Chapter Two

Smoke & Mirrors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

✤ Hana 

It’s the same nightmare again, the same thoughts again and again. I wonder if I’ll get a good night sleep ever again. But I felt that this time was a little different, I couldn’t really figure out why though. Then somehow my thoughts took another turn, remembering the other guy from yesterday, Kai was his name. I think he probably have some problem with his tongue or something, I mean I kept asking him some questions about how we’re going to get through with this project and all I could get out from his mouth was “later”. Like really? What’s later anyway? And I didn’t get any answer.

 

I swear I wanted to kill this guy for his guts, he’s either an arrogant arsehole, or suffering from some mental illness. But I’d definitely go with him being an arrogant arsehole, and what’s with his name anyway? Kai, is that even a name? Even if that’s a nickname or something, who would name himself Kai?  And why didn’t he tell me his real name instead? Guessing that only the close people call him by his real name, it must be like this. I wonder if he’s even close to anyone.  Wait a second, what am I doing?  I’ve been thinking about this new guy I met just yesterday for a whole hour! Way to go Hana!

 

Another dreadful day at college, I thought as I hopped off the bus in front of the big gates. Then I noticed the guy I’ve been thinking about since I woke up terrified from my nightmare this morning, he was getting out from some car and shared a little chat with whoever drove him here. I’ve noticed that he was a guy, but I couldn’t get to see what he looked like.  After some more seconds of me staring, and them talking, he finally drove off leaving that Kai guy walking by himself towards the gates. And I followed him inside, contemplating if I should catch up with him and ask more about the project, but I decided against it. I would just try again when I meet him in class.

The thing is, he didn’t appear in class today. And I was pissed, I just want to talk it over with him, but he seems indifferent abo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter