Chapter One

Smoke & Mirrors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“There I was again tonight forcing laughter faking smiles

Same old tired, lonely place

Walls of insincerity

Shifting eyes and vacancy vanished when I saw your face

All I can say is it was enchanting to meet you”

                               ♦~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♦~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♦

 ✤ Hana

  I woke up with a jolt, my breath fast and heart bounding in my chest threatening to just jump off. It's the same nightmare over and over again. The same nightmare I've had since the day I saw a murderer. He visits me every night in my dreams, running after me with the same bloody knife that the other man was killed by, and every time I get close to the light he pushes me strong against the wall, and I get frightened every time I see the knife getting closer and closer to my throat, then I wake up. I curse again under my breath then I get up to have a cup of water and calm my nerves. I've never seen his face in my dreams, and I can't remember what he looked like in real life, I only had a small glimpse of his face, but I'm sure that if I saw him anywhere I would recognize him right away. But I don’t wish to see him ever again, not even in my dreams.

  I go back to bed again and try to sleep for a little bit more before I start my day and go to college. No, it fails every time, because I sit on my bed staring at the ceiling wondering if that man decides to search for me to kill me as well, since I’m the only witness. I know the man who died, and I’m glad he was killed actually. He was the sole reason behind my father’s death, he was my father’s friend but decided to betray him to get more money and that led my father to be bankrupted then he got a heart attack and you get the rest of the story. So as I said I was glad he was dead, maybe the killer has his own reasons to kill him, right?, giving the fact that he’s actually a bad person.

This whole story explains why I have some trust issues, and I d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter