving his friend a cheesy thumbs up. Jiyong sighed but agreed to the ‘demands’, “Don’t think you pulled one over on me though.” He said playfully punching his friend’s shoulder as he left the studio. ‘Now what to eat though.’ Jiyong thought to himself as he walked out the back of the company and down the road. The YG cafeteria, although famous, was not something to eat every day. He was bored of the norm. Heck, he was even risking it all by just walking around outside with just his black beanie on, some shades and a mask. ‘At least I am wearing something normal.’ He thought to himself, his white tee shirt and black skinny jeans making him seem more normal.

                Jiyong walked a bit more when the smell of coffee hit him. “That would be good right now.” He decided. Feeling it would be wise to stock up on the caffeine to assist him in working late tonight. He walked into the coffee shop and removed his beanie, stuffing it lazily into his rear pocket. “Impressive menu.” He said out loud looking over it and seeing they had from normal pastries to paninis and pasta even. “This is no ordinary coffee shop.” Jiyong looked around and saw that there were not many inside of the place. A man on his phone, an elderly couple and a woman staring at him with a questioning look. ‘Does she recognize me? Is she going to scream?’ he wondered. She wasn’t giving him any bad vibes he could tell so he felt no reason to worry. ‘Must be a fan.’ He told himself and put himself into his ‘swagger’ mind frame. He finished as he st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter